anyone manage to compile the blood harvest 260 server source?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    True MemberRank
    Nov 2015 Join Date
    127.0.0.1Location
    232Posts

anyone manage to compile the blood harvest 260 server source?

in wnet rpcgen succeeds, common succeeds, io succeeds, backdbd succeeds, gamedbd succeeds, everything else fails with errors in .cpp and .o files

DeveloperRank
    Mar 2007 Join Date
    978Posts

Re: anyone manage to compile the blood harvest 260 server source?

I've been messing with it the past couple days some, since I've had a few moments to do so. I've been having some issues with linking;

Code:
    ../io/security.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN4GNET7MD5HashC1Ej+0x2c): In function `GNET::MD5Hash::MD5Hash[in-charge](unsigned)':/usr/include/c++/3.3.3/ext/stl_hashtable.h:200: undefined reference to `md5_init_context'

../io/security.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN4GNET8SHA1HashC1Ej+0x2c): In function `GNET::SHA1Hash::SHA1Hash[in-charge](unsigned)':/usr/include/c++/3.3.3/ext/stl_hashtable.h:200: undefined reference to `sha1_init_context'

../io/security.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN4GNET15ARCFourSecurity12SetParameterERKNS_6OctetsE+0x2f): In function `GNET::ARCFourSecurity::SetParameter(GNET::Octets const&)':/usr/include/c++/3.3.3/ext/stl_hashtable.h:498: undefined reference to `rc4_init_context'

../io/security.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN4GNET15ARCFourSecurity6UpdateERNS_6OctetsE+0x2f): In function `GNET::ARCFourSecurity::Update(GNET::Octets&)':/usr/include/c++/3.3.3/ext/stl_hashtable.h:498: undefined reference to `rc4_update'

../io/security.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN4GNET7MD5HashC1Ev+0x29): In function `GNET::MD5Hash::MD5Hash[in-charge]()':/usr/include/c++/3.3.3/bits/vector.tcc:73: undefined reference to `md5_init_context'

../io/security.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN4GNET7MD5Hash6UpdateERNS_6OctetsE+0x2f): In function `GNET::MD5Hash::Update(GNET::Octets&)':/usr/include/c++/3.3.3/ext/stl_hashtable.h:498: undefined reference to `md5_update'

../io/security.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN4GNET7MD5Hash5FinalERNS_6OctetsE+0x11): In function `GNET::MD5Hash::Final(GNET::Octets&)':/usr/include/c++/3.3.3/bits/vector.tcc:312: undefined reference to `md5_final'

../io/security.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN4GNET8SHA1Hash6UpdateERNS_6OctetsE+0x2f): In function `GNET::SHA1Hash::Update(GNET::Octets&)':/usr/include/c++/3.3.3/ext/stl_hashtable.h:498: undefined reference to `sha1_update'

../io/security.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN4GNET8SHA1Hash5FinalERNS_6OctetsE+0x11): In function `GNET::SHA1Hash::Final(GNET::Octets&)':/usr/include/c++/3.3.3/bits/vector.tcc:312: undefined reference to `sha1_final'

../io/security.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN4GNET7MD5Hash6DigestERKNS_6OctetsE+0x30): In function `GNET::MD5Hash::Digest(GNET::Octets const&)':/usr/include/c++/3.3.3/bits/stl_algo.h:2793: undefined reference to `md5_digest'

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    This was trying to build gdeliveryd, I fixed this issue before with PWI I am pretty sure, but that was some time ago, I'm trying to remember what I did again haha. I am not having issues with cpp compilation, double check your line endings sometimes they can get screwed up in transit.
    Last edited by cmb; 25-03-21 at 03:06 AM.

