Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

A couple Rose server questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That's really good to know. I actually got too excited. I'm having one more problem that I think you may be the only one who can fix.

I cannot seem to get it to work on lan. I'm going to give you some examples to show you what I've been doing.
SC is server/computer: the computer I've been using to host the server (that I also use to play on).
C is any other computer on my lan network.

I've kept my SC bat at 127.0.0.1 in the bat file and changed the conf files to 127.0.0.1. This makes it so I can play the server on the SC but cannot access it anywhere else.

I have kept my sc computer at 127.0.0.1 (bat file) and changed the conf files to my IPv4 (from cmd/ipconfig). This allows me to still play on the SC, yet I get the maintenance error on every other computer still. C's bat was the same IPv4 number.

I've tried keeping the sc bat at 127.0.0.1 and changing the conf files to the router IP (whatsmyip.org), nothing on either computer. The bat for the C was the router IP.

I've personally done every other variation I can think of (I just posted the ones that I thought were the most likely to work). My guess is there is just something we are missing. AnimalCrackerz and I were working on it for like 3 hours last night. Changing bat files around and messing with the conf files. We weren't getting anywhere.

It occurred to me this morning that I was using wireless lan and maybe that had a different local IP in comparison to the laptops being hardwired to the router. But that could just be my attempt to rationalize my failed attempt lol. Anyways, the game works.. haven't gotten to test it much because I went straight to testing it on multiple computers through wireless, but hopefully I'll get this sorted too. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Last of the OsRose Devs
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I find it kind of strange that other people seem to have so many problems with this.
I don't recall having any issues ever. (note that it has been about 6 or 7 years since I last had to set something like this up)
If I had problems then it was something simple that didn't stick in my memory so i need to go back to grass roots to give any advice.

First thing. Don't mess with any kind of configuration on your LAN. Leave all that completely standard other than possibly port forwarding 29000 through 29200 to your server PC. This also means you need to set it up as a static IP inside your LAN. Computers tend to get different LAN IPs every time you turn them on. If you do set it to static then make sure you use a high enough number that you don't get conflicts. LANs tend to fill up from the bottom so typically the first wireless device will be given 192.168,1,1 then the next one will get 192.168.1.2 and so on. Set your server to a static address of 192.168.1.101 so that no other device gets assigned the id first.

Port forwarding is not really needed provided you are entirely LAN but it can help sometimes if the computers on your network can't get in with teh LAN IP. They can also get in using your internet IP (if you have forwarded ports 29000 through 29200) which you can find out easily enough. It should be listed in your router config page and you can also find it by going to a web site such as

The config files that you need to set up are
loginserver.conf
charserver.conf
worldserver.conf

In each of those you will see a field by the name of 'serverip'
In all 3 cases it is most likely set to 127.0.0.1
Try setting them all to your server PC's LAN IP
( you might need to change the bat launcher to match this. I'm really not sure )
Or set them all to your WAN IP along with port forwarding then just join through the internet.

I really don't remember if KTRose allows different types of login simultaneously. I used to get into my own server using the KTRose launcher which was set to my internet IP. The server was located on a dedicated machine in my LAN. It lived in a deep dark corner of my basement and was the only computer on my system that was actually hard wired to the router.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks again PY. I've tried just about everything except a static IP. That will be my next course of action. I'll post later how it goes. I really need to find someone who made a lan server and ask them how they did it. lol

Edit)

silenteko - A couple Rose server questions. - RaGEZONE Forums

I hope this picture isn't too big. Anyways I fixed it. Static IP with port forwarding to the new static IP. Host computer's bat file is 127.0.0.1 and the other computers are your static IP (in the bat file). I'm debating making a tutorial out of this. Would you have any problems with me posting links to the files you gave me earlier PY? If I was going to make a tutorial I would probly need to do it soon, I have to many hobbies and I tend to forget things pretty quickly. lol

Thank you guys again for your help and input. I appreciate it and my wife does too.

P.s. let me know if you want anything tested PY, I know you are actively working on the project and I'd be happy to help any way I can.

Edit 2) After playing on it for a bit I found a couple problems with multiplayer lan.
1. Server only seems to save one persons ID number at a time, or can only focus on one. The secondary person loses all their items (but not zuly) when they log out. So you're always naked. If you log out with clothes you probly won't log in with them.
2. Because the secondary person does not have an ID number it is impossible to party with them, except on rare occurrences, and you usually can't see them moving either. Although you do see them kill things and the damage they cause.
3. Every time someone logs in or a person moves from one map to the other a window pops up saying that the body is already loaded and then proceeds to load the person again (next to them) but usually without a head. It also does this with npcs from time to time. (but they always have a head, they just float inside each other).

