Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Post count in marketplace section

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hello

I'm at RaGEZONE since 2013, and I never had an issue with creating topic in marketplace scetion, but now...there is this idiotic "post counter" which won't allow You to create a topic in marketplace section if You don't have 100 post.

Now, here is why it is idiotic...

1. I've had a 2 topics in marketplace section since 2013. I was able to create them in 2013 when I had 4 posts on this account.
2. After 5 years of "bump" posts, I've decided to ask moderator to remove the topic with 15 pages of "bump", so I can create a fresh topic. Moderator did that.
3. When moderator deleted my topics, my post counter went down from +120 posts to 24 posts.
4. This way, I wasn't able to create a fresh topics in marketplace section.

Why there is a post counter? I understand You want to prevent from SPAM, BUT...this IS causing SPAM. When I've PM'ed moderator and I have asked him is there any way to skip this counter for me - I'm here since 2013, he said: "No, there is no way I can do that for You". So I've replied: "So the only way I can re-create my topics is to SPAM msg over the forum, so I can get 100 post". He replied: "Yes, You need to SPAM msg's. No other way".

WTF?

Anyway, I've started to post shity msg's - as moderator adivced me, but then I got banned for 2 weeks for SPAM :rolleyes:

Guys, idk who the hell created this 100 post counter on marketplace section, but it is NOT preventing SPAM, it is causing it and even Your moderators admits that, but then users got BAN, lol. Your system is idiotic, but here is a simple solution.

You want to prevent SPAM of topics and create this (fake) idea of safetiness in marketplace section? Make it so users can't create new topics in marketplace section NOT by post counter, but by account creation date - like users need to be on RaGEZONE for at least 2 weeks or 1 month or so - whatever...

1. You don't get SPAM poop msg's on forum just so users can get 100 post, lol.
2. Only users who really want to be on this forum - has account for a proper period of time, will be allowed to create topics in marketplace section.

I'm here since 2013. I wanted to get a clear topic in marketplace section, but I can't, lol. So who You want me to be? A SPAMMER or old time user?

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
We do not promote spamming across the forums in order to get to the required post count and the moderator that told you this has given you incorrect information. However, it is your responsibility to read and comply with the forums rules, it is your fault you got banned and not the moderators. So please make sure you re-read the forum rules so this doesn't happen in the future.

The point of having 100 posts isn't because we want to prevent spam in the marketplace. It is to stop the amount of scammer coming in and creating topics that could mislead users and end up in the end user losing money. Doing it by account creation date isn't effective as it is hard to determine how long the account creation date should be and also scammers can just create an account and leave it for that amount of time.

By having the required post count, it only allows more dedicated members of the forum to use the marketplace forum and allows for people to create a reputation on RaGEZONE before selling so other people are more likely to trust them.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I guess, You still belive if You repeat a lie for 100 times, at 101 it will slowly turn itself into truth...
READ THIS...CERFULY...ONE MORE TIME PLEASE:

You want to prevent SPAM of topics and create this (fake) idea of safetiness in marketplace section? Make it so users can't create new topics in marketplace section NOT by post counter, but by account creation date - like users need to be on RaGEZONE for at least 2 weeks or 1 month or so - whatever...

1. You don't get SPAM poop msg's on forum just so users can get 100 post, lol.
2. Only users who really want to be on this forum - has account for a proper period of time, will be allowed to create topics in marketplace section.

You don't want scammers on Your forum? Tell me which thing would scammer rather do to post a topic?

A. SPAM 100 shity mgs on Your precious forum in less than 1h...
OR...
B. Wait 1 month till his account will be unlocked for posting?

I will give You few moments to think about that...

EDIT:
Oh, one more thing - too bad I had to clear my inbox because it was full of msg's so I could show You the actual msg I've got from one of Your mods where she ADVICED me to spam on forum just so I can get back to 100 posts...
You are really closing Your eyes hoping to denied the reality...Like 3 y.o.

Last edited:
Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
It is very easy for us to determine when someone is spamming the forums and deal with them effectively before any harm is done and we haven't had a problem with this since I have been a moderator on the forums. However it is much harder to find out if they are just creating an account to scam. Therefore we use a post count limiter on the marketplace forum.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What? :D

1. The harm is beeing done at the same time someone post a fist spam msg on Your forum - this is the harmful way already.
2. No one...NOT A SINGLE PERSON will wait 1 month to post a single topic which can be deleted right away. But scammer would love to poop post a 100 msg's on Your forum just so he can post his topic in next 1h (or less).

Now, tell me, which method works the best?

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
The method we have used for many years has worked effectively and we haven't found any scammer posting 100 messages across our forums to be able to post in the marketplace forum.

You are missing the point, it is about creating a reputation on the forums and only allow dedicated members of RaGEZONE to use it. The marketplace isn't the main focus on RaGEZONE and we only allow a limited amount of selling and buying on the forums as we are primiarly a free resource for users to use. Therefore, we have a 100 post count limit so only dedicated members can use it, as a benefit as such for being dedicated.

Thank you for your suggestion and we will keep this in mind for the future. However, at the current time, we will not be changing the way we handle the requirement to post in the marketplace.

Last edited:
Inactive
Reaction score
I agree with both sides of the argument.

Perhaps maybe implementing a days since registered requirement and lowering post count req to work hand in hand with each other would be another way to handle this? I don't think this is possible though in vB unless you pay someone to code an addon though. Just a thought.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
I agree with both sides of the argument.

Perhaps maybe implementing a days since registered requirement and lowering post count req to work hand in hand with each other would be another way to handle this? I don't think this is possible though in vB unless you pay someone to code an addon though. Just a thought.