True MemberRank
    Nov 2015 Join Date
    127.0.0.1Location
    232Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cmb View Post
    I've been messing with it the past couple days some, since I've had a few moments to do so. I've been having some issues with linking;

Code:
    ../io/security.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN4GNET7MD5HashC1Ej+0x2c): In function `GNET::MD5Hash::MD5Hash[in-charge](unsigned)':/usr/include/c++/3.3.3/ext/stl_hashtable.h:200: undefined reference to `md5_init_context'

../io/security.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN4GNET8SHA1HashC1Ej+0x2c): In function `GNET::SHA1Hash::SHA1Hash[in-charge](unsigned)':/usr/include/c++/3.3.3/ext/stl_hashtable.h:200: undefined reference to `sha1_init_context'

../io/security.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN4GNET15ARCFourSecurity12SetParameterERKNS_6OctetsE+0x2f): In function `GNET::ARCFourSecurity::SetParameter(GNET::Octets const&)':/usr/include/c++/3.3.3/ext/stl_hashtable.h:498: undefined reference to `rc4_init_context'

../io/security.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN4GNET15ARCFourSecurity6UpdateERNS_6OctetsE+0x2f): In function `GNET::ARCFourSecurity::Update(GNET::Octets&)':/usr/include/c++/3.3.3/ext/stl_hashtable.h:498: undefined reference to `rc4_update'

../io/security.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN4GNET7MD5HashC1Ev+0x29): In function `GNET::MD5Hash::MD5Hash[in-charge]()':/usr/include/c++/3.3.3/bits/vector.tcc:73: undefined reference to `md5_init_context'

../io/security.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN4GNET7MD5Hash6UpdateERNS_6OctetsE+0x2f): In function `GNET::MD5Hash::Update(GNET::Octets&)':/usr/include/c++/3.3.3/ext/stl_hashtable.h:498: undefined reference to `md5_update'

../io/security.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN4GNET7MD5Hash5FinalERNS_6OctetsE+0x11): In function `GNET::MD5Hash::Final(GNET::Octets&)':/usr/include/c++/3.3.3/bits/vector.tcc:312: undefined reference to `md5_final'

../io/security.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN4GNET8SHA1Hash6UpdateERNS_6OctetsE+0x2f): In function `GNET::SHA1Hash::Update(GNET::Octets&)':/usr/include/c++/3.3.3/ext/stl_hashtable.h:498: undefined reference to `sha1_update'

../io/security.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN4GNET8SHA1Hash5FinalERNS_6OctetsE+0x11): In function `GNET::SHA1Hash::Final(GNET::Octets&)':/usr/include/c++/3.3.3/bits/vector.tcc:312: undefined reference to `sha1_final'

../io/security.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN4GNET7MD5Hash6DigestERKNS_6OctetsE+0x30): In function `GNET::MD5Hash::Digest(GNET::Octets const&)':/usr/include/c++/3.3.3/bits/stl_algo.h:2793: undefined reference to `md5_digest'

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    This was trying to build gdeliveryd, I fixed this issue before with PWI I am pretty sure, but that was some time ago, I'm trying to remember what I did again haha. I am not having issues with cpp compilation, double check your line endings sometimes they can get screwed up in transit.
    I'm told the GS source has alot of code in it from fw2 making it too broken to be useful. At this point i'm considering going back to my retirement from FW.

- - - Updated - - -

all the issues i'm having with wnet: https://imgur.com/a/2GQrTby

MemberRank
    Oct 2020 Join Date
    FWLocation
    23Posts

There are a lot of issues with v253 as well. Nevertheless, I am quite happy with it. As long as we have the source code for the versions we want, we can eventually make our dreams come true!
    FW1 rocks!
    Arcgames ruined FW because of their Greed and Stupidy.

DeveloperRank
    Mar 2007 Join Date
    978Posts

I'm stupid and forgot to build libperf.a, after building that my linking problems went away. gdeliveryd, gamedbd, glinkd, unamed, and logservice built fine, gacd, and gqueryd had errors. gacd has a missing file issue, and gqueryd has some syntax issue. Gonna try the gs now, will update this post with my results.

gs has some issues, initially seems to be with the god system, will work on fixing it over the next couple days.

v253 seems to be more broken than v260, so I am going to focus on v260 for the time being, then will move to v253, then v297, and finally v305/v306

UPDATE: Still working on v260, it is in a messier state than previously thought.
    Last edited by cmb; 01-04-21 at 08:43 PM.

Gold SubscriberRank
    Oct 2007 Join Date
    EuropeLocation
    210Posts

a few tips:

make sure all source code is in unix formatting:

Code:
    #!/bin/bash

find . -name "*.h" -exec dos2unix {} \;
    find . -name "*.hpp" -exec dos2unix {} \;
    find . -name "*.hxx" -exec dos2unix {} \;

find . -name "*.cpp" -exec dos2unix {} \;
    find . -name "*.cxx" -exec dos2unix {} \;
    find . -name "Makefile" -exec dos2unix {} \;
    second, paths inside of Rules.make -- correct so they reflect your own pathes.

third: please see attached scripts for understanding how to correctly build wnet.

