Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

offering to help with BDO

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am new to BDO Development. I am more interested by the reverse engineering part than the game itself.

I have extensive experience in C, C++, Java and C#, with many years of industry experience in the field of software development, bug fixing and network, but never worked on a reverse engineering project before.
Lately I have been having a lot of time in my hands and wanted to do something fun.

I honestly think I can add a significant contribution to this project and do my best to get is stable with minimum bugs.

However, I am not sure, with who to coordinate, where to start, it seems like there is different emulators and different version of the game and I am not sure which one is the one actively being worked on. What can I help with you and things like this?

If someone can get me up to speed, I would be more than happy to help.

Hi Ledie,

I tried to message you but it seems like you exceeded your messages quota and cannot accept more messagesI saw you were very active on BDO dev group. do you think you can get me up to speed with the current development, issues that need to be worked on? I couldn't find any centralized source of information.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I though about the same about a week ago, but for what I've been reading the devs that are taking care of the emulators are more... kind of closed (or at least is what I understood, main language is not english sorry), so I suppose they won't open easily to someone who joined soon the forum (?) not sure

currently Odore is the best/most advanced one, and the source is also on its server emulator zip file.
you can find it(and more about it) here: https://forum.ragezone.com/f1000/release-odore-v1-0-alpha-1178257/

however don't take my words too serious, as I'm not 100% sure of it I've been into this for 2 weeks more and less

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Mate, you 2-3 years late with starting BDO emulator development.
If you are experienced C-dev and want make money on BDO server - buy retail files and do extender for work with latest client version. But even with retail files you got pain in the butt, cause Koreans shuffle all client data and network packet's structure every week.

Almost all emulator-based servers (even updated to latest version) now - it's a fu**ng joke, nothing works as intended and CANT work cause their dev's can only particularly update some bexcel data and packets with unk's.

The only exception is GamezBD devs, because they develop BDO from Korea CBT (almost 8 years) and all emulator servers currently running based on theirs decompile leaked 4 years ago.

So better look around for new, incoming MMO's and start your own emulator - less nerves, better result.

Cheers.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
who said, I want to make money or want to create an emulator?

being a software engineer I enjoy finding bugs and fixing them. plus years ago I did some reverse engineering not related to gaming and I use to find it fun. I just want to do it for the fun of it. for me it's like a puzzle game to solve. I could care less for BDO itself.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I just want to do it for the fun of it. for me it's like a puzzle game to solve. I could care less for BDO itself.

You are a rare kind, but you're also innocent.
I highly recommend you do not proceed and stick with Single player games.
The MMO Dev scene sucks in general, Nothing's good anymore.
Single player games offers more modding community, and offers more people who have a higher IQ in terms of anything development related.
If you're looking for something fun to do, I highly recommend following my advice.
Don't be like me and suffer when I look at low IQ posts, you'll see that effect the more you lurk around here.

Life is beautiful, after
Reaction score
What some said above you can ignore, others you can listen to.

My point of view in the BDO scene is simple, if you stop to look around a bit, you will see that we already had a lot of private servers opening and making money and then closing (This is common), so if you really like the game I recommend you to prepare because that's what they said, BDO is not easy and it will never be easy, I know people with a high knowledge of correcting the game in less than 3 months who simply gave up because it is a bug, a lot of trouble. Regarding the friend above telling you to buy official files, I don't recommend you, I don't think anyone would be crazy enough to give you $ 100,000 + in files.

So this game is hell on earth, because here you will see people who will claim to be your friend to get corrections from you, you will see people who do not know how to fix it but will open a server to profit, you will see people who know how to fix it but will not share, you will see people who know how to correct and will share. The friend above also recommended the ODO Project, but the ODO Project died, do you know why? Because half of this community is self-serving, they don't want to learn to correct, they want correction. I do cool tutorials to help beginners? I do, but, from the point that I see that the person only wants to profit, I stop helping them, and don't go along with these people talking about money, can you make money? It gives and a lot. However, it is not something I recommend from the beginning, I would recommend you to study more about how the game's source code works, how the game itself works

And anyway;

Welcome to the community.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You pretty much are gonna need to work on your own & put your own team together for this game. There are a few people who are working on it for free & public benefit, but the majority of them either do not know what they are doing or barely work on it anymore. Not trying to throw shade, just being honest. There are tons of old resources to look at, most of which are very outdated but still helpful, like the source to some of the old emulator tools. Like most MMO emu scenes, this one is a mess primarily driven by greed. 95% of people still interested in this scene just copy & paste other's work to try & monetize off of it, but generally fail.

My best advice would be to start from scratch. Maybe use the old java emulator as a basic point of reference, but don't base any work off of it. The old java emulator is terribly outdated and riddled with bugs and mistakes, and there is little to no real documentation. Trying to develop it any more is pretty much a waste of time IMO.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hmm, maybe not the best time to start, it's a domain that has been getting kind of old. I'm not a professional by any means in this area, my expertise in another niche completely. The only time I came close to working in relation to this domain has been when I collaborated with for software research and development for my app, but I loved everything they've been working on, it mesmerized me completely and I've been more interested in this area ever since.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
C#

Hello everyone,

I am new to BDO Development. I am more interested by the reverse engineering part than the game itself.

I have extensive experience in C, C++, Java and C#, with many years of industry experience in the field of software development, bug fixing and network, but never worked on a reverse engineering project before.
Lately I have been having a lot of time in my hands and wanted to do something fun.

I honestly think I can add a significant contribution to this project and do my best to get is stable with minimum bugs.

However, I am not sure, with who to coordinate, where to start, it seems like there is different emulators and different version of the game and I am not sure which one is the one actively being worked on. What can I help with you and things like this?

If someone can get me up to speed, I would be more than happy to help.

About using different technologies, including C# in this sphere you could read here:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I know what is reverse engineering. It's very hard and doesn't simple process. It will be very useful to read official documentation and try to testing your skills on practice. Without practice it's unbelievable.

I think that i saw the same problem on this forum 2 days earlier. I'm trying to find link right now and I can feedback you.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Can't delete my own posts here so I simply wiped the content.

Last edited:
Back