Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Discussion] Making Client 1080p A3 Mania

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,

I have just noticed A3 Mania has released a new client and the updater which supports v-sync and 1080p resolution which make in-game fonts clearer overall making appearance nicer.

please read following posts for more information,

I have tried to use their client in my home server, I was not able to take advantage of 1080p if I remove the restriction using prologs guide, http://forum.ragezone.com/f488/a3client-exe-stand-910571/

so, I assumed that the client must be launched with some parameters with the help of updater, can anyone tell me how to take advantage of this 1080p in-home server?

Finally, I would like to congratulate A3 Mania for doing such work.

Thanks folks.

Reaction score
Hello,

I have just noticed A3 Mania has released a new client and the updater which supports v-sync and 1080p resolution which make in-game fonts clearer overall making appearance nicer.

please read following posts for more information,

I have tried to use their client in my home server, I was not able to take advantage of 1080p if I remove the restriction using prologs guide, http://forum.ragezone.com/f488/a3client-exe-stand-910571/

so, I assumed that the client must be launched with some parameters with the help of updater, can anyone tell me how to take advantage of this 1080p in-home server?

Finally, I would like to congratulate A3 Mania for doing such work.

Thanks folks.

You won't be able to use Mania client in your private server because Mania uses a different encryption key. The launch parameter is same as every other client as I could launch mania client using my old a3 launcher.

A DLL is embedded in the client itself which does the following work in my opinion

* Override some of the directx function calls to make it compatible with higher resolutions.
* Scan for debuggers, trainers and cheat engine etc. using hardcoded window names as well as process names and close the client if found (basic anti-cheat).
* Start the client as protected process to avoid any sort of code injection (DLL injection, attaching debugger etc) to the process.
* Facilitate starting of multiple instances of the client without the use of Sandboxie like software.
* Send crash reports to Mania web server with all system info like PC name, drive info etc.

To make sure client looks good on higher resolutions some of the dds assets inside TDB files also have been updated (probably with better resolution files).

Using PE-Sieve ( ) I was able to extract the DLL from older client version which I have uploaded here . If you can figure out how to use this DLL with your A3Client then maybe you might be able to achieve better resolution just like Mania.

All the above information is mostly guesses after doing a simple preliminary analysis of Mania client and hence it might not be 100% accurate.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you are not serious about playing games alone, try this method with original A3Client.exe.
Untitled - [Discussion] Making Client 1080p A3 Mania - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back