Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

A levels

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
A Levels results were today, and critics are saying that A Levels are too easy... once again!

like hell are they easy!

im just wondering what others think about this?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i wish i took BTEC instead tbh.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
They're definitely not as easy as the news make out, but it isn't that hard to get a decent grade. One of the main problems is the marking, I just got my A level results today, and thankfully the marking was a lot better than last time, lol. (I got 3 As - Politics, English Literature and Maths, and a B in History). I had a couple of anomalous results last year - in my three Politics units I got 97/100 96/100 and 60/100, and I swear that was because of the marking.

As long as you work hard there isn't any reason why anyone can't get at least semi-decent grades, but I think it is much harder to get an A than is made out in the press =).

/Miles

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
man do i feel stupid with my D and E :p still it was fun, and pointless :p

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
Europe talk? what are you on about xD

It's all Greek to me too :cry:

Yeah, all over the UK exam pass rates have gone up, for A-Levels, GCSEs, Standard Grades, Highers etc.

I start my Standard Grade exams in April '09, not looking forward to it. I doubt they're easier than before, but when I saw the Intermediate 2 Maths exam from this year....

All is well...
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hurray for living in the states and having no idea what yall are talking about. Well actually I assume you're talking about some sort of academic test...

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I've heard about the media saying how the tests are getting easier and whatnot due to better passing percentages or whatever. My only question is: couldn't the people be getting smarter? Why is it that people never get better, the testing only gets worse?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
because the people in the media are from the last generation, therefore people cant be smarter than them can they?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's all Greek to me too :cry:

Yeah, all over the UK exam pass rates have gone up, for A-Levels, GCSEs, Standard Grades, Highers etc.

I start my Standard Grade exams in April '09, not looking forward to it. I doubt they're easier than before, but when I saw the Intermediate 2 Maths exam from this year....

walk in the park

got an A for it

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
because the people in the media are from the last generation, therefore people cant be smarter than them can they?

also the media say things like this to provoke a reaction.

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
walk in the park

got an A for it

If I were to have done that test before the summer, I could've done the entire thing and passed no problem. Seriously, that paper is a joke. Modern Studies on the other hand is an entirely different opinion.

change my name already!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I dont have to take those :59:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If I were to have done that test before the summer, I could've done the entire thing and passed no problem. Seriously, that paper is a joke. Modern Studies on the other hand is an entirely different opinion.

maths at high school altogether is a joke tbh, int 2 / credit downward is ridiculously easy whereas higher and advance higher are meant to be extremely difficult

heard modern studies was a hard one aswell, glad i never took it

Back