Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help] Trying to add new skins for my server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay, I'm having a problem and I hope you can (understand) help me with that

I want to use a "model" from another game on my PT server (literally an item from another game)

how am i trying to do

I go to C:\Program Files"PTSERVER"\image\Sinimage\Items\DropItemand choose an item

for exampleitWS252.smd (model and item information) itWS252.bmp (texture) (I think, or almost)
use SMD Reader (by sandurr)and the .ASE file comes out

I open .ASE in 3D StudioMax 8 (already with the .ASE import and export plugin)
the Model opens normally, I take the model I want to "exchange" and exchange for each other (I delete the original and put the new one literally in the same place) and save

I change the .BMP to the texture of the "new model"so far so good, but when I enter the server and soon it closes without giving any error, just closes.

am i doing something wrong?

or is everything wrong? :/:

do you know any better and easier way to do this?

Reaction score
Got the right idea, except for the bmp file.
If you change the bmp file name from its original, you need to open your ase file in notepad and update the bmp file name.

The ase and bmp go into your client folder, not server folder.

As for the ASE file, what export settings are you using?
Should be something like this for weapons.

nekmEnb - [Help] Trying to add new skins for my server. - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Got the right idea, except for the bmp file.
If you change the bmp file name from its original, you need to open your ase file in notepad and update the bmp file name.

The ase and bmp go into your client folder, not server folder.

As for the ASE file, what export settings are you using?
Should be something like this for weapons.

nekmEnb - [Help] Trying to add new skins for my server. - RaGEZONE Forums

thank you very much for your attention I appreciate that, thank you

so the BMP is not changing the name just the image,the name remains the same
and about the file I put it in the Client folder, not even on the Server (even because I don't think there is even a Sinimage folder, I think)

and on the ASE file, the settings are the "default" that the 3DS itself places by "default" (I suppose it is the same as the original file)

and which program is the print?doesn't look the same as I use :(

another question, when I use the SMD reader the .ASE comes outafter doing what i need should i put "back"?if so, how do i do it?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Reaction score
You should import the ase into 3ds max, along with another weapon from pt, put them side by side, make sure they are of similar size and lined up correctly.
Then export the ase of the new model and use that (not the one converted by the smd converter).

I use 3ds max 2012

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You should import the ase into 3ds max, along with another weapon from pt, put them side by side, make sure they are of similar size and lined up correctly.
Then export the ase of the new model and use that (not the one converted by the smd converter).

I use 3ds max 2012

let me see if I understand

when exporting, do I have to "create" a new .ase or can I just export it in the same file that I edited?

Upvote 0
Back