Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Need help Reverse engineering game king of kings 3

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So their is this game called king of kings 3 servers where shut down a while ago only game files are left i am wondering what would be needed to start a private server for this game only with game files. A chinese version of the game is still up and going but alot of things have changed still maybe would be more easy to get a private server running from the chinese version and then convert it to english since they are the only ones who have a running server of the game.

All knowledge/help would be appreciated.

link to chinese version of game :

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It was a long time since I looked at this game, I gave up on it since the server was leaked, but in what I remember you can easily backtrace from the send method to the encryption, which is a XOR. Also the client on connection receives from the server the seed key before sending login details.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
It was a long time since I looked at this game, I gave up on it since the server was leaked, but in what I remember you can easily backtrace from the send method to the encryption, which is a XOR. Also the client on connection receives from the server the seed key before sending login details.

Heya, any idea exactly where these functions are? Tried finding it but cannot seem to find it, probably blind as usual. And any idea from what the seed key is generated?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Backtrace the winsock.dll. This dll is responsible for the send() and recv() functions. Usually the send() is called after the encryption was made and recv() is called before decoding the packet. Is possible that the key is not the same for all the data. If you have luck, there's only 1 key for all the packets. Try using a packet sniffer like SocketSniff and see how the packet looks like, this way you can determine the packet length and the header of the packet(the command) and the data. Most of the game have: first 2 bytes packet length, next 2 bytes header and the rest of the packet is the data. It's a lot of trial and error... I recommand IDA Pro for such things(this is what I'm using) but if you are more comfortable using other debuggers, it's fine with those too.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Reverse engineer a dead mmorpg

I am wondering how much reverse engineering a dead mmorpg that only has client available would cost in time for a programmer? average of course

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Re: Reverse engineer a dead mmorpg

If you have 100 years to live, it will take a little more than 300 years.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

king of kings 3
this version has still servers online but the exe are protected by themida so only unpacking exe will be nearly impossible

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

king of kings 3
this version has still servers online but the exe are protected by themida so only unpacking exe will be nearly impossible

Unpacked + clean code 100 % Share all download link [ REVERSECODE-TEAM ]

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Very nice thanks !

Anyone can reverse packets, i can pay in crypto

Back