Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

I see a lot of private servers, their libconfig.dat do not exist in the client

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
vipzomen - I see a lot of private servers, their libconfig.dat do not exist in the client - RaGEZONE Forums

So how do they implement it?

@iceblade112

PyroSamurai

Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
As far as I know, there are only a handful of private servers out there. I don't really allow discussion about them here, especially the ones that don't use the files we have available here. But for the sake of the technical curiousity presented in this question, I'll allow it.

I can only give you a guess, but there are couple options available when you don't have the source code.
Patching the game binary to change location of the libconfig.
+Modify the file format, maybe to xml.
+Moving it to system settings/config folders for the game.
The most simple explanation would be that they change the file status to hidden. lol

Anyways I don't know why people do these things, nothing short of encryption would even slow down a serious reverser. You only help your enemy if you underestimate them.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Private servers generally use programs like molebox to merge files into the exe which help prevent their work from being stolen.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thx , I checked the EXE file.Use enigma(4.0) encryption

Back