Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

New Release: 4Story Source Version 5.0 with Improved Security

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ME too but..

U can found on TMapSvr.cpp

while(bContinue) { DWORD dwResult = pSession->CheckMessage(); WORD wMsgID = pSession->m_Recv.GetID(); if(pSession) { if(pSession->m_bSessionType == SESSION_CLIENT) { CTPlayer *pPlayer = (CTPlayer *) pSession; if(pPlayer->m_bLock && wMsgID != CS_CONNECT_REQ && wMsgID != CS_KICKOUT_REQ) { LogSmartly("Player locked, can't send any another stuff."); //m_pDebugSocket->LogNonVaildPacket(inet_ntoa(pPlayer->m_addr.sin_addr), wMsgID); dwResult = PACKET_INVALID; } } }

So fun xD

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
ME too but..

U can found on TMapSvr.cpp

while(bContinue) { DWORD dwResult = pSession->CheckMessage(); WORD wMsgID = pSession->m_Recv.GetID(); if(pSession) { if(pSession->m_bSessionType == SESSION_CLIENT) { CTPlayer *pPlayer = (CTPlayer *) pSession; if(pPlayer->m_bLock && wMsgID != CS_CONNECT_REQ && wMsgID != CS_KICKOUT_REQ) { LogSmartly("Player locked, can't send any another stuff."); //m_pDebugSocket->LogNonVaildPacket(inet_ntoa(pPlayer->m_addr.sin_addr), wMsgID); dwResult = PACKET_INVALID; } } }

So fun xD

Bro, this is your error:
"pPlayer->m_bLock"

Check why your CTPlayer is locked !

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
where do i find theses i need to start tem and reg them to services but wont start i did everything only thing left is to start thoses
MRMASTERMIND - New Release: 4Story Source Version 5.0 with Improved Security - RaGEZONE Forums
MRMASTERMIND - New Release: 4Story Source Version 5.0 with Improved Security - RaGEZONE Forums
(TBOW_GSP SETUP ,TBR_GSP SETUP AND ALL THE REST WONT SET UP I GET ERROR

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
IS THERE ANY VIDEO SHOWING HOW TO GET ALL THIS GOING i installed every thing thats needed i followed this video but ended up in a problem int he reg/install services folder none of the instal setup work how do i get it to work thats the only thig keeping me back i did everything else in the video

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
IS THERE ANY VIDEO SHOWING HOW TO GET ALL THIS GOING i installed every thing thats needed i followed this video but ended up in a problem int he reg/install services folder none of the instal setup work how do i get it to work thats the only thig keeping me back i did everything else in the video

Hello ! :D What is your error ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
this error

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
TServices_GSP path is incorrect. Just take c:/
And try again

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
so u saying put the contents of the service folder of the c:\ all of it are shortcuts with no fdile to direct it to

there is no GSP files to like the shortcuts to do u all have the gsp files i dont see it in the downloadfiles

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Is this code running every time the system encrypts a packet without checking if the file exists already? I commented it out, looked bad to me. This would eat a SSD in very little time. SSD has a P/E life of around 100,000 writes.

"TachyonSession.cpp"

CString strFILE;
strFILE.Format("LOL.txt");
CStdioFile file;
if (file.Open(strFILE, CStdioFile::typeText | CStdioFile::modeCreate | CStdioFile::modeWrite))
{
CString strMsg;
strMsg.Format(g_strSecretKey);
file.WriteString(strMsg);
file.Close();
}

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
WTF is this code x)

They copied a routine from another place in code that writes to a virtual file and used it to write to the physical hard drive EVERY TIME A PACKET WAS SENT without checking to see if the file already existed or was up-to-date. It's what happens when you have no idea what is actually going on and just copy and paste code to do a job.:biggrin:

Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
Is this code running every time the system encrypts a packet without checking if the file exists already? I commented it out, looked bad to me. This would eat a SSD in very little time. SSD has a P/E life of around 100,000 writes.

That's P/E life of a SLC cell. Most people use MLC SSD these days. It's P/E life is x10 less. 10k.
That code was indeed dangerous.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys Im facing problem with the Services not wanting to acticate or not showing at all when activated. I have tried many version of 4Story and I seem to run into the same problem all the time. Could anybody could give me any advice/help on how to fix this issue? I would greately appriciate any pointer.

Thank you in advance.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Guys, i have a problem.
I compile server project (Release x86) and get TServices files.
Edit tables in TGLOBAL -> TMACHINE, TIPADDR and TGROUP,
Edit reg files, create odbc config.
So far everything is normal.

Now I can't start the service (TCTRL_GSP, TMAP, TWORLD etc.)...
get error 0x8004005 unexpected error. Just starts tlogin service.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Guys, i have a problem.

get error 0x8004005 unexpected error. Just starts tlogin service.[/QUOTE

Look if the ODBC files are correct. For example if you have an 64 Bit or an 32 Bit Windows System.
If it didnt work on 64 Bit odbc try 32 Bit odbc nevertheless.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Guys, i have a problem.

get error 0x8004005 unexpected error. Just starts tlogin service.[/QUOTE

Look if the ODBC files are correct. For example if you have an 64 Bit or an 32 Bit Windows System.
If it didnt work on 64 Bit odbc try 32 Bit odbc nevertheless.

Odbc files are correct, now i can starting my all services except tctrl_gsp :/ this there still have error.

Back