Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Packet Sniffing Help

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can any 1 help me ?? i want to make custom ZA 562 so i just want to know how to get packets send and recieved from client-Server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can any 1 just give me battleserver to zoneagent packet data?? i tried but not able to capture apropriate packets

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can any 1 just give me battleserver to zoneagent packet data?? i tried but not able to capture apropriate packets

I guess no one will send you the packets
You can do it using Wireshark by monitoring traffic on loopback address.
Note: If you monitor your wifi or your ethernet port, you will not get the packets that are locally transmitted. aka the packets having destination/source as 127.0.0.1

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
can you plz elaborate because i have been studying packet sniffing but im not able to achieve my goal to get packets of servers. i already monitored in loopback address
but im not getting any TCP communication of specific port.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
can you plz elaborate because i have been studying packet sniffing but im not able to achieve my goal to get packets of servers. i already monitored in loopback address
but im not getting any TCP communication of specific port.

Start Wireshark and start the server and do the following

Listen on loopback network interface
1 - Packet Sniffing Help - RaGEZONE Forums

Filter ports that you want
2 - Packet Sniffing Help - RaGEZONE Forums

You should get the packets. If you don't get packets probably you should try troubleshooting the things at your end.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i have tried the above mentioned procedure but i am only getting bad packets , can you plz help me with some more information

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i have tried the above mentioned procedure but i am only getting bad packets , can you plz help me with some more information

I have gone to the lowest level I can to explain. More probably you need to watch videos about using Wireshark and capturing packets on loopback address.
If your server is running at some other place then the traffic would come under respective interface. Hope you are selecting right interface.

Back