This would be a better solution in an ideal world, however, it isn't possible to my knowledge with the current software and I don't believe it would be worth the cost to get someone to code a function that would do such.

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
I think that's a terrible suggestion and I strongly disagree with it.

From moderating experience in the Free MMO section, I can definitely say that the account creation date says nothing about the credibility nor real join date of a user. It's daily business in the Free MMO section that accounts more than 10 years old make their first post and it's a full blown advertisement of a server they claim to be running.

Sadly, it makes the impression that a lot of old accounts are getting hacked, but even if they aren't, I don't trust someone joined in 2003 with 0 posts more than someone joined a few weeks ago who has 100+ posts. For the latter, I can make up my mind about him looking through his post history and like-to-post-ratio / reputation to judge whether or not he's trustworthy. For someone with 0 posts, I can't, I don't even know if he ever used the forum.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
The post requirements are being enforced since 2010. I'm actively moderating that section since approximately 2013. It is an extremely important rule due to various reasons as Shoelace and Future stated. It has saved a lot of RaGEZONE users and potential drama.

May you have posted in that section with a post count below 100, it could be due to the following three reasons:
- You were subscribed to the forum
- Mucski or I (who were in charge of that section) made a mistake and didn't see your post count
- MentaL felt like being really nice, so he approved your posts. However, I still usually delete them after =)

We don't want people to randomly register on RZ and create a thread in the Merchant Zone. It's not our "core business", it's an extra service for our loyal users. If you are only visiting this forum to post in the Merchant Zone to make money, then you've got the wrong intention of visiting us and you shouldn't be here.

In case it wasn't clear - the rule is not going to change.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm not asking about Your "core business", I was talking about NOT executing Your own law :) At first page of Your marketplace section there were 5 topics already which authors didn't had 100 post counter.

I don't care if this was a mistake or courtesy - they were there, so You didn't executed Your own law, or at least You didn't executed it same way for ALL users. Now, after 10 msg's to Shoelace he finally did his job and removed this topics. Great, threat all users the same way please.

Now, about the 100 post counter. You are telling everyone it for safetiness - maybe, but it only bring You spam, because ppl want to generate 100 posts. Thats all.

IMHO, account registration date (min. 1 month) would be much, much better. But if You say it won't be changed then...GG.

I will copy this post in case it will be deleted :D

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not asking about Your "core business", I was talking about NOT executing Your own law :) At first page of Your marketplace section there were 5 topics already which authors didn't had 100 post counter.

I don't care if this was a mistake or courtesy - they were there, so You didn't executed Your own law, or at least You didn't executed it same way for ALL users. Now, after 10 msg's to Shoelace he finally did his job and removed this topics. Great, threat all users the same way please.

Now, about the 100 post counter. You are telling everyone it for safetiness - maybe, but it only bring You spam, because ppl want to generate 100 posts. Thats all.

IMHO, account registration date (min. 1 month) would be much, much better. But if You say it won't be changed then...GG.

I will copy this post in case it will be deleted :D
Sometimes threads slip through our filter and we deal with these accordingly when we are notified of such.

These topics were removed as soon as they were reported however you didn't have the capabilities to check the results of the reports and assumed that they were still open to the public eye. Please in future use the report button for offending posts/topics. If you believe they haven't been dealt with,contact a member of staff, but at least have the smarts to check before you contact them because it just looks stupid on you when the staff member looks and they have all been dealt with accordingly.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
At the bottom of the section you can find the moderators who are responsible for that section. If you find posts/threads which should have been removed, either use the "report" button or send us a PM. In this case, sending a PM would draw our attention a lot quicker.

jcGZuRS.png

We try to "execute our own law" as good as possible, but we sometimes make mistakes. Unfortunately that happens, we're all doing this in our free time while having fulltime jobs. We are always open for feedback and criticism. So, thank you for bringing the issue to our attention. We will try to enforce the rule more strictly.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
I know this isn't my business anymore but those were posted when the user had a subscription, most users buy a 1 month subscription to post there and then the post remains when it expires. It didn't just "Slip through"

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've had my topic too and I wasn't a subscriber. There is only one subscriber topic in marketplace section (Coolness or whats his name).
My point is - if the 100 post counter is the definition of "trusted user" for someone, then they should execute this from EVERONE, otherwise, ppl who have topics in market place section without 100 posts are trusted because they have accounts since few years now? If yes, I have account since few years now, why I should have 100 posts then?
Do You see my point? They should execture theirs own laws here, otherwise it's just stupid. And subscirbers are ok - evern with less than 100 ports, so...No point of bringing that up.

Reaction score
I meant they bought a subscription, posted their topics, their subscription expired, you see them having their topics up with less than 100 posts, but they posted it with buying a sub. The rules say "100 post count or a subscription to post", now nowere does it say you have to keep your subscription to keep your thread, and that would be pretty bad to ask people to keep their sub to keep their thread. After all they already paid to get it approved.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ok, thats clear - I (as mortal user) don't have an option to check if the user WAS a sub, but do mods have this option? I mean, in some kind of "hisotry" of an account? If yes, problem solved. If someone WAS a sub, nothing happens. If he NEVER WAS, topic should be removed.

Thank You for this infos and conversation.

S

safracatz

I just joined and am attempting to post something in the classifieds section, but the way is not letting me. How can I fix this? Also, who should I contact for business partnership affairs with this site?

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
I just joined and am attempting to post something in the classifieds section, but the way is not letting me. How can I fix this? Also, who should I contact for business partnership affairs with this site?

We don't have a "classified" section however if you mean the marketplace, then you need to hit the required post count to post.

Contact MentaL for business enquiries

Back