Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

adding marriage rings issue

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey guys. So to test the marriages ring effect I wanted to create a command that'll add a ring to both of the characters and the ring to the database. This is my code:

Code:
Item i = MapleItemInformationProvider.getInstance().getEquipById(1112803);
        Equip item = (Equip) i;
        int ringid = MapleRing.createRing(i.getItemId(), chr, partner);
        item.setRingId(ringid);
        chr.getInventory(MapleInventoryType.EQUIP).addItem(item);
        chr.getClient().announce(MaplePacketCreator.modifyInventory(true, Collections.singletonList(new ModifyInventory(0, item))));
        chr.addMarriageRing(MapleRing.loadFromDb(ringid));
        chr.dropMessage("Loaded ring " + MapleRing.loadFromDb(ringid).getRingId() + " " + MapleRing.loadFromDb(ringid).getPartnerName());
        chr.getClient().disconnect(false, false);
         Equip ring = (Equip) i;
         ring.setSN(item.getSN());
         item.setRingId((ringid+1));
         partner.getInventory(MapleInventoryType.EQUIP).addItem(ring);
         partner.getClient().announce(MaplePacketCreator.modifyInventory(true, Collections.singletonList(new ModifyInventory(0, ring))));
         partner.addMarriageRing(MapleRing.loadFromDb((ringid+1)));
         chr.dropMessage("Loaded ring " + MapleRing.loadFromDb(ringid+1).getRingId() + " " + MapleRing.loadFromDb(ringid+1).getPartnerName());
Now for some odd reason, it keeps adding the same ring for both of the characters.. and I am trying to figure out why, so I hope you guys can help me with that.

UPDATE:
Fixed the issue, but now I can't wear the rings, when I double click them it just stays there and I have to dispose to be able to click items again. Any solution for that?

Regards,
Matt

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Hey guys. So to test the marriages ring effect I wanted to create a command that'll add a ring to both of the characters and the ring to the database. This is my code:

Code:
    public static void Marry(MapleCharacter chr, MapleCharacter partner, MarriageRingType type) {
        Item i = MapleItemInformationProvider.getInstance().getEquipById(1112803); // moonstone
        Equip item = (Equip) i;
        item.setRingId(ringid);
        chr.getInventory(MapleInventoryType.EQUIP).addItem(item);
        chr.getClient().announce(MaplePacketCreator.modifyInventory(true, Collections.singletonList(new ModifyInventory(0, item))));
        chr.addMarriageRing(MapleRing.loadFromDb(ringid));
        //chr.dropMessage("Loaded ring " + MapleRing.loadFromDb(ringid).getRingId() + " " + MapleRing.loadFromDb(ringid).getPartnerName());

Equip ring = (Equip) i;
        ring.setSN(item.getSN());
        item.setRingId((ringid+1));
        partner.getInventory(MapleInventoryType.EQUIP).addItem(ring);
        partner.getClient().announce(MaplePacketCreator.modifyInventory(true, Collections.singletonList(new ModifyInventory(0, ring))));
        partner.addMarriageRing(MapleRing.loadFromDb((ringid+1)));
        //chr.dropMessage("Loaded ring " + MapleRing.loadFromDb(ringid+1).getRingId() + " " + MapleRing.loadFromDb(ringid+1).getPartnerName());
    }
Now for some odd reason, it keeps adding the same ring for both of the characters.. and I am trying to figure out why, so I hope you guys can help me with that.

Regards,
Matt

cause you created the same ring for both of the characters ? what did you expect ?

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
cause you created the same ring for both of the characters ? what did you expect ?

Correct, this is how this should be. I looked on the code on how crush rings are generated. Basically, when you create a ring it generates two rows in the MySQL.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I still haven't found a solution. If someone could help me, that'll be great, thank you.

Regards,
Smartloser

Upvote 0
Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Print checkpoints in the process and you'll find where it's broken.

Upvote 0
Back