Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Anyone willing to work on this again?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So I was basically bored and had nothing to do and I thought it might be interesting to try and experiment with the Ares client.

I basically made my own LoginServer for Ares which currently just sends the required packets to the client. This was fairly easy since apparently the Ares packets are pretty similar to Knight Online.

With this I managed to get paste the login screen and I'm now at the server list screen.

If anyone is still interested and has the necessary skills to help me we could maybe set this up..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So I got as far as the loading screen but it then it gets stuck at the end.
In the Ares logs it says:
"Zone data is null."

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So I was basically bored and had nothing to do and I thought it might be interesting to try and experiment with the Ares client.

I basically made my own LoginServer for Ares which currently just sends the required packets to the client. This was fairly easy since apparently the Ares packets are pretty similar to Knight Online.

With this I managed to get paste the login screen and I'm now at the server list screen.

If anyone is still interested and has the necessary skills to help me we could maybe set this up..

I want to join in your dev team

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is looking AWESOME, i don't think i'm experienced enough to help you out but count on me for whatever, if needed any financial support, i'm willing to put some in, this is gonna take you alot of time, or if you just rip off the repent database.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Does anyone know the default port for connecting to a Ares server? I believe all old Ares server had a single port for connecting to the actual game server, only the IP was different.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The game hasn't changed to much from Repent so saying that means Login Server will have it's own port. The Game server may have it's own port as well. The game was done like this that so they could make many game servers.

I have got Repent working but it mean's nothing for Ares as it is different with entire login process.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah, right now im looking at the Korean packets to get the Ares client working.

I got my login, server list and characters working but it doesn't get past the loading screen(this is totally different than the video I posted earlier in this thread). But again it gets stuck at the end of the loading screen where the Log.txt says 'Zone data is null'.

If someone is maybe willing to go trough the Ares client in a debugger and see which packet it requests I could maybe get this working..
Most of the Packet opcode's I got from debugging the client itself but I haven't found the Zone packet yet...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
yeah I have seen that you get to that point. I can give a quick hand to locate a fix for the error, You would need to explain to me the server and Ares client process and pm me some files. Other then that I have repent up and running, working in a very stable condition.

It's just translating that is annoying, Good rewards from it though.

Chris.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Can anyone actually provide the server files? I think I know someone who may be able to work on this, if someone can give me a working link.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
any progress? I never tried it before but I think I am going to give it a shoot too.

Back