I rechecked all the sql files and I've loaded all of them. list_npc still doesn't want to load though. lol

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks again PY. I've tried just about everything except a static IP. That will be my next course of action. I'll post later how it goes. I really need to find someone who made a lan server and ask them how they did it. lol

Edit)

I hope this picture isn't too big. Anyways I fixed it. Static IP with port forwarding to the new static IP. Host computer's bat file is 127.0.0.1 and the other computers are your static IP (in the bat file). I'm debating making a tutorial out of this. Would you have any problems with me posting links to the files you gave me earlier PY? If I was going to make a tutorial I would probly need to do it soon, I have to many hobbies and I tend to forget things pretty quickly. lol

Thank you guys again for your help and input. I appreciate it and my wife does too.

P.s. let me know if you want anything tested PY, I know you are actively working on the project and I'd be happy to help any way I can.

Edit 2) After playing on it for a bit I found a couple problems with multiplayer lan.
1. Server only seems to save one persons ID number at a time, or can only focus on one. The secondary person loses all their items (but not zuly) when they log out. So you're always naked. If you log out with clothes you probly won't log in with them.
2. Because the secondary person does not have an ID number it is impossible to party with them, except on rare occurrences, and you usually can't see them moving either. Although you do see them kill things and the damage they cause.
3. Every time someone logs in or a person moves from one map to the other a window pops up saying that the body is already loaded and then proceeds to load the person again (next to them) but usually without a head. It also does this with npcs from time to time. (but they always have a head, they just float inside each other).

I rechecked all the sql files and I've loaded all of them. list_npc still doesn't want to load though. lol

add an id number manually on the database.

Last of the OsRose Devs
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It should not even be possible for any player to be in the game without an internal id. this id is assigned at login and it's presence is checked at various points in the code. If the id is invalid then that player will be booted instantly.

Try typing /save while in game and see if the stuff is actually saved to the database.
KTRose uses a different form of inventory storage than other servers. All the players stuff is stored in one entry rather than split up all over the place as they are in the standard osrose model.

the weird thing is that this server ran publicly for almost 2 years without any of the problems that you report.

ABE
I wonder if you have an issue with the servers not comunicating with each other?
Do you get messages in the charserver and worldserver saying that the other servers are online when you start them up?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It seems like the servers are communicating alright. Last night I did some testing to see if I could cause the problems. Here's what I found:

Every time my wife would go to a new map her game would crash. I believe this problem is client side, no errors on the world server or suggesting there should be a problem. I on the other hand have no problems moving from map to map and get no consequences from it.

Because it was kicking her every time we changed maps we figured out how to fix the "model already in use" problem that takes off peoples heads. Well it's not really a fix, more of a work around. Once a player exits the client completely the model problem stops for a short time and then we can party. The model problem does not change anything for the player that exited, it fixes the problem for the person that still has the game open.

The reason why it shows people as not having ID's is because the game is still stuck loading the first model and that model does not move. An ID has been given to the secondary model that is now in use (that's usually invisible or headless), but the first model is logged out and no longer actually in the game, for some reason the client just thinks it is still there and never got rid of it. So you are right about it being impossible for the person not to have an ID in game. The problem isn't the person's ID, it's the empty models ID. I cannot party with the empty model because to the server it does not actually exist. But for some reason the client is still loading it and showing it rather than the active person.

I hope that makes sense

Edit) I forgot to add that I re-added the sql files to navicat and the saving problem went away. That one was probly my fault. :O:

Thanks for your input Kingdom Rose, I tried that before I tested, the problem isn't the ID itself.

Last edited:
Last of the OsRose Devs
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the offending client isn't receiving a command to remove the player from graphical display.
The map changing client side crash is most probably caused by the server and might actually be the cause of the whole thing.

In the server we have an anti-hack system which detects differences in player coordinates between client and server (i.e. different calculated move speeds). When you want to go to a different map the client sends a request to the server which then looks at the player position to see if it is within a reasonable distance of the particular gate.
If not then the player will be locked out of the server until he/she relogs. It doesn't disconnect from either server or client. It just locks out commands from the client for that particular character.

If you close the client then immediately log in again, the client and server can get confused. the server thinks you are still logged in and sends a packet to display your old id but the client doesn't have a clue what to do with it. The old id is also not a valid character in the server as everything is locked out for it. Hence a big butt mess.

The first thing to make sure you do if the gate hacking crap comes up is to log out from the client rather than closing it. That might help.

