Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Optimizing 4Story Gameplay on Windows 10

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello Ragezone Community,

in the last few weeks a friend and me tried to fix one of the biggest problems in the 4Story Scene, yes Windows10 lags...
You need to delete the SOFTWAREVERTEX stuff. And replace everything with HARDWAREVERTEX stuff.
I managed to get ingame but there is one problem and that you see here:

I tried alot, but i didnt found out what the problem was. If you have any idea please let me know.

See you and have a great day.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
wanna know the weirdest thing? it seems like i am the only person that can play any server without any problems and im on the latest windows version. everyone has lags on 1903 but i dont. ??????

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It depends which Graphic Card you have. But sorry, this has nothing todo with the topic.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Its not that easy, you need to change Softwarevertexprocessing to Hardware, that means you need to fix the shaders because they are needed for the Hardwarestuff. And other stuff, overall its not easy to fix that problem.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am interested in studying a little about this, could you give me a starting point to start, for example which folders and which files should I make this change? thank you guys

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
it ok since 20 years ive posted it, but your words remind me a community ... :)
i don't need help anymore, i already have what i want by my own.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
it ok since 20 years ive posted it, but your words remind me a community ... :)
i don't need help anymore, i already have what i want by my own.

What does that have to do with the community? I just wrote that nobody will release the fix.It's nice that you have everything you need, I also have everything I need :)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Found out the same problem, it is a problem with the bones and how the animations are done, have not found the fix to it yet. Started to work on own shaders in hlsl, but dont know what will happen until I understand how it really works.

PD: Looks like the real problem is with bones quantity, SoftwareVertexProcessing can use unlimited constants, but Hardware has a limit of 256, and since there are models with more than 100 bones, we need more than 400 constants... That not fit in 256..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back