Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Anti DDoS program / Code

Reaction score
I need a anti-DDoS program or code for my Website hosted on apache to minimize the attacks. I google'd long and found thing like:
Mod_Evasive etc but I couldn't find out how they worked..

I use Xampp btw;)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
buy some anti-ddos hardware.
if you are being ddosed then no webscripts will be able to minimize that attacks enough or at all and most of them can also be exploited against you.
as for mod-evasive i think i remember it's a plugin for php-nuke.

Reaction score
@jMerliN
What sort of server must I use to host a PHP website including connection to a MSSQL server:p

@heartbeat
I know you can't stop a DDoS but I just want to minimize it so much it can without spending much money:p Can you give me some links for what Hardware you mean?

Like a Router, Modem, Internet Card?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Here you go :
PHP:
http://www.fortguard.com/

♠NicK♠

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
But mostly DDOS hacker will use proxy , will be hard to trace them :):

♠NicK♠

Reaction score
Thanks Nick,

But like I said before I had google'd, I already had Fortguard for some weeks ago, but I don't see, why it's so expensive:'(

And the trial sux:p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks Nick,

But like I said before I had google'd, I already had Fortguard for some weeks ago, but I don't see, why it's so expensive:'(

And the trial sux:p
The price is high might be less anti-ddos protect seller :):

@jMerliN - how you know ?

♠NicK♠

Ginger by design.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Most ddos's are performed by bot networks (infected computers)

Bingo.

And there are other reasons why people don't use proxies or VPNs to perform DOS attacks. It comes down to ownership. It's almost certain that a legitimate proxy or network that you could gain access to via a proxy or VPN where you are permitted to do so will be limited to access defined by the provider, and this generally includes a termination of service (or legal action, depending) clause if one abuses the service to do anything construed as illegal by any cyber crime law. If you already own the network or proxy you're using, it is easily traced back to you by subpoenas to ISPs. And further, if you're using illegitimate proxies or networks, they're probably the result of bots and/or malware, almost always botnets which falls into this statement.

I'm still waiting for the NSA or CIA to become intelligent and reverse engineer these bots, set up honeypots that are intentionally infected to join the botnet, then either take over it (meh) or to log every request that comes through it and build a list of illegal activities being attempted (the clients are considered an ISP in this sense, so they are not at all liable for what the operator is doing with their computers), and then bust the people involved and charge them all with the violations which could land them 50+ years in jail with a few weeks of logging. Maybe they do, we just don't know about it until someone is taken down :eek:.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Bingo.

And there are other reasons why people don't use proxies or VPNs to perform DOS attacks. It comes down to ownership. It's almost certain that a legitimate proxy or network that you could gain access to via a proxy or VPN where you are permitted to do so will be limited to access defined by the provider, and this generally includes a termination of service (or legal action, depending) clause if one abuses the service to do anything construed as illegal by any cyber crime law. If you already own the network or proxy you're using, it is easily traced back to you by subpoenas to ISPs. And further, if you're using illegitimate proxies or networks, they're probably the result of bots and/or malware, almost always botnets which falls into this statement.

I'm still waiting for the NSA or CIA to become intelligent and reverse engineer these bots, set up honeypots that are intentionally infected to join the botnet, then either take over it (meh) or to log every request that comes through it and build a list of illegal activities being attempted (the clients are considered an ISP in this sense, so they are not at all liable for what the operator is doing with their computers), and then bust the people involved and charge them all with the violations which could land them 50+ years in jail with a few weeks of logging. Maybe they do, we just don't know about it until someone is taken down :eek:.
Oh i see , haha if wanted to ddos just steal some one wi-fi then :):

♠NicK♠

Back