Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Advice please

Darkhearts
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I need some input on the way I'm taking control of this.

topic: Trying to get better shape (i'm not fat fat but I'm not skinny as hell)

I've stopped drinking cola drinks and only drinking water. I'm planing on buying dumb-bells so I can work out (need info on how I should start off , how many reps ect). And I'm going to start doing situps alot every day. I basicly need info on whats best and if this is good. I DDR so my legs should be ok (heavy mode ftw).

Thoughts/inputs are what I'm looking for. But dont be a penis, k? Thanks :D

Reaction score
your body needs 3 things to stay healthy

1. the right fuel (food)
2. enough exercise
3. enough sleep

start by slowly improving on all 3

1. eat more vegetables, they are great for your body, be sure to enjoy what you eat too, dont cut out everything bad, do it slowly

2. again make sure you enjoy it, be sure to work your lungs and heart aswell as building shape by toning up or building mass

3. make sure you feel refreshed after you sleep, theres no magic number for how long you should sleep but with the correct fuel and exercise you should wake naturally and easily

ill go into more detail tomorrow mate for now i need sleep :p

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
calastenics.
Jog/Run 30 min a day.
Eat w/e U want.
And ur fine.

This is how people get fat.

1) They eat when they have nothing to do.
2) They Sit at a computer chair all day... eating.
3) Dont use it and u lose it.
4) Eat b4 sleep.
You eat for energy.... where is all the food (energy) going to go if you dont use it?

I do not believe limiting what u eat is the way to do what u want... i mean... u cant go on eating twinkies like for breakfast lunch and dinner.... but i mean just wat smart..... an apple a day doesnt kill u and actualy i like apples more than chips/candy.
Eat 3 meals a day and stay active atleast... 3 with variety....

Whoever says stay away from carbs is a Special person.
When u starve yourself... u slow down your metabolism.... and if u do ever eat food again you will not metabolise it at all and gain weight 2 times as fast as b4 ur diet.

My take/personal experiance.... and no i dont look like chuck noris.... but im not fat... i have a "Gut" but thats mostly cause of Beer Pong every week for the past 4 years. i only weigh about 180 and im about 5ft 8" or 5ft 9"
around there ... i dont thnk thats too bad? size 32 also...
and thats me not even really doing anything.... if i go downstairs and punch my punching bag ... i could lose like 20 lb a mo but im lazzy. :lol:

Darkhearts
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm 170 and about 5'9. I may start running a little I guess, need to build up endurance anyway (friends have more so last longer on ddr even though I'm better). I'll do as many situps as I can then work harder for the next couple everytime. Trying to get more fit and I basicly have a so called "gut" too :p

Smo

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
All you need is a floor - do sit-ups and push-ups when you're at home. Alternatively, get a bike, it's a perfect way to increase stamina, muscle tone and eventually bulk (when you start using lower gears and try inclines).

Darkhearts
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I suck at push-ups >.< ... I can barely do them. I can lift stuff more then me but I think its because I use other parts of my body.

Reaction score
aye smo is right when he says all u need is a floor, u not need any equipment at all, just urself and a little motivation.

that being said using different things can spice it up and u may enjoy certain exercises over others

dont let being poor at an exercise put you off, how are you going to become good at it if you have never worked at it? you didnt rule at DDR on ur 1st try either :p

go jogging, bike riding or swimming etc for at least 20-30 minutes when you work out, many studies suggest that with aerobic workouts u need 2 be going for around 20 minutes before you start to burn a decent amount of fat. this is also a good way just to get your body moving and to find something u really enjoy, u need 2 be exercising for 30-40 minutes a day 3 times a week at least if you are serious about losing weight.

the running biking and swimming will be great for your lungs and heart, they will of course help you tone up a little depending how they are done but i recommend you finish every workout with a few simple exercises like pushups and situps, do these also when you wake up and before you go to bed. just start with 5 of each and every week add another 5 on

Xenosaga21 is like me when he says you dont have to watch ur diet too much so long as ur working out, but if you do change your diet then you will see and really feel much much better results. take me for example as people are posting their weights, im about 136 pounds, im 5'10 i can lift my own body weight and i can hold my breath for about 2 and a half minutes. i pretty much eat whatever the hell i want, i dont intentionally eat healthier unless im training for a fight.

