Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Bandwidth usage

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello folks!
I need to know aprox. the servers bandwith usage cuz the datacenter need that info so they can allocate my server.
If you can tell me how much players/transfer rate/transfer data your server is having/using it would be of great help!

Thanks in advance! :thumbup:

Robb
Loyal Member
Reaction score
wow.

ok, well bandwidth basicaly increases as your players increase

it could be anything depending on how many players you get... ^^

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello folks!
I need to know aprox. the servers bandwith usage cuz the datacenter need that info so they can allocate my server.
If you can tell me how much players/transfer rate/transfer data your server is having/using it would be of great help!

Thanks in advance! :thumbup:

Just a quick snippet... 40 people online, less then 5k of bandwidth used up/down. I know servers that run on DSL 1.5/256k and host a 1000 players at once. It's laggy, I am QUITE sure.

Consider this. Half Life 2 requires a minimum of 3k bps per player. On a T1 with 3k you could host about 85 players. PW Requires much less and on a T1 you could host maybe 500-1000 comfortably without too much lag. Depends on whether you host your patch site/download site on the same server.

I ran, 16 Left4Dead2 Servers(16x8players), 8 Left4Dead Servers(8x8players), a ZPS server(24 players), TF2 server(24 players) and HL2DM(24 players). The left4Dead servers were constantly full. My PW users never even noticed the lag. I have a 20m/6m pipeline for my connection.

V

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thank you very much! that was what i needed!

ps.: sry bout my english xD

Back