Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Are there any C based sources?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I failed a C course in CS and my understanding is that C is a prehistoric language that is complicated to use in a sense.

So I thought If I could code in a C based source then I would be even better off than other languages I see?
What do you guys think? What alternatives to C based source should I learn if there are no C based sources?

thanks.

I don't think there's any C based source unless someone knows. I decided to start a v83 c++ based source called xanadu since that came up pretty quick in my search for c sources.

if anyone knows any C based source, still, let me know. I'm doing this to learn and get better at coding. might do C# and Java later on, though I've already delved into maplesotry Java based sources since I was a child (nothing serious though)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I failed a C course in CS and my understanding is that C is a prehistoric language that is complicated to use in a sense.

So I thought If I could code in a C based source then I would be even better off than other languages I see?
What do you guys think? What alternatives to C based source should I learn if there are no C based sources?

thanks.

I don't think there's any C based source unless someone knows. I decided to start a v83 c++ based source called xanadu since that came up pretty quick in my search for c sources.

if anyone knows any C based source, still, let me know. I'm doing this to learn and get better at coding. might do C# and Java later on, though I've already delved into maplesotry Java based sources since I was a child (nothing serious though)
I don't think there's much merits to making an server emulator in C over C++. It's not a minor amount of work, as you'd essentially be recreating an entire network framework from scratch. To be honest, what's really worth learning in server emulation in my personal opinion is writing good architecture and easily extendable/flexible code that is robust. I think for this purpose C# and Kotlin are both excellent languages that can really help you focus on that, rather than worrying about some random NULL pointer exception/segmentation fault/out of bound error etc. If you really want to go low-level, I'd recommend Rust(C++ is also good) which I've been recently learning and writing my own multi-threaded file manager for a different game. Since Rust does alot of error-checking in compile-time which I think is pretty cool and it's still low-level, so it's not slower than C/C++ or any other compiled languages in comparison.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you really want a C/C++ server which is based on official-like architecture, here is my project: albet not 100% complete.
This is majorly by the reverse engineering of leaked official server files and I did my best to make it similar to the official server as much as possible and I replaced some old school and platform dependent stuffs with modern ones. Since it's a emulator of commercial servers it's a little bit complex to understand the architecture, for example it's fully distributable among different machines but that's based on some extra networking related works.

Note that I don't make all npc/field/portal scripts public because most of them are converted from the official lua-like scripts thus meaning that you can make those scripts working on your own (I've provided some example scripts there).

Recently I have no plan to continue working on it since I have some works to do but it's so far playable and if you want to dig into some C++ stuffs such as asio/async/script then you can take it as a referral.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you really want a C/C++ server which is based on official-like architecture, here is my project: albet not 100% complete.
This is majorly by the reverse engineering of leaked official server files and I did my best to make it similar to the official server as much as possible and I replaced some old school and platform dependent stuffs with modern ones. Since it's a emulator of commercial servers it's a little bit complex to understand the architecture, for example it's fully distributable among different machines but that's based on some extra networking related works.

Note that I don't make all npc/field/portal scripts public because most of them are converted from the official lua-like scripts thus meaning that you can make those scripts working on your own (I've provided some example scripts there).

Recently I have no plan to continue working on it since I have some works to do but it's so far playable and if you want to dig into some C++ stuffs such as asio/async/script then you can take it as a referral.

As someone somewhat new to the C environments (if this makes sense) I have a hard time setting up the IDE (visual studio 2015 w/ update 3) to rebuild the source without getting a bunch of errors.

I've tried to follow xanadu's guide by trying to build pocco libraries n such with no success, so I switched to your source and obviously this won't help since I don't know how to setup the IDE to build without errors and include c++ libraries

can you make a detailed guide on setting up the IDE and libraries please? this is the one thing that is off-putting to me, I can't start anything without being able to setup the environment and build...
you can see my build error
3Dr2Q92 - Are there any C based sources? - RaGEZONE Forums

the error looks fairly simple to spot, that being odd characters which you can see a lot in this header file warriorskills.h
I searched up the skill id and it doesn't seem to exist and there doesn't seem to be any hero skill between brandish and enrage...

I just // that line //static const int Hero_­°Å]±Ù = 1121009; //

now i'm getting new errors after rebuild

O2ViJ - Are there any C based sources? - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
There is a build guide in the git repo README. From the screenshots it's obviously that you failed to link some precompiled libraries I provided.

Upvote 0
Back