Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Anyone here owned a domain and created a website?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Who here knows alot about buying a domain and creating a website?

I would really like to speak to you if you have time, please its important to me. :)

pm me if you can help and i will give you my msn or aim please, or we can just talk over pm. thank you

change my name already!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hmm i really dont think this is the right section for this.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok, maybe some people here can just answer some questions for me.

If you have ever bought a domain and webspace? where do you think it is the best place to buy it from and what kind of web hosting package would I need to start and if the traffic grows on the website how would I be able to upgrade the web hosting package?

And would I need other stuff like an SSL certificate?

Gold
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well, i own more than 5 sites.... But this is the wrong section.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, i own more than 5 sites.... But this is the wrong section.

Hey I'm sorry Jamie, I posted it here last night and it's still here, so I guess we can wait for it to be moved if its in the wrong section but now that you've said that can you post some information?

Gold
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ok. The hosting is on my mates VPS on which i own a reseller on it... The domain is from xeodomains.com (Really cheap prices) or i recommend dynadot.com is also good.
Btw, i sell hosting.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Jamie rips you off. :59:
Niorola, Multitude3, or Hostgator.

ThuGie.NL - Webmaster
Reaction score
Multitude3.com, Sucks :p,

I wanted to order a shoutcast package there 200 users @ 128kbps,
But it seems they limit you to 80gb month.. what isnt even close to being enough..
So you can stream 1 day and thats all..

Also somehow they think that video @ 128kbps takes up more traffic then audio @ 128kbps,
Meaning they dont know poop about what they are selling.
Also there website didnt mention anything about the 80gb cap.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help everyone, Should I register my domain name with godaddy for like $10 or netfirms for like $6 a year.

Gold
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help everyone, Should I register my domain name with godaddy for like $10 or netfirms for like $6 a year.
Get a domain with xeodomains.com! REALLY CHEAP!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Netfirms has better specs, better payment, better control panel, better customer service team and quick registration. I've always used netfirms.

Godaddy has always been a bit too "wow, we're big and awesome, we'll promise you love but give you painful sodomy, just because we can" kind of company. Too large.

Reaction score
I own like 3 or 4 sites dunno haha, some of my sites are hosting in a free acc in awardspace, but i brought my own webserver in sagonet, i'm waiting them yet =/

Ex-Mod
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I've used a few over the years.

I used to use directNIC or NICDirect or something for domains, but now I don't.

I personally use GoDaddy for domains. May not be the cheapest, but I use it.

I've used two paid companies:

Canaca
Netfirms

Well, Canaca's shared hosting is good. I used that first.

Site was down, year or two passed... then...

Netfirms had a promotion, $10 for one year of hosting. Got it, worked wonderful!!!

Now I have a VPS so I'm with Canaca again, and they have GREAT prices on VPS's, although they aren't as friendly as they could be.

For the VPS:
I run my own nameservers and such, and I have 7 IP's, 50GB of HD space, 1,200GB of bandwidth a month

Just works out for me.

Do some searching, I'm sure you'll find the right company.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I own a couple of sites, but there down, I'm gonna buy a dedi server, prolly a linux rack.

Back