in conclusion

• workout 2-3 times a week at least
  • 30-40 minutes per workout
  • finish fitness routines with conditioning (push ups situps etc)
  • each week gradually increase the workload, make it harder to get fitter!
  • be sure to enjoy it :)
  • eat better for better results

Last edited:
Darkhearts
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I woke up today, sat down on my floor. Put a pair of pants under my butt (tail bone). I then just put my feet under my dresser and did situps. I go all the way up but never go all the way down where I rest my back on the floor. I did 24, took a shower, did 16 then another 16 with a 10min break in the middle (would of done more then 16 but my back was making weird sounds and I felt it too).

I can do a little of pushups. I cant do it till I almost hit the ground but I can do it half way for about maybe 5 times then I get to the point where my arms let go. I plan to go buy some dumb-bells asap and do that. May try and DDR with dumb-bells with me haha should help a little.

But my main concern is my back doing that sound and I felt it too. I did stretch till it felt good then did my situps.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I've done 50 push ups and 50 sit ups and do 50 reps with a 10lb dumbbells, i have done since my Gcse exams (june 2006), I haven't lost any weight (or gained any) but my fitness is defiantly better, and thats all that matters to me.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I've done 50 push ups and 50 sit ups and do 50 reps with a 10lb dumbbells, i have done since my Gcse exams (june 2006), I haven't lost any weight (or gained any) but my fitness is defiantly better, and thats all that matters to me.

*large laff* who wants a pic of ramuthra taken today????

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
*large laff* who wants a pic of ramuthra taken today????

at least i could walk to guys house without moaning my head of and wanting to take up smoking.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
This is a crude makeup of my routine:

Get 6-8 hours of sleep-

This varies from person to person. I can literally survive on 4-5 hours of sleep, I even remember testing this when I was in high school. Yet, I like getting 6-8 because it allows for more time for the body to rest and relax.

Eat 3-4 healthy meals a day-

Usually it's 3...Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Sometimes I like to sneak in a snack. For sake of losing weight, try eating Eggs, Yogurt, Toast and wash it down with some orange, or apple, juice. For lunch, just a sandwich and some milk or something. For dinner, a steak, some veggies, some bread.

Unfortunately most people seem to think diet is the most important thing about losing even 5 pounds...it isn't. You can eat an entire cake and run off the fat you will gain from it(might not be easy, but you can still do it).

1 Hours run in the morning-

I get up at 5-6 AM on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and sometimes Saturday to run for an hour. You don't have to get up at 5-6 AM, but I find it wakes me up and prepares me for the day.

30 minutes of Cardiovascular exercise and 20-30 minutes of weight-lifting-

Never..NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER skip the cardio exercise...if you are crunched for time..do the cardio. Although weight lifting may make you look big and strong, it doesn't necessarily mean you can run for 10 minutes without needing to stop to catch your breath. Cardio is more than just endurance, it strengthens the heart, lowers blood pressure, burns calories, works the leg muscles, etc etc. Weight lifting is quite possibly the least important form of exercise out there...if there were no weight lifting, the world would probably not be much different.

My routine takes up a lot of my day...but I don't mind.

To anyone reading this..I cant stress this enough...

You don't have to do my routine..but doing at least 30 minutes of cardio workout a day doesn't make you a workout freak..it makes you healthy. In my routine I do an hour and 30 minutes of it and I don't plan on going to the ER for a heart attack.

Also..my diet usually has something to do with applesauce. Applesauce is low on sodium, sugar, calories, fat..etc. It isn't old people food, it's just crushed up apples.

And yes..I'm passionate on this subject. I want the world(or at least America) to be less obese. It's somewhat disgusting to see fat people take their shirts off at the pool. If this brings offense to anyone..then I'm sorry. But unless you have a medical condition that makes you obese no matter what or how you eat..then you should not be obese.

Gerr...

Gerrr...

Gir!..

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I woke up today, sat down on my floor. Put a pair of pants under my butt (tail bone). I then just put my feet under my dresser and did situps. I go all the way up but never go all the way down where I rest my back on the floor. I did 24, took a shower, did 16 then another 16 with a 10min break in the middle (would of done more then 16 but my back was making weird sounds and I felt it too).

