Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Becoming a Dev.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
kudos to you.
master C++, you will see why in the future.

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
In my opnion, start with C/C++ is a bad deal, C is a really complex language and C++ is not that complex bu also, to make something bigger you need to learn some complex things.

I started at school with algorithm(on paper), then a simple algorithm compiler(from what I remember it supported just input/output and some math), later I started with pascal. The other year I had C++, delphi and visual basic(a pretty easy language but I dont like it :() and the last year I had some more C++ and a little(almost nothing) about php.

My suggestion is to learn programming logic, language syntax dont differ much from one another.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
BBim, I iz smart.
No needz to worryz abouts learnings progamming logicz!

So sorryz xD
Nah really...

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
BBim, I iz smart.
No needz to worryz abouts learnings progamming logicz!

So sorryz xD
Nah really...

I started with M$ Visual Basic, but it stopped working. So I switched to Delphi; The language which is said to be as powerfull as C++, and as simple as VB. BUT WAIT! DERES MOAR! VB is known (and flammed) for not having semi-colons at the end of each code, which gives bad coding habbits (Trust me), BUT, Delphi: HAZ IT! :D

How to show a message box in delphi:

ShowMessage('Hello, world!');

Easy as cake.

What can you do in Delphi?

Well.. Kinda everything, too. Databases, networking, VoIP, pretty much everything. TeamSpeak was coded in Delphi. CheatEngine was coded in Delphi. I just love Delphi so much. xD
My buddy Nanoman, coded a MU Online Emulator in Delphi. He also coded his own packet sniffer to help him.. In DELPHI! xD

Again, that was just me, aight?

0ot,

- Jeff

FlameShield.Enabled := True;

... Yeah, that was Delphi, too. ;]

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Google does wonders, everything I know I learned from google, and trial and error.

Back