Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[WIP] S2 Translation (ver: 5/1/2020)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
-Requires the korean Item and Equip folder to enable/use content not found in the chinese release

I'm assuming this goes in releases but if not my apologies.
First thanks to PyroSamurai and iceblade112 for all their tools, releases and tutorials.

This is something that will be updated every 2 weeks or so I hope.

For use with the released taiwanese client executable only.

Completed currently:
UI strings
UI params
NPC names
Monster names
Map names
Skill names & info
Episode 0
Cora Beach - General
Desert Beach - General
Desert Beach - Key Quests
South East Forest - General
Party quests

Caballa Relics - Key quests
Poppuri Dungeon - Key quests
Quest results
NPC titles
NPC speech
Quest references
Quest minitip

Pachi and Kochi warpers
Oops Wharf - Key quests(Most)
Tapasco Volcano - Key quests(That are in the server)
Black Swamp - Key quests
Snow Hill - Key quests
Ghost Blue - Key quests
Rose Garden - Key quests
Items - Ingame
Equipment - Ingame
Abyss - Key quests
Episode 6
Episode 3
Episode 2(Some random NPCs are still in chinese)
Episode 1
Megapolis BGM corrected
Mermaid Palace - Key quests
Card Girl quests
Love Hunter Robin quests
Party Quests
Compounding NPCs

04/16/2020
3rd job quests
Skill NPCs
Episode 4
Episode 5
Hunter Yuri quests
Assistant Hunter quests
Hunter Master quests
Tips
Added Dragonic items
Item Set Titles
Episode 6 spawn bug fix
Monster Speech

05/01/2020
Added Alterverse gear

Along with some other dialog that is hard to determine it's location due to weird file names

I intend to later on add the missing maps such as nell's camp and chaos tower now that I've sort of figured out how maps/npcs work.

Download-

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
Yes, this is the correct section. I've gone ahead and stickied your thread.
I will be backing up every file update :)
I sure I speak for all us when I say I hope you see this project to completion :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Work in progress as this will be finished over a period of time.

Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
@zangref the link still points to the "English 03132020.rar" file. Did you forget to change the link or is this new file? If it is, please change it's name to reflect the new date of release.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay that was weird apparently it didn't let me override the link until I deleted it in the whole edit box. Sorry about that. Will probably just update this every 1st and 16th of the month to make things a bit easier for now on.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wow haven’t heard about this project. Thanks for your effort for community. Look forward to completation.

PS. I has tried to translate trickster before it was time consuming and boring. I may suggest the TO-toolbox is open source can someone edit it for auto translate, with source code anything is possible but need programming skill and time to invest.

Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
Auto-translation quality is just not high enough. Especially with Asian languages. Etc, etc. Anyways, the translation only needs to be done once if you do release-style like zangref is.

P.S. I'm the maintainer of TO-Toolbox :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I didn’t mean to use auto translate. I mean to read English dialog from en client and replace to tw client. As I remember it has variable name for each dialog so its can be replace easily?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
A lot of files that do the same thing are in completely different tables for whatever reason despite obviously being key files all versions need. (Hello mermaid palace)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
In that update there's maybe 10% of the game translated but in the next one it should be anywhere between 40~60%.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just a heads up (not necessarily for the translation but nonetheless), the BossMonsterTable section in Mapinfoex for Nefertiti's Audience Chamber (ID number 616) points to a monster table with a nonexistent boss character.
If you would please update that to point to "BossMon_EP6_Harcon", it would save people a lot of confusion when people don't see any monsters spawning :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Files updated. For the most part I'd like to say all the absolute vital text in game is probably done.
Next will probably be setting the seeds to update chaos tower to the new version with the alterverse gear sets.
I didn't add the spicy drops to him yet so you'll need to add them manually if you want them in your server with the following IDs:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just an FYI: The dialogue for Fusion Master Arlene in Mega Shop (NpcMsg_Square_Shop_Npc129) mentions de-fusion, which is not possible.
EDIT: Also, Frost Wind Forest 2 is called "Techichi - Tango Cabin"
EDIT 2: Someone working with me found this error:
53886c09e20b1cc72ae4df581068ecfa - [WIP] S2 Translation (ver: 5/1/2020) - RaGEZONE Forums
I'm sure this was a mistake, but I still felt the need to bring this to your attention.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah I've found a few off map names starting around the 3rd job change since some map ids appear to differ between na and tw. I don't recall seeing that error during testing so may I know what your partner did to trigger it? For the most part I only tested until the end of Ep2/Rose Garden so if you see anything off past there be sure to give me a notice. Some items are also labled "?????" due to an accidental miss click at some point it appears which I plan to fix by june.

There won't be anything tomorrow to release due to lots of work going around but june may have a nice surprise or a really big surprise if I can figure extra things out.

If anyone happens to know how to redirect field warps you'd be a hero.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah I've found a few off map names starting around the 3rd job change since some map ids appear to differ between na and tw. I don't recall seeing that error during testing so may I know what your partner did to trigger it? For the most part I only tested until the end of Ep2/Rose Garden so if you see anything off past there be sure to give me a notice. Some items are also labled "?????" due to an accidental miss click at some point it appears which I plan to fix by june.

There won't be anything tomorrow to release due to lots of work going around but june may have a nice surprise or a really big surprise if I can figure extra things out.

If anyone happens to know how to redirect field warps you'd be a hero.
If I recall correctly, it happens as you're scrolling through the quest text with the arrows. It's because of the next line's text somehow residing in the area where the dialogue selections are meant to be.
I think it's line 32 or 33 in NpcMsg_Beach_Town_Npc24_1

EDIT (06/19/2020): Wow, so I got to episode 6 and realized that it isn't entirely translated. Looked into it and saw why--the table names differ between eTO and twTO. So...wow, this will be some major guesswork.
Also, my Chronos fix does not work :< at least, not without some fixing. He will need to be assigned another monster ID. 16735 is outside of the game's range, but 16029 is not taken. You can also see about replacing another monster's ID with it. I used one of the Chaos Spire monsters (I think, ID is 3007) for this, so it would not interfere with Harkon Defense.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
wowzer alot of work was done in such a short amount of time. Wish i knew how all this worked :'3
(thx everyone!)

Back