Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

an error occurred while reading the file list pangya

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Please anyone can help me how to fix this? i already follow all guide and post here but i cant fix it. thanks

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
this is normal do you have the updatelist file in your web manager?

because you need it because your progectG looks for this file to launch the game if it does not launch it gives you this error

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello, thanks for the replay.

I've got the file in a S4_Patch folder in my Apache Server.

Since it's an error while "reading" and not "receiving" like some other threads, I guess there is a problem with the file itself rather than the path?

I'm a using a different guide than the one on this forum, because links are dead :(

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
is there any solution for this? tried to host in my own pc & vps, still got the same "reading" error

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi all. I have the same problem. I followed Seddi's advice from the thread luke72397 posted, but I think I screwed it up. I still get the same "an error occurred while reading the file list".

1681507292823 - an error occurred while reading the file list pangya - RaGEZONE Forums

I have multiple gamerage urls inside my ProjectG I tried updating the one that mentioned updatelist to what Seddi did below, but no dice. I have a little experience with hex editing and almost no experience with SQL, so I think I screwed up. My updatelist is in the www folder of My SQL Workbench, and since the error says it has a problem with reading the file list, it makes me wonder if it's the updatelist itself that's corrupted?

Would anyone mind giving me some pointers? I can upload my ProjectG if it helps.

Oh, I followed this guide when creating my personal server.

Seems like there was still an old gamerage url active which is no more reachable since today. If you look inside the projectg with a hex editor you will find "/new/Service/S4_Patch/updatelist". Directly after this you will find the url which causes this error: " "
You should change this to something which will point to your updatelist (S4_Patch/updatelist). I copied and renamend the updatelist into my webroot to get a short url. So I copied the updatelist into the root as "updl" and changed the url " " to " " and my client worked again.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you so much for replying!!

Pangya Version: I'm not sure. It's Fresh Up. The tutorial I followed linked to the following: Global Debug Pangya Server (2017-05-27)
The ProjectG is named ProjectG5161 . I followed the tutorial to the T, but the tutorial never covered the issue with the ' " url that Seddi mentioned.

I'm using WampServer.

I don't know if it helps, but I checked the url to see if it was actually connecting.

Works

Unable to connect

I tried using my internal IP and the same thing happened. Without the 8090 port on the end it can't connect.
I updated ' ' to ' ' and the same error.
For both of these, typing them into the browser downloads the updl file.

Would it help to attach my current edited ProjectG?

Thank you again for your help. I really appreciate it!

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you so much for replying!!

Pangya Version: I'm not sure. It's Fresh Up. The tutorial I followed linked to the following: Global Debug Pangya Server (2017-05-27)
The ProjectG is named ProjectG5161 . I followed the tutorial to the T, but the tutorial never covered the issue with the ' " url that Seddi mentioned.

I'm using WampServer.

I don't know if it helps, but I checked the url to see if it was actually connecting.

Works

Unable to connect

I tried using my internal IP and the same thing happened. Without the 8090 port on the end it can't connect.
For both of these, typing them into the browser downloads the updl file.

Would it help to attach my current edited ProjectG?

Thank you again for your help. I really appreciate it!

You can use this ProjectG, it doesn't need any url modifications, it just works, it's already edited for local testing (127.0.0.1) You have to use the reg file included to register the version tho. Feel free to open it with a text editor to see what it adds to the registry.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You can use this ProjectG, it doesn't need any url modifications, it just works, it's already edited for local testing (127.0.0.1) You have to use the reg file included to register the version tho. Feel free to open it with a text editor to see what it adds to the registry.

Thank you so much! I get a new error now though 'string load failed'. But the other error is finally gone! I'm looking into threads with this error now. But, if you have any advice for this error, I'd appreciate it! I also added the reg file to my registry.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Are you using the 851 US client from the downloads section? This one

That error I think is caused by the Read.aspx in the ProjectG, I guess you need to point that one to your local Read.aspx as explained in that video tutorial (using an hex editor), around minute 17, also make sure the build number in your server files is 851, and maybe using this tool called rugburn could help as well. Just read the instructions and see if you can make it work that way. There's a read.aspx in that google drive repository as well.

EDIT: Also, I just noticed, the ProjectG I posted earlier, is pointing to Read.html not Read.aspx, so maybe that's the problem. Just change the extension of your Read.aspx to Read.html and see if that works for you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back