Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Shutting down server v260 (database is not saved)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I noticed a problem, when the server shuts down, the database is not saved correctly, the newly created characters disappear, the inventory of existing characters is rolled back, but the progress of quests is saved.
How to shut down the server correctly with normal database saving? I am using the standard Milos server build for VMware. The stop script tried to use the standard and from the 496 server (with sleeps).

Shh, quiet, you might piss somebody off
Developer
Reaction score
not sure if forsaken world has this function or maybe it is inside the iweb panel, in GM Console you have function to put server in maintance, use it to shutdown the server, once gameserver is finished, leave gamedbd online for something like 8 minutes before kill it too, roles should be properly saved.
if there's no option to shutdown server from GM Console, use iweb, probably you will find it with a timer like 300 secs to shutdown, same steps then to proceed to kill the gamedbd process.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I noticed a problem, when the server shuts down, the database is not saved correctly, the newly created characters disappear, the inventory of existing characters is rolled back, but the progress of quests is saved.
How to shut down the server correctly with normal database saving? I am using the standard Milos server build for VMware. The stop script tried to use the standard and from the 496 server (with sleeps).

are you using the stop.sh or going straight to kill_force.sh? if using stop.sh on the vm i provided make sure psmisc is installed, it's possible i forgot to install it, but that package provides the killall command which gives the program a chance to save and close itself gracefully before killing it. if that is not installed it will print out command not found errors in the terminal and will move on to using the kill or pkill command to forcefully close it which will always result in a small rollback.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Volabar - Shutting down server v260 (database is not saved) - RaGEZONE Forums

I use stop.sh. I've tried shutting down the server using the iweb, after a few minutes using the stop.sh in console, but nothing changes.

when restarting on server 496, sometimes there are small rollbacks, but the database is saved correctly. At 260, for example, on the starting character after the restart, a gift from a prayer is rolled back. I get an already read book because I read it before restarting.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You can use the GM console countdown to restart the server, which is a safe maintenance and will not cause rollback. Or you can restart the server a few minutes after the role is offline, which will trigger the role information saving

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
This first accounts is used by DB. Try create another account and try in another character

Upvote 0
Back