Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

aipolicy and NPC linking

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
hello,

I was checking the way the game is randomising the BH quest and it led me to aipolicy.data. I figured how it runs except for one operation, the one that checks if the NPC exists or not. The issue is that an NPC isn't like monsters, where they have the Strategy ID in "common strategy". Does anyone know how to link a Strategy to an NPC? Or how does it know what are the NPC IDs to verify(there are 28 Head Hunters)?

i am using 1.5.5 files

2zgGRhR - aipolicy and NPC linking - RaGEZONE Forums

patronum - aipolicy and NPC linking - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
To bind a monster to an NPC you use elements, you will need to create a monster (Take a guard for example).

ID: 3218 (Monster) is linked to Npc: 25478 (Guard),

Clone the monster if you don't know how to configure it, remove its aggression, and add aipolicy

patronum - aipolicy and NPC linking - RaGEZONE Forums

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
thanks @juninhobks for your reply, your answer wasn't quite clear but it gave me something to look for, the ID for the trigger in aipolicy is assigned for a mob, and that mob has a switch that controls it(spawning/removing the mob), that's how it works.

thank you very much.

Upvote 0
Back