Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

an inquiry about iPhone

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
hello there
I wanted to buy iphone 3Gs 8 gega
but the price in Egypt is abt 600 $ to 800 $
but in USA it is abt 200 $

so I have a frnd in USA and I will ask her to buy me a one cuz she is coming to Egypt

some say the difference in the prices due to customs
some say due to AT&T plans (I dunno abt it)
and others say if I buy it from USA it wont work in Egypt and will need to be decoded

can u help me plz and tell me what is the deal ?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The price is usually around $200 WITH a 2 year contract agreement.
To buy just the phone is $400-600.

You wont get a better price.

Stick to HTC phones, way better anyway.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
My friend is in USA. i'm gonna ask "him" to buy me one. because "she" is coming to egypt

Does that make sense?

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The price is usually around $200 WITH a 2 year contract agreement.
To buy just the phone is $400-600.

You wont get a better price.

Stick to HTC phones, way better anyway.
thx so much but still better than $600-800
can u suggest me a good HTC one

Does that make sense?
lol no it doesnt :p
edited it hehe thx

DO NOT do it. $200 from the USA includes a 24 month contract with them. As suggested, get something else.
thx Rishwin
but is there any phone have the multi touch property like iPhone

Last edited:
Vous Pas Reel
Loyal Member
Reaction score
what you plan on using your phone for? you could buy it or get any type of android phone.

Mythic Archon
Loyal Member
Reaction score
try buying a unlocked phone from e-bay

and activating it with your local phone company, just add the sim and it should work.

Alot of my friends have the iphone with Centenial and it works perfectly fine.

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Try the new droid and HTC Eris
it looks good
thx :D

what you plan on using your phone for? you could buy it or get any type of android phone.
internet-games
they say fifa is awesome on iPhone
abt the android i will consider it
thx

try buying a unlocked phone from e-bay

and activating it with your local phone company, just add the sim and it should work.

Alot of my friends have the iphone with Centenial and it works perfectly fine.
activating the sim is easy in unlocked phones ,thx for da advice

but i want to know can i buy locked one and unlock and activate it ?

Last edited:
Reaction score
it looks good
thx :D

internet-games
they say fifa is awesome on iPhone
abt the android i will consider it
thx

activating the sim is easy in unlocked phones ,thx for da advice

but i want to know can i buy locked one and unlock and activate it ?

Ummm if you are buying a phone just for internet gaming, i would STRONGLY re-think your situation, and if a phone is what you actually need.

30 Seconds.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Get a Samsung Star very cheap and allround good with some gimmicks in it.
Also touch screen and I believe the new version has wi-lan

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ummm if you are buying a phone just for internet gaming, i would STRONGLY re-think your situation, and if a phone is what you actually need.
internet (3g-wlan) -gaming
not internet gaming
and also a phone :p

thx Rishwin :)

Get a Samsung Star very cheap and allround good with some gimmicks in it.
Also touch screen and I believe the new version has wi-lan
yeah but it doesnt have 3G :S

Yeah,

Hope that helps.
thx for da help

so I will tell her to get me the iphone 3GS 16G (the one with carrier plans) then unlock and activate it here thx guys

Vous Pas Reel
Loyal Member
Reaction score
or you should check out the nokia n900 it is suppose to have full flash and java support, for online gaming.

Reaction score
internet (3g-wlan) -gaming
not internet gaming
and also a phone :p

thx Rishwin :)

yeah but it doesnt have 3G :S

thx for da help

so I will tell her to get me the iphone 3GS 16G (the one with carrier plans) then unlock and activate it here thx guys

Are you sure the network you will be using is compatible with the phone? There are many different standards used in different countries, you need to be careful that it will work.

Also, check with someone on the network you will be on for how good the 3G signal is. There is a good possibility there will be no 3G signal and it will have to go down to old standards anyway in the places you will be using it. My dad can barely get a 2G signal in our house, let alone 3G. If you can't use 3g 90% of the time when you would use it, there is no point buying a phone with it on.

Personally I think the iphone is completely over rated. I've tried a friends and it just wasn't that good. The internet speeds sucked, mostly due to not being on wifi, but then all wifi capable phones can do that just the same.

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
or you should check out the nokia n900 it is suppose to have full flash and java support, for online gaming.
I am so bored of nokia
thx :)

Are you sure the network you will be using is compatible with the phone? There are many different standards used in different countries, you need to be careful that it will work.

Also, check with someone on the network you will be on for how good the 3G signal is. There is a good possibility there will be no 3G signal and it will have to go down to old standards anyway in the places you will be using it. My dad can barely get a 2G signal in our house, let alone 3G. If you can't use 3g 90% of the time when you would use it, there is no point buying a phone with it on.

Personally I think the iphone is completely over rated. I've tried a friends and it just wasn't that good. The internet speeds sucked, mostly due to not being on wifi, but then all wifi capable phones can do that just the same.

yeah we have 3 networks which support 3G and 3.5G and support iphone
one of them is the famous vodafone
and all of the 3 networks sell the iphone
to buy iphone 3GS 16 gega from them will cost me $900-1000 or even more
the 3G 8 gega costs $500-700

and will have to unlock it if i changed the carrier,so I will get it from usa for $200

my friends have iphone and recommend it,also i tried it for a whole day and was awesome

thx robert for da help

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am so bored of nokia
thx :)

yeah we have 3 networks which support 3G and 3.5G and support iphone
one of them is the famous vodafone
and all of the 3 networks sell the iphone
to buy iphone 3GS 16 gega from them will cost me $900-1000 or even more
the 3G 8 gega costs $500-700

and will have to unlock it if i changed the carrier,so I will get it from usa for $200

my friends have iphone and recommend it,also i tried it for a whole day and was awesome

thx robert for da help

Foreign versions of phones aren't necessarily the same as yours. They can use different signals, America uses CDMA while Europe uses GSM. Make sure the phone you are getting uses the same standards otherwise it just won't work.

Also, it's not $200 from America. It's $200 plus $30 a month for 24 months contract. If you are going to unlock it, you will still need to pay for the contract. The phone is going to cost you $920 regardless of whether you use the free calls/texts, which you won't if you are going to import it. This is for the 16GB 3GS version, the 32GB one will cost $1020. They all require a $30/month 24month contract so the minimum you will be paying is $720.

Basically they have designed the system so that the price is similar in all countries. You need to check the small print regarding contacts.

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Foreign versions of phones aren't necessarily the same as yours. They can use different signals, America uses CDMA while Europe uses GSM. Make sure the phone you are getting uses the same standards otherwise it just won't work.

Also, it's not $200 from America. It's $200 plus $30 a month for 24 months contract. If you are going to unlock it, you will still need to pay for the contract. The phone is going to cost you $920 regardless of whether you use the free calls/texts, which you won't if you are going to import it. This is for the 16GB 3GS version, the 32GB one will cost $1020. They all require a $30/month 24month contract so the minimum you will be paying is $720.

Basically they have designed the system so that the price is similar in all countries. You need to check the small print regarding contacts.
oh I c :blink: ,this is bad info :(
thx Robert for da help

Back