Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Adding the Duck Set to New Characters (+ Level Up Reward Tutorial)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
For those of you used to the newer versions of Trickster, the duck set in your inventory is a nice little gift. However, the Season 2 files we have do not add the duck set automatically, and as such, you are left with the rookie equips until you find something better. (Which, in all honesty, isn't that far off, but nonetheless)
In this tutorial, I will show you how to automatically give your players the duck set in two different ways.
I highly recommend setting the ExistType for the entire set to 0. This will make the items permanent. Please note down the item IDs below and modify ItemParamCM2 to match.

Method 1: Using the level up reward system

1) In your libconfig, search for the table "PostBoxLevelUpGiftInfo". This is where all the level up rewards are located.

2) Using the rows above as a guide, insert and edit a new row for the duck set. You are able to send a total of eight items using this, but in this case, we only need four. We'll fill in the leftover sections in the end.

Here is the setup I use, as viewed in an XML editor.

WQozKFf - Adding the Duck Set to New Characters (+ Level Up Reward Tutorial) - RaGEZONE Forums

I will describe the various sections here.
WARNING: do NOT add apostrophes to any of these! This will result in the gift failing to send.
ID: The internal ID of the reward. As there were 30 IDs already, this ID is 31.
Level: The level required to receive the reward. Set it to a low level like 5 or 10. I would not set it to 1 because it may result in errors. (If you want to do that, please use Method 2 instead.)
ChrType: Numbers that determine what kind of character can receive this reward. I copy-pasted the ones from the level 15 reward.
Sender: Should be self explanatory. Usually set as "GM".
Title: The title of your message.
ItemName_00 (and so on): name of the item you're sending. Does not necessarily affect the name of the item in-game.
ItemID_00 (and so on): the internal ID of the item you are sending. In the case of the duck set, the IDs should be the following: 75037 (staff), 77035 (hat), 78335 (shield) and 19434 (keychain)
ItemCount_00 (and so on): how many of the item you're sending. Since these are equipment items, I have it set at 1.

Unfortunately, all of the sections have to be filled in. For blank sections, leave a space in the item name section (for XML users, leave a space in the CDATA) and fill in the ID and count with "0", as shown above.

Rinse and repeat for any level up rewards you want. As far as I know, there is no limit.

Method 2: Modifying a stored procedure
For those of you wanting to add the set upon character creation, altasking has provided me with a way to replicate what the official servers did and automatically insert the duck set into new characters. To do this, follow the following steps:

1) Login to SQL Server Management Studio.
2) Go to the trickster database and look for the procedure "usp_insert_character"
3) Right click and choose "Modify".
Make a backup of the procedure before continuing! (copy and paste it into a .txt file)

4) Search for the following:
-- 복표션(HP, MP) -
- 2008.06.26 신규 가입 이벤트 관련 인벤에 포션 30증설
5) Add the following rows below:
Code:
insert into tbl_item values (19434, 2, 1, 0, default, 0, 0, 0, 0)
insert into tbl_item_char values (@char_uid, @@IDENTITY, 1, 0)
insert into tbl_item values (75037, 2, 1, 0, default, 0, 0, 0, 0)
insert into tbl_item values (77035, 2, 1, 0, default, 0, 0, 0, 0)
insert into tbl_item values (78335, 2, 1, 0, default, 0, 0, 0, 0)

This is what it should look like:
WRKhLEf - Adding the Duck Set to New Characters (+ Level Up Reward Tutorial) - RaGEZONE Forums

6) Parse (control+f5) the procedure to make sure it works, then execute it to save. If the parsing goes wrong, check the picture above to make sure you edited it correctly.

7) Create a new character to test. Your new character should have the duck set in their inventory.

You can add more items with this, so long as you know the item's ID, but I would not add too many because it may break the new character. Be careful not to add too many items.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Back