Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

About ESAction

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to access ESAction indexes from skilparam2? I haven't found them in the libconfig.xml :( It changes the skill formula and animation, as shown in Fig. 1.

fig1 - About ESAction - RaGEZONE Forums
Figure: I created a copy of Shield of Mana, in the original skill (1) the effect called by the ESAction 1122 is the original effect and increases MD, in the copy (2) with ESAction 1118 the skill effect called is the Sturdy Shield and DP is increased.

I've searched more deeply into the cream.xml and cream.nri, but still, they were just the render and the frames & animation info for the skill, nothing about the formula. I have also looked into the ES supplementary tables (ESATable & ESAIITable), but they don't have any information about the formula, just some additional parameters for the skills and the Ratio, which intrigues me. There's also a "comment" column, but as far as I've tapped into them, they are merely for dynamic UI strings shown in the skill description.

How do these ESA & ESAII tables know which stat they will apply the Ratio from the table? I've searched into the client HEX (Fig. 2), and I've got some attributes (e.g., ApRatio, DxRatio) and although they happen to be close to a list of ESActions, they are not linked to any particular ESA or ESAII table, in fact, changing them in the HEX editor had no effect on the skill I'm testing on a LAN server.

fig2 - About ESAction - RaGEZONE Forums
IFuinha - About ESAction - RaGEZONE Forums
Figure 2: Client used was the "Trickster無殼.exe"

When researching the "trickster" tables and stored procedures from the database, I've found nothing as well :(
I'd like to understand how these indexes work, how they call an animation from the cream.nri and a renderer procedure from cream.xml, and ultimately, how is this ESAction index responsible for applying the skillparam2 attributes to certain stats (e.g., AP or MA). The more I think about it, the more it sounds like the client might be responsible for it... But so far, all the ESAction terms I've found and changed in the client resulted in no response to the formula of the skills. Anyway, if anyone knows how to access the ESAction indexes, or any hint at all, I'd be pretty ecstatic! Thank you in advance!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Apparently... I was right! It IS the client!

Doing some reverse engineering I could find the relation to the ESAction function (FUN_004414b0) to the skills, now just gotta study it properly, but assuming assembly is awfully annoying it might take a while, a long while. Being realistic, I doubt this will work out at all, but if it does, we could try adding new skills by hacking the client itself!

Just gotta test and see if changing anything minor inside this (as changing a PUSH for skill effect, for instance) will actually make the game crash or not (let's hope I don't get banned from my own lan server lol).

Funny thing is that I wasn't even looking for the ESAction anymore, I was trying to understand another completely different thing. Huh... Who would've known?

1711493004294 - About ESAction - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Back