Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Writing a tool for BDO Item Data but need some advice

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I have withdrawn this request.
Information no longer needed

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi, now you can't found file bexcel because pearls delete this file from client.
Now they using .bss/.dbss file how table excel but binary system.
Files .bss/.dbss you can find in paz to path "PAZ/gamecommondata/binary"

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Im not sure if you can actually read dbss files tho you can get corsair item list maybe reboot or drakania version if you know some people. Also as Kirito2105 said you cant really get it from paz files. Seems like only way you pull data from bdo codex in this link which is 200+ pages will take long time. Good luck

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That you can only wrap central market item list and item information, icons is stored in client so you probably will get only paths to icons. So this will only return item id and category sub category price values etc. OP asks for all item data so this not really an answer to OP’s ask. I think instead of trying to pull data from client easiest way would be making a bdo codex wrapper. Tho if you can figure oyt how to extract data from client that will be just a lot faster.

Reaction score
it's funny reading posts from people like you who don't know what you are doing.

I mean ... the leaked versions of Corsair, Nova, Sage... (that the retards at dreambd pissed all over the public sphere) - all come with a special DLL that (pro tip: zomg, I coded it!) .... converts the server side excel into dbss/bss ...

so, I don't know what kind of whack nonsense statements such as: "data encoded not easy to crack" .. when I made the client make the crap from scratch.

Granted, no one here will receive an ounce of help from me~

-fyyre

Sadly clients newer than the Archer release have the data encoded in bss and dbss files, which are not so easy to crack. The older releases had a gamedata.bexcel which could be converted and loaded into a spreadsheet.

The tool that @PenguinJoe created does just that - calls bdocodex or bddatabase to get icons and descriptive information. My suggestion wouuld let you get the up-to-the-minute latest information out of the BDO official server without depending on the operators of the bdo database sites to update their information.

Reaction score
Jeez, did somebody piss in your cornflakes this morning?

Good for you. You figured it out. Give yourself a pat on the back. Now go away.

It's one thing to say "you figured it out, no go away".

It's another thing to say that to the person who enabled you lamers to create dbss/bss to start with.

So here is my challenge to you: improve upon the process, and release it. Until you can do something other than parrot instructions or copy and paste from things other people created, keep your mouth shut.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's one thing to say "you figured it out, no go away".

It's another thing to say that to the person who enabled you lamers to create dbss/bss to start with.

So here is my challenge to you: improve upon the process, and release it. Until you can do something other than parrot instructions or copy and paste from things other people created, keep your mouth shut.

Did you have the source codes of these clients or did you work only through the assembler?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Saw fyyre coming back online after a year of inactivity, usually with something to gift. Not this year. Looks like there is nothing more than past glory. Mmorpg is almost dead with all shared sources dated back 5 years at least. Perhaps fyyre should let go of all the remaining sources to complete loko last wish. Young lad being too harsh with the old reverse engineer, forgetting he took on companies infiltrated and brought out almost of the files you can get to download for free on ragezone, maybe you can take on the same journey as he did and bring us something new than fixing something that was already fixed.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I see you have tagged me so i suppose you have something deleted for me. Quite amazed at how long it took you to want to reply something months ago. Just a imo comment but young lad getting triggered to reply and with such aggression of worthless assholes and deleted text lol.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh I see that the scene is still as cutthroat as always, I'm almost nostalgic. Peasants competing with each other for scraps and their 1 minute of glory, before the scene forgets them and craps them out. How many of you remember Vanganth, the guy who wrote the first L2 extender. Anyone? I wonder where we would be, if everyone set their git repos on public, instead of collectively wasting their time decoding data structures inside binary files.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Oh I see that the scene is still as cutthroat as always, I'm almost nostalgic. Peasants competing with each other for scraps and their 1 minute of glory, before the scene forgets them and craps them out. How many of you remember Vanganth, the guy who wrote the first L2 extender. Anyone? I wonder where we would be, if everyone set their git repos on public, instead of collectively wasting their time decoding data structures inside binary files.

I hop around different ragezone sections, I'm mainly interested in whatever game I can run and play solo on my home server for me and my friends.
But it's always funny to get a dose of drama every once in a while even if I don't know the back story lol.

Back