Also (while logged in and able to do stuff) check your move speed in the server by using the "/mystat mspd" command. Compare this to the value shown in the client. If they are different then you will likely get a gate hacking error. It helps if you stop close to the gate and wait a few seconds before going through. lets the server catch up.

This gate hacking has caused more issues over the years than almost any other feature in osrose.
You can find the code in worldpackets.cpp
Code:
// Goto next map through gate
bool CWorldServer::pakGate( CPlayer* thisclient, CPacket* P )
{
    thisclient->Session->inGame = false;
    word GateID = GETWORD((*P), 0x00);
    CTeleGate* thisgate = GetTeleGateByID( GateID );
    fPoint position;
    UINT map = 0;
    // I'm setting this at 50 distance from the point of teleport. Increase if you run into
    // broken telegates. We might need to dump the scale and work from that - Drakia
    if( thisgate == NULL || thisclient->Position->Map != thisgate->srcMap || distance(thisclient->Position->current, thisgate->src) > 150 )
    {
        Log( MSG_HACK, "Player %s[Map: %i X: %f Y: %f] - Gate Hacking[ID: %i]",
        thisclient->CharInfo->charname, thisclient->Position->Map,
        thisclient->Position->current.x, thisclient->Position->current.y, GateID );
        return true;
    }

map = thisgate->destMap;
    position = thisgate->dest;

MapList.Index[map]->TeleportPlayer( thisclient, position );
    thisclient->saveinventory();
    thisclient->quicksave();
    thisclient->Session->inGame = true;
    return true;
}
You see where it says return true; inside the if statement?
Comment that out and recompile. It will still log the error but won't disconnect the player

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Alright, that makes sense. Does the game start with a "gate?" Because as soon as we start new characters we usually can't see each other. The whole birth island experience is spent with your partner sitting at the beginning and an invisible person causing havoc in the distance. Then, when we ask the fairy to take us to the next world or the next area it kicks Tess (by kick I mean the client freezes up and windows comes up with an error (APPCRASH)). When she reloads the game it fixes the issue and we can party. I believe that map is adventure plains. Then on the next map it will crash her again (luxem tower), half the time it fixes the empty model bug and the other half it will just show her empty model with her invisible or headless.

The part you want me to comment out is the whole if statement right?

if( thisgate == NULL || thisclient->Position->Map != thisgate->srcMap || distance(thisclient->Position->current, thisgate->src) > 150 )

is that correct? I'm thinking it is, I just don't want to mess anything up by not asking a simple question.

Last of the OsRose Devs
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You only need to comment the specific line return true; inside the conditional (if statement)
The rest doesn't matter.

The error the way you describe it does not sound like it is caused by this gate hack feature anyway. I've never seen anything like that happen on birth island and the fairy uses QSD code to teleport you to Adventurers Plains so it completely bypasses gate code.
You should note though that there are 5 potential start points on Birth Island.

It really sounds like your wife's computer is not establishing a proper connection to the character server.
It might be useful to take a look at the packet logs in the server.
Here is a test you can do.
Find a file called 'inoutpackets.log' in server binary/logs
delete it
Now start your servers and have her log in alone. As soon as she is all the way into the world, send me a copy of the (hopefully) very small 'inoutpackets.log' It will be recreated as soon as you start the servers.
I want to check whether all the correct data is transferred to her computer.

NOTE: you need to periodically delete the files in the log folder anyway or else they get ridiculously big very fast.
Deleting the 'logs' folder altogether will stop them being recorded.

Another thing you could try is to both connect using WAN IP rather than one of you on localhost. I don't know what effect that will have but it might be worth a shot. That seems to be the only difference between your two installations. I wonder if maybe something is getting screwed up because of that.

I have never seen an error like yours so it's difficult to be able to debug it. I have no way to test it myself since all my rose development stuff is on my computer at work. I can log into localhost but not via LAN or internet.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
[Thanks PY, I'll work on that tonight and send you the logs. =)

Edit) Ok, I changed the IP on the server computers bat to the static IP, went off without a hitch. I'd say the game runs a little bit smoother that way. Not that there was any observable difference that I could really tell, it just felt smoother. However, it sort of accented the problems we were having in a couple ways. Firstly, Tess could see the other copy of herself, that has never happened before. Birth Island was exactly the same as it was before the IP switch though. Couldn't see each other so we just jumped to the mainland to test the gates. I can sometimes also see two of her, and she can usually see two of me as well.
Here's an example, might have to zoom in.

Another thing I found interesting is that if you look at our party as soon as we move to a new area you can see both of us in a party together, then it immediately changes to only seeing yourself in the party.

