Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

aPACK compression

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi everyone. So I built for an old MMORPG called Archlord. I would like to add an editing feature to it. The map files are compressed and currently I'm using the binary code I got from client to uncompress them. I was told by lastfun that it's compressed using aPACK. However I cannot seem to find a matching implementation of this compression algorithm. The one I've got from the official website is working only for a small part of the file. I'll leave a compressed and uncompressed version of a sample file in the attachments.

If you know of an implementation which works with the files I have or if you know how the algorithm works I would appreciate your help.View attachment map_sample.rar

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
hi)
R345,438_uncompressed.dff - completely and correctly unpacked?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey. Yes I've rendered the contents and it looks correct.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
bro) i forgot that it was about a year ago, but this (*.dff) is not aplib ))) -> header 0x16, 0xE1
or i forgot something really)
p/s/ need debug client and see....

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
All good I'm not in a rush as you might've noticed :)

I couldn't find it but perhaps it's possible that compress function is also somewhere in the client?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Oh my god I actually found the function!!

I searched for a similar signature with original aP_pack from the dll and managed to find it after a few hours. It starts at "alefclient.exe + 0x4526F9"(at least in my version). I've tested it and it works perfectly.

However I got no clue how to extract it as bin code since it's calling a few other functions.

-------------

I just found this version of the library:

It produces a completely different packed file(same size) but somehow when unpacked it gives the same output. I will share the results once I write a complete unpacker/packer and test it.

Last edited:
Back