Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Luna classic "Client have been changed" error

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello!! ^^ So, I want to launch classic luna,I already have my server running but I can't log in, because "client have been changed" error appears, I tried with different launchers from this amazing forum, but had no success. Why does this happen? Thanks for reading.

Clientverinfo.ver
Mhverinfo.ver
Lunaverinfo.ver
LMLV0812501
Same version for all of them.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi Riot, same problem overhere. I use the malaysia client dropped in this thread --: [Guide] How to Set-Up A Luna Online Server - RaGEZONE - MMO development community . this is the only one that has been work for me trough the login step and then ''clients have been changed'' window appear before inminent close of the EXE.

i try multiple clients with them properly configurations and someone crash when execute and the others apparently do nothing.
My question is; ¿is this a database error? ¿a client error? (cause the server seems to be ok) ¿the only way for a classic offline/private is trough compile method? The Thai version's posted in this forum does not seem to be available anymore.

Sorry if i'm wrong when i write; because i am from Argentina.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: Luna classic "Client have been changed" error

the Clientverinfo.ver HAS to match the version hard coded into the client, if they don't you get the "client files have been changed" error, are you using a client that you compiled from the source code? if not you have to hex edit the client itself, but what client are you trying? because the different client releases on the forums here have different client versions.

Keit and Lazymimi I did not think of this before, but if you are using the official clients, they may use a anti-hack system like gameguard or hackshield, if that is the case when you change the bin files the system will detect that the bin files have been changed from their original bin files and that will cause the client to close and tell you that the files have been changed.

If you two will take a screenshot of the exact error or errors and upload it to this thread it will give me (or anyone else) a better understanding of the issue.

in the meantime I will look into getting a classic server running and see what I can figure out. I can also attempt to compile the classic source code and see if I can get a working set of files for you guys to use.

(Edit) ok that was weird, I am guessing a mod may of done it or some type of plugin on the forums is responsible but my original reply to Lazymimi got combined with my reply to Keit and moved to post #3

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: Luna classic "Client have been changed" error

Keit and Lazymimi I did not think of this before, but if you are using the official clients, they may use a anti-hack system like gameguard or hackshield, if that is the case when you change the bin files the system will detect that the bin files have been changed from their original bin files and that will cause the client to close and tell you that the files have been changed.

If you two will take a screenshot of the exact error or errors and upload it to this thread it will give me (or anyone else) a better understanding of the issue.

in the meantime I will look into getting a classic server running and see what I can figure out. I can also attempt to compile the classic source code and see if I can get a working set of files for you guys to use.

(Edit) ok that was weird, I am guessing a mod may of done it or some type of plugin on the forums is responsible but my original reply to Lazymimi got combined with my reply to Keit and moved to post #3

First of all I want to thank you for the attention provided.

As you will see in the image, you can see not only the error poster.
But also that the server is online, both the Agent and the Distribute within the ServerTool.
It even seems that the client is detected natively since the Server detects 1 user trying to log in.
I have tried to change the user level from the DB Member Log, from 1 to level 6. Nothing changes.
ITO

Last edited:
Back