Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Help me with this error mssql_pconnect() unable to connect to server

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
hello any one can help me why i always got this error i install SQL Server 2005
mssql_pconnect() unable to connect to server ? please help me how to fix the error . cant connect to name/SQLEXPRESS link to UserLogin and i already set it on ODBC on User DSN and System DSN still cant connect im using xampp for temporary please help . whats the problem with this one.

Error :
Warning: mssql_pconnect() [function.mssql-pconnect]: Unable to connect to server: mycomputer\SQLEXPRESS

when i login mycomputer\SQLEXPRESS on SQL Server management studio it connects with sa and pass . please help. why it cant connect.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hi Developer.

il try my best here. "mycomputer\SQLEXPRESS " mycomputer needs to be the name you gave the sql instance when you set it up.

the "sa" needs to be the name you have nominated in your db, item and sqldaemon config files the pass needs to be the same as well.

the name for "sa" has to be configured in security folder as a valid login and given the correct permissions.

also you will need to go to the php folder in xampp and make sure the mssql.dll is enabled.

you may also need to install this ntwdblib.dll. in the php folder and in apache folder.

regards for now alan110

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Warning: mssql_pconnect() [function.mssql-pconnect]: Unable to connect to server: mycomputer\SQLEXPRESS
-first check if this is running in your sql browser.
-check if the tcp/ip is enabled.

if you can make the odbc then test it. create a php files then check if it is running like placing a code

$myconn = mssql_pconnect('hstname','user','pass','db') or die(unable to connect sql);

from there you can check if your computername\SQLEXPRESS is functioning. Use MSSQL 2012 its better and easier than 2005.

Upvote 0
Back