Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

A (little?) help please.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi there,

Ok, since a few days I have the OfA server up and running, thanks to Mupu's excellent explanation in his video's, but I have still have a few questions left.

1) How/where can I de-activate the Newby fairy?
2) How/where can I de-activate the Elven/Dwarven classes (Since I'm only interested in Ch1 content playing a Priest/Warrior)
3) How to de-activate the GM role for all characters? Right now I use the GM addon to set GM lvl to 0, but still the No Attack Flag is set sometimes.
4) Anyone here with a working Logview or similar/better? I know I can edit the SQL database but it takes ages to look for a specific setting.

Thanks for the info and help.

Edit.

Question #3 I just found the answer in a thread by the1Domo

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
1) Find the LUA script that triggers the fairy to spawn and edit it to not do it!
2) There are multiple solutions to this: you can disable it in the client script that displays the races, but then anyone who has knowledge about coding with/in this client can enable it again. The "right" way, would be to go to the server source and find the race registry process and disable it right there. If you do both, you are good to go!
4) I don't have any logview running currently, since you need a WinXP VM to get the correct php plugins running!

Long time no see Amarthel, nice to see you back.
Greetings,
Mollo

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1) What you exactly want?

A) to get the Newbie egg? 01789.lua

Global Disable:
function Hsiang_GuildPetProc_PlayerLogin() local PlayerLV = ReadRoleValue( TargetID() , EM_RoleValue_LV ) if PlayerLV <= 30 then Beginplot( OwnerID() , GuildPetProc_PlayerLogin_Language , 300 ) -- comment this line Addbuff( OwnerID(), 622704, 0 , -1 ) end end

Language Specific Disable:
Hsiang_GuildPetProc_PlayerLogin_Eneu -- example for a language specific delegate GiveBodyItem(OwnerID(), 207051 , 1) -- the concrete line which gives u the pet egg comment in each language u want

B) auto Summon of Newbie Pet 01789.lua
function Hsiang_CreateGuildPet() SysCastSpellLv( OwnerID() , OwnerID() , 495393 , 0 ) --comment this line end

2) ClientSide: not recommended
ServerSide: \Server\MasterServer\NetWalker_Member\Net_Login\NetSrv_Master_Login_Child.cpp

void CNetSrv_MasterServer_Child::On_CreateRole ( int iClientID, const char* pszAccount, int iFieldIndex, CreateRoleData* pCreateRoleData ) // Make something like this; i think 0=human, 1=elf, 2=dwarf if (pCreateRoleData->SampleRole.Race == 1 || pCreateRoleData->SampleRole.Race == 2) { CreateRoleResult(iClientID, 0, EM_CreateRoleResult_SystemError, NULL); return; }

4) No

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1) Find the LUA script that triggers the fairy to spawn and edit it to not do it!
2) There are multiple solutions to this: you can disable it in the client script that displays the races, but then anyone who has knowledge about coding with/in this client can enable it again. The "right" way, would be to go to the server source and find the race registry process and disable it right there. If you do both, you are good to go!
4) I don't have any logview running currently, since you need a WinXP VM to get the correct php plugins running!

Long time no see Amarthel, nice to see you back.
Greetings,
Mollo
Hi there Mollo,

Thanks for the answers:

1) In the lua-scripts then. I'll check it out after dinner.
2) it's only for my own convenience on my own private server, no others allowed. Will be using it as testbe to see how things work behind the normal gameplay.
4) Logview is not really necessary, but a lot easier than going through all the SQL lines

It sure has been a long time, it's also nice to see that you are still lurking around the Rommunity, now I have a place to ask all questions that come into my mind ;)

Still miss those days with Mupu, Cenre, Zokkr, you and others.

Global Disable:
function Hsiang_GuildPetProc_PlayerLogin() local PlayerLV = ReadRoleValue( TargetID() , EM_RoleValue_LV ) if PlayerLV <= 30 then Beginplot( OwnerID() , GuildPetProc_PlayerLogin_Language , 300 ) -- comment this line Addbuff( OwnerID(), 622704, 0 , -1 ) end end

Hsiang_GuildPetProc_PlayerLogin_Eneu -- example for a language specific delegate GiveBodyItem(OwnerID(), 207051 , 1) -- the concrete line which gives u the pet egg comment in each language u want

function Hsiang_CreateGuildPet() SysCastSpellLv( OwnerID() , OwnerID() , 495393 , 0 ) --comment this line end

ServerSide: \Server\MasterServer\NetWalker_Member\Net_Login\NetSrv_Master_Login_Child.cpp

void CNetSrv_MasterServer_Child::On_CreateRole ( int iClientID, const char* pszAccount, int iFieldIndex, CreateRoleData* pCreateRoleData ) // Make something like this; i think 0=human, 1=elf, 2=dwarf if (pCreateRoleData->SampleRole.Race == 1 || pCreateRoleData->SampleRole.Race == 2) { CreateRoleResult(iClientID, 0, EM_CreateRoleResult_SystemError, NULL); return; }

4) No
Hi there,

Thank you for the answers.

1) What I want is simply to de-activate the Newbie fairy, perhaps even remove it of dropping into the BP. Mollo already pointed out that I should check the lua-scripts for the fairy, thank you for pinpointing the exact lua.

2) Disable the Elven/Dwarven races since I only play Human Priest/Warrior. It isn't really vital, but it would save a couple of seconds when I create a new toon.

4) Same answer I have written to Mollo ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Global Disable:

4) No
you went the longer mile and gave the code xD nice to also see you back, gives me flashbacks about the old g4l crew xD

btw, I´m still active on Discord, so ppl can always write me (and a lot of old g4l players still do).
I can not promise to answer all questions, but you can write me on Discord amarthel, if there is anything urgent

Upvote 0
Back