I wish you a success =)

-Fyyre
    Attached Files Attached Files

True MemberRank
    Nov 2015 Join Date
    127.0.0.1Location
    232Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyyre View Post
    a few tips:

make sure all source code is in unix formatting:

Code:
    #!/bin/bash

find . -name "*.h" -exec dos2unix {} \;
    find . -name "*.hpp" -exec dos2unix {} \;
    find . -name "*.hxx" -exec dos2unix {} \;

find . -name "*.cpp" -exec dos2unix {} \;
    find . -name "*.cxx" -exec dos2unix {} \;
    find . -name "Makefile" -exec dos2unix {} \;
    second, paths inside of Rules.make -- correct so they reflect your own pathes.

third: please see attached scripts for understanding how to correctly build wnet.

I wish you a success =)

-Fyyre
    thank you fyyre, and for the 260 wgame it seems thats from a newer version like 280 or something, it has stuff in there for the god system, etc

DeveloperRank
    Mar 2007 Join Date
    978Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Milos View Post
    thank you fyyre, and for the 260 wgame it seems thats from a newer version like 280 or something, it has stuff in there for the god system, etc
    I'm not very familiar with FW, is the god system not something that should exist in v260? Cause I've been working on fixing it, and if it's something that shouldn't even belong it would be a lot easier to just rip it out.

True MemberRank
    Nov 2015 Join Date
    127.0.0.1Location
    232Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cmb View Post
    I'm not very familiar with FW, is the god system not something that should exist in v260? Cause I've been working on fixing it, and if it's something that shouldn't even belong it would be a lot easier to just rip it out.
    one of the FW2 expansions added it, i don't recall if it was in freedom falls or not but i do recall vengeance having it.

MemberRank
    Jul 2016 Join Date
    32Posts

Is this what you're talking about? https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/fo...oteosis-system If so, then freedom falls.

Gold SubscriberRank
    Oct 2007 Join Date
    EuropeLocation
    210Posts

Really? Ugh, that sucks. I will upload a present for all of you later today then.

True MemberRank
    Nov 2015 Join Date
    127.0.0.1Location
    232Posts

Really? Ugh, that sucks. I will upload a present for all of you later today then.
    please tell me it's 262

MemberRank
    Oct 2020 Join Date
    FWLocation
    23Posts

please tell me it's 262
    It's a surprise Mirara
    Arcgames ruined FW because of their Greed and Stupidy.

Gold SubscriberRank
    Oct 2007 Join Date
    EuropeLocation
    210Posts

v262, correct... Yesterday I busy, not have time to upload.

Being late is not lying. Someone having trouble compiling code, they think I break it out of malice? Again sad, I not have time for such silliness... and no desire to waste time of others.

Therefore if the community still wants v262 (client, server, basedata). I ask three simple questions:

What will you do with v262? How will it inspire you? What originally and fresh ideas will you manifest using this version?

Sincerely,

Fyyre

please tell me it's 262 :drool:

True MemberRank
    Nov 2015 Join Date
    127.0.0.1Location
    232Posts

v262, correct... Yesterday I busy, not have time to upload.

Being late is not lying. Someone having trouble compiling code, they think I break it out of malice? Again sad, I not have time for such silliness... and no desire to waste time of others.

Therefore if the community still wants v262 (client, server, basedata). I ask three simple questions:

What will you do with v262? How will it inspire you? What originally and fresh ideas will you manifest using this version?

Sincerely,

Fyyre
    Well for me having a fully working 262 with all sources would motivate me to learn how to code, which could help me advance in real life as well. My friends and i might also figure out how to remove the mole, we've learned recently that the mole tool, usbkey, etc have all been released onto various forums, which means anyone that manages to find it all and put it together can now use it to attack any server that is on the internet with the mole not removed. If this is not enough reason for me to have it then i guess i don't deserve it and will continue on playing on my PW server that i also do not have source for and thus will never connect to the internet for the same reason.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Advertisement