Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

About New NPC

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm trying to create a new npc that works like MDV guards. By talking to them, I can activate the duel with them. For this I have copied the CWC assassin but I can't get him to be in passive mode before attacking and I can talk to him to start the duel. how can I do it ? I have followed the steps below:

- Copy the npc and add it in a new line with another ID, to this new one I added the talk function and referenced a talk.xml file I made for it.
- I created the records in message_table and message_xml.
- I created the file npc_talk_id.xml
- I copied the same line from the original npc into npc_rebirth and changed the ID.

I don't know what else to do to make it work. When I start the server I get an error

"Get Npc Rebirth Data Error, NpcID=[0], area=[], AreaId=[0]"
and "WARN: Unknown AI Type".

At the moment I have not assigned area because I want to test that it works correctly making it appear with the GM.

Please help me, I have read the whole forum already and I can't find the solution!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
On NPC Rebirth you need of one line of NPC of Duel

469,éªÊ÷ÊØÎÀ,3104,common,,5,,0,0,,,,0,0,,100,800,0,1,,"OnHpLower 20;OnStartDuel;OnEndDuel;",,,

it has to be like this

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks, I already had that set up but I also had to modify the npc.lua file. Now the problem I have is that I don't know how to tell the npc that gives me the quest, that I have already defeated the other npc in a duel. It turns out that I don't want it to be a kill but that it can recognize the won duel.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i have not files with this quest xD. All files has cleaned those tasks

Bro I was able to get everything working, however in the game_Server console I keep getting warnings like the ones shown in the image and I can't detect what the error is. I guess these new npc should not need to be in the npc_rebirth file since they are not reborn, they are npc that fulfill a quest and nothing else. I have included them anyway but I don't understand how they work.

I want those warnings to disappear and I don't know how to do it. Could you guide me?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
did this error start after you created the NPC duel?

If so, post the line you created from the NPC Rebirth

Unknown AI Type, is other error

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
yes start after. i add this lines in npc rebirth. i think that file npc_assign is the problem but i dont know the relation between those files (npc_rebirth and npc_assign) u know?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You use CSVED, for edit? he bug your files
no need edit npc_assign

npc_assign is local to revive when you die

I see this error

"OnHpLower 20;OnStartDuel;OnEndDuel;"

Need use ( " " )

469,éªÊ÷ÊØÎÀ,3104,common,,5,,0,0,,,,0,0,,100,800,0,1,,"OnHpLower 20;OnStartDuel;OnEndDuel;",,,

use this Line for create your Rebirth, trade ID of NPC and ID Rebirth and try

when I get home I see a duel quest and I'll give you the line of it

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thankss bro i will check it

same error. I see in my files and other files that is not necesary use " " in those parameters. Maybe the issue is in other side. :/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back