I can do a little of pushups. I cant do it till I almost hit the ground but I can do it half way for about maybe 5 times then I get to the point where my arms let go. I plan to go buy some dumb-bells asap and do that. May try and DDR with dumb-bells with me haha should help a little.

But my main concern is my back doing that sound and I felt it too. I did stretch till it felt good then did my situps.

Didn't want to edit my post to add this.

The back pain is caused by the abs. Lower back pain is usually because your lower abs(whatever they're called) aren't fit. You don't need a six pack, but you shouldn't have blubber there.

Edit: I just realized I didn't address your problem at all.

A noise? You MAY want to pay 10-20 bucks for a doctor to do a checkup..and ask him to check your spine for any problems(doesn't need to X-ray, you can just feel someones spine for problems).

Pain? Normal..just don't overload yourself or you can render your back useless for a few hours. After a while, your ab muscles will strengthen and the pain will significantly less, but not completely dissipated. You dont need a six pack, you just need strong ab muscles.--By that, I mean you can still have a beer belly and have great abs...just not the muscles you can SEE..they're behind the beer belly.

Lower back pain is usually caused because people don't strengthen their abs..which supports your back.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Don't forget to drink 5 bottles of water without going to the bathroom. *whistles*

Darkhearts
Loyal Member
Reaction score
All I've been drinking the last 4 days is water, but I did have 1 glass of V8 last night (the good old fashion type).

Today I did my weight lifting, I was able to do 30 on each arm the first time then 10-15 the other times. I kept switching from different styles for different parts of my body.

I wasnt able to sit on the floor and do what I did yesterday because my stomach wasn't up for it. But I was able to put my feet under a dresser, lay on my bed and do it, still felt some pain but not alot. Did about 50 on my bed, then I did another 20 with 15 pound weight on me.

My arms kind of hurt but not "omg cant move them" I stop when I get to the point my arms cant pick up the weight then I switch to different style after a 30sec-1min rest. Because I'm using a different muscle it doesnt bother me to only wait a that short of a break.

I want to go running but gah >.< I dont wanna go outside to run. I may just go get my bike's tire fixed and ride bike. Or buy new inline skates and do that again (thats how I lost most my weight in first place).

BTW I'm only 17 years old, turning 18 in may. I'm hoping to be in better shape before start of June, which is when I plan to go to the beach. (Plan to meet a old friend from elementary school. She looks really good and I want to atleast have a flat stomach.)

Darkhearts
Loyal Member
Reaction score
All I've been drinking the last 4 days is water, but I did have 1 glass of V8 last night (the good old fashion type).

Today I did my weight lifting, I was able to do 30 on each arm the first time then 10-15 the other times. I kept switching from different styles for different parts of my body.

I wasnt able to sit on the floor and do what I did yesterday because my stomach wasn't up for it. But I was able to put my feet under a dresser, lay on my bed and do it, still felt some pain but not alot. Did about 50 on my bed, then I did another 20 with 15 pound weight on me.

My arms kind of hurt but not "omg cant move them" I stop when I get to the point my arms cant pick up the weight then I switch to different style after a 30sec-1min rest. Because I'm using a different muscle it doesnt bother me to only wait a that short of a break.

I want to go running but gah >.< I dont wanna go outside to run. I may just go get my bike's tire fixed and ride bike. Or buy new inline skates and do that again (thats how I lost most my weight in first place).

BTW I'm only 17 years old, turning 18 in may. I'm hoping to be in better shape before start of June, which is when I plan to go to the beach. (Plan to meet a old friend from elementary school. She looks really good and I want to atleast have a flat stomach.)

Reaction score
well i dunno bout anyone else here, but i never count how many reps i do simply because it limits me. its been proven that if you count how many your doing, your bodies "limit" will be reached on a multiple of 5 or 10 (ie you think you cant do more than 15/20/25/ect.).

iono, its some sort of psycho-numerological thing where your brain rounds it off to those numbers... i instead play a song while i workout, do 10 reps, then completely stop counting and concentrate on the lyrics of the song instead (or whatever else you want, this just occupies my mind and stops me form counting) and i just keep going until i physically cannot do anymore, then i count 10 more reps.

using this technique i've managed up to about 15 more reps than previously possible when i was counting (had someone watching me who counted).

Back