Gate fix: She no longer gets kicked by the gates, she did freeze though, due to the dual personalities (lol) problem. Same error came up about the game already having the model loaded. I meant to take a screen shot, but I spaced out and alt+f4ed it.

Here is the inoutpackets:

Code:
 (SID:00000228) IN  0703: 
(SID:00000228) OUT 07ff: 02 29 00 23 48 
(SID:00000228) IN  0708: 38 63 35 35 38 33 32 32 32 64 62 62 37 65 32 31 30 30 61 39 35 65 39 30 32 36 62 36 64 63 66 38 74 65 73 73 61 62 61 62 79 00 
(SID:00000228) OUT 0708: 03 00 00 00 00 
(SID:00000228) IN  0703: 
(SID:00000228) OUT 07ff: 02 d6 2c ae 72 
(SID:00000228) IN  0708: 33 39 32 36 30 35 61 61 33 33 62 35 36 61 31 36 66 37 30 30 63 38 65 61 32 39 37 66 38 64 31 33 74 65 73 73 61 62 61 62 79 00 
(SID:00000228) OUT 0708: 00 00 00 0c 00 31 53 65 72 76 65 72 20 31 00 01 00 00 00 
(SID:00000228) IN  0704: 01 00 00 00 
(SID:00000228) OUT 0704: 01 00 00 00 01 02 00 00 00 00 43 68 61 6e 6e 65 6c 20 31 00 
(SID:00000228) IN  070a: 01 00 00 00 02 
(SID:00000228) OUT 070a: 00 35 00 00 00 21 43 65 87 31 39 32 2e 31 36 38 2e 31 35 2e 35 35 00 ac 71 
(SID:00000228) IN  070b: 35 00 00 00 33 39 32 36 30 35 61 61 33 33 62 35 36 61 31 36 66 37 30 30 63 38 65 61 32 39 37 66 38 64 31 33 
(SID:00000228) OUT 070c: 00 21 43 65 87 00 00 00 00 
(SID:00000228) IN  0712: 
(SID:00000228) OUT 0712: 02 74 65 73 73 61 00 01 05 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 2b 00 00 00 14 00 00 00 dd 00 00 00 1e 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 50 59 74 65 73 74 32 00 00 03 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 de 00 00 00 1e 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 
(SID:00000228) IN  0715: 01 00 00 50 59 74 65 73 74 32 00 
(SID:00000228) OUT 0711: 10 72 35 00 00 00 21 43 65 87 31 39 32 2e 31 36 38 2e 31 35 2e 35 35 00 
(SID:00000228) OUT 07e1: 06 00 
(SID:00000580) IN  070b: 35 00 00 00 33 39 32 36 30 35 61 61 33 33 62 35 36 61 31 36 66 37 30 30 63 38 65 61 32 39 37 66 38 64 31 33 
(SID:00000580) OUT 070c: 00 21 43 65 87 00 00 00 00 
(SID:00000580) OUT 0715: 00 18 00 80 75 f5 48 00 89 f8 48 16 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 de 00 00 00 1e 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 0f 00 0f 00 0f 00 0f 00 0a 00 0a 00 76 00 51 00 a4 01 00 00 03 00 17 00 00 00 64 64 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 88 13 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 0b 00 0c 00 10 00 14 00 29 00 2a 00 2b 00 b5 00 13 00 15 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 1b 00 00 00 50 59 74 65 73 74 32 00 00 
(SID:00000580) OUT 0716: 21 03 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 c2 1b 00 50 e8 0b c3 03 00 50 e8 0b 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 28 00 00 50 e8 0b 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 4a 0f 02 00 00 00 ea 0c 01 00 00 00 0a 0f 03 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ac 15 07 00 00 00 4c 16 06 00 00 00 6c 15 02 00 00 00 cc 0c 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 
(SID:00000580) OUT 071b: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 21 03 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 ad 0c 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 80 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 
(SID:00000580) OUT 07de: 01 10 02 00 00 00 
(SID:00000580) OUT 0702: 57 65 6c 63 6f 6d 65 20 74 6f 20 4a 65 73 73 65 27 73 20 52 6f 73 65 00 
(SID:00000580) OUT 07df: f1 50 72 65 2d 45 76 6f 6c 75 74 69 6f 6e 20 73 65 72 76 65 72 20 70 72 65 73 65 6e 74 65 64 20 62 79 20 53 70 69 72 69 74 46 6f 78 20 70 72 6f 64 75 63 74 69 6f 6e 73 20 61 6e 64 20 4b 75 72 6f 2d 54 65 6a 69 6e 61 20 00 
(SID:00000580) OUT 0792: db 05 06 50 f7 48 9a 6c fb 48 06 50 f7 48 9a 6c fb 48 00 00 00 00 00 58 02 00 00 64 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 5b 00 00 00 
(SID:00000580) OUT 0792: ef 05 80 a1 f8 48 b5 b9 fa 48 80 a1 f8 48 b5 b9 fa 48 00 00 00 00 00 71 02 00 00 64 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 5e 00 00 00 
(SID:00000580) OUT 0797: db 05 00 00 90 01 86 2a f7 48 9a 6c fb 48 cd cd 01 
(SID:00000580) OUT 0797: ef 05 00 00 4a 01 80 88 f8 48 35 94 fa 48 cd cd 01 
(SID:00000580) OUT 0797: ef 05 00 00 4a 01 00 63 f8 48 35 7b fa 48 cd cd 01 
(SID:00000580) OUT 0797: db 05 00 00 82 00 06 37 f7 48 1a 47 fb 48 cd cd 00 
(SID:00000228) IN  07e0: 08 
(SID:00000580) IN  0753: 03 03 00 
(SID:00000580) OUT 0721: 22 00 02 00 00 00 
(SID:00000580) OUT 0753: 4a 0f 76 00 51 00 a4 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 64 00 79 4b 1f 0c 64 00 50 cd 32 32 35 32 32 32 32 32 32 35 00 00 00 00 07 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 
(SID:00000580) OUT 0762: 4a 0f 00 
(SID:00000580) OUT 0782: 4a 0f 03 a9 01 
(SID:00000580) OUT 0792: db 05 94 2e f7 48 2f 60 fb 48 06 37 f7 48 1a 47 fb 48 00 00 00 00 00 58 02 00 00 64 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 5b 00 00 00 
(SID:00000580) OUT 0792: ef 05 00 63 f8 48 35 7b fa 48 00 63 f8 48 35 7b fa 48 00 00 00 00 00 71 02 00 00 64 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 5e 00 00 00 
(SID:00000228) IN  07e0: 0f 03 00 00 00 
(SID:00000228) IN  07e5: 03 
(SID:00000228) OUT 07e5: 01 00 00 
(SID:00000580) OUT 0797: ef 05 00 00 4a 01 00 4a f8 48 35 62 fa 48 cd cd 01 
(SID:00000580) OUT 0797: ef 05 00 00 4a 01 80 24 f8 48 35 7b fa 48 cd cd 01 
(SID:00000580) IN  0707: 
(SID:00000580) OUT 0707: 00 00

