Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

The NORI Tool Released

Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
@altasking It's far from perfect yet. With the 1.5.00 version you can only modify NORI files that don't rely much on the animation section so monster files are probably not going to work after modding. I'm working on that. Should be fine by next release.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Alright so, I've been throwing this about today and I've stumbled into a few hiccups.
It seems that the Blood Red Eyes (face_cm_054.nri) and Odd Eyes (face_cm_053.nri) might be incompatible. I've been working with palette edits and...TNT skips the last few images due to a buffer overflow.

err2 - The NORI Tool Released - RaGEZONE Forums err1 - The NORI Tool Released - RaGEZONE Forums

I'm not sure if these are due to the edits themselves (which aren't anything drastic) or me just goofing up somewhere, but even with recompiling the latest version, they don't seem to work. (There should be 10 images in face_cm_054 and 14 in face_cm_053.)
I'm running Command Prompt as admin, just in case it helps.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
@Timer
Whether you use admin privileges or not doesn't matter.
The Create feature isn't really complete in the 1.5 release, but that might not be your issue.
There are a thousand things that can go wrong with creating a NORI file with the 1.5 release.
First off, creating 16-bit NORI with palettes is not support by TNT and never will be unless I am forced to by the game's mechanics.

Next, assuming that is not the cause, you still have to change the gawi size (gsize), file size (fsize), and diff size (wogawi) to adjust for the lack of the palette. You might have to adjust bmp info and offsets as well as animation info might need to be adjusted depending on the changes you made.

Also the 1.5 release does not deal with the "extra data section" correctly, so if that is the issue there is nothing TNT 1.5 can do about it. By the way, if the create feature is of interest/importance to you I suggest you look on github about helping fund its completion. I'm no longer working on that feature for free since it distracts from the actual goals of Libre Trickster project.
Just a warning, further discussion of that topic should not happen in this thread.

Most likely, based on your error and overall edit-intention, you probably just forgot to adjust the NORI header and GAWI header information to adjust for the removal of the PAL section. Running out of space before all the bmp have been added is usually a good indicator that this is the problem. Keep in mind, though, that 054 is a v303 with an "extra data section" on every frame, that 053 (v300) does not.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Alright, thanks for your help. Didn't realize you couldn't just throw in a file without editing, though maybe I should have expected such.
Kinda sucks about the blood red eyes, but now I know what to look out for. 303s are not for me. (Or anyone else.)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Anyone know about the &#0 character? I want to create an nri file from the original file. When I run the command it gives an error about the character &#0. When I delete it in the config (cfg file) it can create the nri file successfully but when I start the game it shows exceptional error.

I also tried with the intro_base file and the wallpaper turned black.
Gathering data from config file...
NORI filename: intro_base1024.nri
Absorbing BMP files:
intro_base1024_nriintro_base1024.nri_1.bmp
Error in (file2BA):
java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: intro_base1024_nriintro_base1024.nri_1.bmp
Error in (getImgData):
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot read the array length because "array" is null
Finalizing file...
NORI File Creation Complete.

ksRelos - The NORI Tool Released - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Back