Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Anyone can download frm this server?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@work
Reaction score
Well yes but i guess that we can run it in Ep IV ZS also as we ( i was running ep 5 client with ep 3 ZS ) and even now we are running Ep 5 client with Ep 4 ZS so ..............

I think ZoneAgent may be different

Goodbye
Loyal Member
Reaction score
From what I have understood, ZoneAgent is just the "traffic boy".

It routes requests to ZS,BS which are all considered ZONES, different zones are independent from each other and all ZoneAgent has to know is which ZONE is enabled and connected so that it routes requests to the appropriate zone.

From my very few experiments with 520-562 client there is a slight difference in the Login session negotiation. If you want to verify that, you can install Wireshark and start monitoring the "discussion" between A3 Client and Server. You will easily notice the difference in packets sent/received.

So if you are determined that 562 client worths the effort (which I don't) you can start from the loginserver and make sure that it sends back the correct packets. Unfortunately the source files (.pas & others) that you can find in the loginserver folder are not complete :(:

Once you have managed to make loginserver work properly you will get past the 1st obstacle and after successful login you will see the server selection list.

Just for the record there are various ways to do this, here are some of them:

a) Re-write the missing loginserver parts yourself :eek:tt1:
b) Debug loginserver and alter the packet sizes and data sent/received. :thumbdown:
c) Debug the client and modify the login negotiation function :lol:
d) Use Windows packet editor (wpepro.net) and modify the packets on the fly (That's what I would try first)

Maybe, AccountServer could play a part in this whole situation but I haven't even bothered to verify it.

With so many other problems like, Special Quests, Thol Tournament, OX Quiz, All-out-War, items that can't be spawned , Tower Event, etc. etc. and no one willing to help fix them, the 520-562 client is the last thing I would spend time on.

I wish there was no Real Cash involved with A3, otherwise things would be much easier for everyone.

Last edited:
@work
Reaction score
Good tutorial about client and server connectivity even first of it type :)

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back