Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

v260

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I admit being confused as to why so many are having trouble compiling this verison.

What errors do you receive? How did you configure your build environment? (wnet, share, wgame, Rules.make, iowlib/inc, etc..) ?

Non-updated Fedora Core 2, gcc 3.3.3-7 is a must. Stay with , not update gcc, etc...

Post compile errors here, I not mind helping.

Sincerely,

Fyyre

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
fc2 incorrectly extracts the svn and cvs files, I had to extract them to fc1 it works with given repositories and transfer to fc2 then it turned out to be compiled without errors

Fyyre - v260 - RaGEZONE Forums

explain the zones how to load them correctly and it is possible to load several on 1 server

Безымянный - v260 - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hi Rokky!

fc2 incorrectly extracts the svn and cvs files, I had to extract them to fc1 it works with given repositories and transfer to fc2 then it turned out to be compiled without errors

I admit not know this... yikes! Very happy you make solution! =)

explain the zones how to load them correctly and it is possible to load several on 1 server

Login to different zones with same Authd and Authd database using same server?

Have you try make copy of fwserver folder to fwserver2, and modify gamedbd/gamesys.conf and gdeliveryd/gamesys.conf zoneid?

Next is change all port numbers, e.g. 29400 -> 39400, 29000 -> 39000, 29100 -> 39100, etc?

Or do you mean the realm name not display correctly after login with client, like in Storm of War version?

Sincerely,
-Fyyre

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yes, but I cannot configure the correct operation of 2 servers on the same base. Conflict, according to the database, should the server zones be separate?

on one machine I run 2 servers port = 29000, 39000the zones are different, but I need the base to be one and the entrance from one client, but under 1912, 1913 as an example, you still need 2 different registrations how to do under one?

why not share 834 I know you have ...

I would like to get a source of new skills, since those that you shared are not complete ...

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have tried to compile v297 from shenmo.7z
It was easy to get skills from wskill_gen.2015-12-04.I'm a bit worried about having wrong wskill for v297.Anyway,it's not like I even have awakening server files.

I couldn't compile in v297 though:
-gacd
-qtoplist
-gauthd
I did v297 as a learning material.I want to move on to v253/v260

Someone has managed to figure out how to extract the skills source in SQL format?
I guess you're supposed to somehow install MySQL and use it in Fedora Core 2?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
For v253:
1)wnet:
->I didn't even try to compile gacd & gauthd
->gqueryd is very unstable and fails to compile for no reason and gives the following errors using mknow script:
Code:
[COLOR=#0E101A]./can_auction_gen.sh  exptypes.h > can_auction.h[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0E101A]awk: ./can_auction_gen.sh:2: BEGIN { in_struct = 0; }[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0E101A]awk: ./can_auction_gen.sh:2:                         ^ invalid char '[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0E101A]' in expression[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0E101A]make: *** [can_auction.h] Error 1[/COLOR]
Ironically when I try to compile manually without using mknow script, It compiles if I do it enough times through linux command.
->I compiled toplist but I feel there is an issue with it.
->unamed needs to be renamed uniquenamed in some cases.
->gamedbd.wdb needs to be renamed into gamedbd.
--->Overall wnet folder is kinda easy to fix:
2)wskill:
->I haven't figured out how to extract the skills source from SQL.
->I heard that weditor is needed to extract the sql.I haven't figured it out.
3)wgame
->I had to put the original libskill.so into wgame/gs to compile gs.
->As for wgame the original files from the gs seems to be broken.
Luckily @Fyyre put the fix in wgame.
That's why you can find files in wgame that are supposed to be in the gs in Dysil server source.

just need to move them from wgame to gs!

*This is the archive for v253 that contains compileable wnet and wgame(Mole isn't removed):

*I managed to change the binaries and I entered the game.

Note: I will move on to v260 server source after this.

I have noticed there are 2 toplist in:
server-fw/toplist (714ko)
server-fw/gamed (15.9mb)
->It's kinda confusing.
Shouldn't we compile like 2 different toplist?
It seems we are missing the sourcecode of the 2nd toplist.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back