Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been rebuilding my old private server again, and over the years many tools have been published from when I started back in 2006. The only tool I've had a problem with admittedly has been the decryptor for the avatar .dat files. I have an EXE that successfully decrypts the head body flag and goggle files, but not the ex-item. The list shows in the client and are purchasable, but cannot be tried on or equipped (they're also all listed as NEW).

My goal is to make a client as original to the official as possible. I know there are tons of "DAT editors" through PHP, but they're not really functional. Plus they don't really decrypt, just edits and lays out the data in a form format.

Any help would be appreciated.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,

I've been rebuilding my old private server again, and over the years many tools have been published from when I started back in 2006. The only tool I've had a problem with admittedly has been the decryptor for the avatar .dat files. I have an EXE that successfully decrypts the head body flag and goggle files, but not the ex-item. The list shows in the client and are purchasable, but cannot be tried on or equipped (they're also all listed as NEW).

My goal is to make a client as original to the official as possible. I know there are tons of "DAT editors" through PHP, but they're not really functional. Plus they don't really decrypt, just edits and lays out the data in a form format.

Any help would be appreciated.

there

dat editor and exitem support decrypt dat only
PaisaPK - Avatar .DAT decryptor - RaGEZONE Forums

PaisaPK - Avatar .DAT decryptor - RaGEZONE Forums

mayve some antivirus show false positive the file is ofuscate

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello once again garsia, thanks for the reply. I've already come across plenty of these 'decoders' and aren't that hard to create (many could use improvements; I've thought of a pretty good PHP/table layout, but haven't really gone around to it). My only issue is the ex-items for whatever reason. Since most of the decrypted .dat out there have already been edited and personalized, it just makes it more difficult for my application since I want to keep it original as possible. Thanks once again :) good to see you still active around these forums.

Reaction score
Same thing as before. All items appear as NEW and cannot be equipped. They can be bought, but not equipable. I'm assuming we're using the same decryptor.

GBMX0000001 - Avatar .DAT decryptor - RaGEZONE Forums

This is what the Set page looks like. Seems like the decryptor isn't arranging the data correctly. I've been wanting to develop a decoder/assembler for these dat files, but people have yet to release the docs, or they've been lost in the internet. I hope to post all of that in the near future with a working PHP script with open source.

GBMX0000002 - Avatar .DAT decryptor - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i decrypted by my own decryptor if you cant use you have bad table on db
remember avatar.dat is a dump of menu table you need sync your db with the dats

can send me lastest avatar data you have fb.dat mb.dat etc

Last edited:
Reaction score
I doubt the menu and item table has anything to do with being able to try on and/or equip items. The rest of the dat files are functioning just fine, only the exitem has this issue of not being able to equip or try on.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
went you buy the item the information about the items (id) from set is read from menu table no from dat example you buy set name XD ( that contain xd head,xd gloves) went you buy server read menu table and add avatar id (xd head) to your inventory if you have bad info on menu table the request of item add on your inventory is bad i fix that on my old server years ago but i lost that db you need fil row of every set with add itemno,volume and expire of every avatar that belongs to the set

Reaction score
I understand all of that. I explained above that all other items are: purchasable, able to try on and equip. EXItem can only be bought but cannot be equipped or tried on. I've deduced that it's the .dat for the EXitems as I've tried other .dat from multiple private servers and function just fine (using my menu table). The decryptor I used decrypts all of the .dats just fine except the ex ones. They're displayed in the shop correctly with the correct prices and hover description. My assumption is that the .dat is off by a few bytes or some value is off.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
what versión of gb you try use ? i tink is your client i use same dat years ago and dont have any problems
in the extitem exist value tell client can equip or not i tink your client read that value on invalid offset

send me any ex dat working on your client for check that

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here's an example of one that does work just fine in terms of equipping. The GME I'm using is just a random one I found a long time ago that doesn't have nProtect or shows up as a false positive virus. Could that be an issue?

View attachment ex2.zip

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
Welp. I figured it was somewhere along those lines. Do you by any chance know the exact structure of a .dat file? I have a vague idea and have my hands on a couple of poorly made scripts from Portuguese forums.

Reaction score

Knock yourself out.. I'm far from making it a legit server. Don't know the data orientation of the .dat file?

*edit*
Your ex dump actually does work (I dunno what I missed). Thanks, but I would still like to know how you decrypt them. I'm currently trying to develop a PHP .dat editor that's extremely simple to understand.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you. I probably won't get into the decryption process right now as the program works perfectly fine. I am working on a PHP .dat editor at the moment. I'm still trying to figure out some of the byte values for items that are clearly unknown. I hope to post it in the release section soon with as much detail as I can document :) .

Back