Last edited:
Last of the OsRose Devs
Loyal Member
Reaction score
is that just a single login as I asked for?
I can see two completely different login sequences going on there.
2 login packets. Everything is duplicated down to the 0x753 packet which is where the id is assigned in the world server. That is only received once by the worldserver while everything else is received twice and echoed back twice.

This doesn't seem to be a server issue. Your client is generating too many login sequences then (by the looks of it) leaving a ghost, half logged in but without a server id.

Are you using the original trose.exe or the one that was recently modified and added to the server SVN?
That one was supposed to allow multi-clients but I wonder if it might be causing problems.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry it took me so long to respond, been really busy. Now that I think about it... I did test out that new one. The only question is if it was before I gave it to her or not. I suppose that's a really easy fix if so. That would also explain all of our bugs and why we could see two of ourselves, or at least she could. I'll grab the real one from the svn and try again.

I am completely sure it was only her computer logged on. I turned off everything on the server computer besides the server itself.

Speaking of that, it doesn't work (the dual client).

On another note, the fact that the file made any sense to you is amazing. I was looking at it for a while wondering what anyone could get from that. You're pretty impressive. :O:

I'll update when I replace both

Last of the OsRose Devs
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Considering that I have had to build several network interfaces from the ground up using those packets it's not so impressive really.
They always go in a specific order as the client establishes a connection then sends login information and stuff.
After a while I start to see pieces of a conversation between two internet entities rather than just a list of meaningless numbers.
It's just a case of familiarity

Actually decoding the information in the messages takes a little longer but it has all been mapped out in detail so I know precisely where to look to find a password or a user id or all your inventory item ids. They are all in there. Just need to be converted from bytes displayed in hexidecimal back to nice decimal values to read characters and stuff.
I can do all that in excel if I need to. as could anyone who is sufficiently familiar with the way it works.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
My testing was semi limited by time, but I believe I did accidentally leave the improved ktrose on both computers. The problem seems to be resolved. Thank you very much PY. :D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back