Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

A router problem Legend of Mir 3 

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
After finding another problem...

I followed all the intructions that have been provided on this forum about setting up the server files to run with the router.

Ok. The router is set up fine with port forwarding.

The DBSrv300 files are set up according to posts on this forum.
The Logsrv files are set up according to posts on this forum.

So this means that a person either on the LAN or on the WAN can access the server, login, select characters.

The problems are that people cannot create a character from the WAN. And everytime you try to connect to the game you are rejected by the server with "The targeted machine actively refused the connection".

I have set a server up before, and I remember using a guide I found on this forum, but that seems to have disappeared. And I sure that involved changing the files in the Mir300 folder. Namely "!runaddr.txt" and "!servertable.txt".

From the advice that has been given there has been no mention to these files, yet it must work for some people. :chair:

Reaction score
Using the giude ive like posted loads of times now (why they never made it sticky i never know) i have set up another two servers which worked online each and every time. If you have done it correctly you should NOT be able to play on the LAN unless you put in the WAN IP into your mir3.ini file.

I suggest doing a search on my name for all posts i have made on this section, you port forward ports 7000, 7100 and 7200 - thats all you need. Now you *might* have a problem after getting it to work that you, yourself cannot actually connect, some routers do Not allow pass through, which means typing a net ip which is yours, and routing back to a local address - easy to test this, get a ftp server up and running, port forward 20-21 to the machine and try and connect Using PORT - if you can get in and get a listing, then the router is fine.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I can get to the FTP Server on the machine fine using the local address, but my router does not allow the LAN to use the WAN address back on itself. The thing is that I have had this working where the LAN and the WAN could connect. Last week I had a mir 2 server running perfectly fine the same way. The way that that was configured was different to the way that you described. I am yet to check this method for mir 3 as of yet.

That simply worked by setting the gates on the loginsrv, and the dbsrv to have the WAN aswell as the LAN IP as a gate. The problem is with the DBServer, I'm don't think you can do it the same way anymore.

I see if that works.

:starwars:

Reaction score
I have 2 routers , one made by Belkin and the other SMC, now on a firmware update on both of them, i lost the ability to do wan to lan type thing, so i rolled back to a version that allowed this. Ive not set up a mir2 server so not sure but to be honest it must be the same as the programs are indeed the same (bar the server obiously).

Basically it works like this:

Mir Client connects to login gate @ port 7000. The gate gets the port 7100 and ip from the LoginSrv program (where you typed in the gate ip) and then tells your mir client to connect to that ip for the SelChr gate.. You client then connects to the selchr gate which talks to the DBServer program and returns the :7200 which is the RunGate. This will then get your client into the actual server..

If you put the WAN ip on the programs - i cannot see who the server would run through a router, without a router of course you set the WAN/LAN Ip as they are the same if you have a direct connection.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Basically I got it working. And today it stopped working. Someone from Italy hit my ftp server on the machine, I don't get it.

Ring a bell to anyone...I traced it to a communications company in Italy.

What do I do? :toilet_cl

Back