Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Virtualbox Public Trickster Server Release

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Great to hear and very kind of you!

My IT knowledge is pretty much non-existent (which explains my prescence in this vbox thread), so I have no clue what DHT and encryption mean; but Google will surely be able to answer those!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that there is no Vbox as yet for the s2 server. So again due to my lack of IT expertise I was prepared to make do with v0.5, for now, while I familiarize myself with MySQL and Windows Server??????

Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
@rw594
hmm not sure how much the 0.50 technology is going to prepare you for the S2 stuff. Anyways, DHT and Encryption should be settings in your torrent client, DHT is probably already enable, encryption may not.

Any particular reason you are interested in setting up your own S2 server when you have no IT knowledge? There are several private servers already that you can play on.

Please do not mirror the download, by the way. If it ever gets bad enough that I can't handle the torrent demand (lol that'd be the day), I'll add a MEGA link myself.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm currently based in mainland China, probably a tad too far, physically, from those private servers:):

Going through a VPN, I'm on a 140ms lag to most of US; so something local will likely make for a better experience.

Of course, over the years, a few private servers have popped up here and there in China, and I've personal experience with two of them. Unfortunately, none stood the test of time, and many were eventually discovered to be nasty short-term money-grabs.

So my plan here, is to take some time to familiarise myself with the very basics of MySQL and WS2012, just enough that I can setup a make-shift server on my PC by following the instructions left here by kind souls like you, and have a few of my friends over for a nostalgic get-together. (I'm running a 8700k, 2x8G of DDR4, on a 500M down and 50M up connection, hopefully enough to host the few of us)

Again thank you for the instructions re torrent - I've checked my qBitorrent client, [DHT] / [PeX] / [Local Peer Discovery] have all been enabled to find more peers, and [Encryption Mode] has been set to 'Allow'. Still though I'm stalling at 0.0%... Is there anything else I'm doing wrong?

Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
@rw594
I don't know what's going on, but you've clearly gone through the effort of trying all possibilities. I'll add a MEGA link for the file itself but you'll still have to use the password and guide from archive in the original post. I'll add the MEGA link to original post so keep an eye on it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@rw594
I don't know what's going on, but you've clearly gone through the effort of trying all possibilities. I'll add a MEGA link for the file itself but you'll still have to use the password and guide from archive in the original post. I'll add the MEGA link to original post so keep an eye on it.

Fantastic Pyro my good sir :thumbup1: I'll keep my eyes peeled!

Meanwhile I've downloaded all the files from the S2.0 release thread, and I'm following Mr. IceBlade's video guide (with your added comment) literally step by step, with my eyes glued to the screen

I've already encountered some technical difficulties that looked impossible for myself to resolve, but I guess its good practice to leave the questions in the original video guide thread, so all (suicidal tech noobies) that come after in that thread may benefit.

All the love!

Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
I'm having extensive issues uploading the file (such as Mega resetting the upload when it was almost done), so it is taking much longer than I anticipated. It may take several hours to get it up there.

5hours later for a total of 7:
Man, that was a huge pain in the butt to upload.
It was like walking through a crowd while holding Nitroglycerin. Had to stop it from crashing every 10MB.

rw594 ping

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@PyroSamurai

Thank you, Sir, V kind! I've successfully downloaded from the Mega link.

Just figured out how to give a thumbs-up. I doubt it even makes any meaningful difference to you though, seeing that most everyone here is already much indebted to you.

Not sure what 'Mirroring' is as regards to Mega, but I'll just be a good boi and not share the link with anyone. Can't do anything wrong if I do nothing, I hope :D:

Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
@rw594
Clicking the ✶ at bottom left to add rep always makes a meaningful difference. It makes my little green bar grow.
Learning to use the thumbs-up button is important too, b/c it's not about what others do but you yourself feel and gratitude is always appreciated by me and everyone on RageZone.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@PyroSamurai

Great, glad that there's something else I can do repay the kindness, insignificant as it is.

And far as I can tell, your little green bar seems maxed out:laugh:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello guys, if someone increase the seeding on the file, after i download it, ill let it seed, i have 100mbps upload speed

Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
@hugoalves6
On an old release like this that already has a mega link, I wouldn't suggest you spend your bandwidth on seeding it unless you have a 24/7 seedbox like I do. That's not as fancy as it sounds. It is literally just a PC that is dedicated to downloading and seeding torrents 24/7. I think they are a necessity if you use torrents. They also make the most of the money you pay each month for your bandwidth, otherwise it goes unused.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
There's no tutorial on how to make a game account? Or add the translated libconfig.dat since you can't drag/drop into VMWare?

Back