Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Best GM tool

Sai

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
sh1ny said:
hmm is there a way to reset configuartion after you successfully added it once ? I.E. the mssql ip, user and pass ? I want to change the server that this tool connects to.

(RUN) --> regedit.exe -->

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Redmoon_As

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
sh1ny said:
hmm is there a way to reset configuartion after you successfully added it once ? I.E. the mssql ip, user and pass ? I want to change the server that this tool connects to.

Not yet currently, but there will be soon within a few days along with alot of other nice changes/updates.

*edit* Sai beat me to it, didn't even think about that. :) But there will be an easier way soon. :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hmm second problem - on 4.4 server it only shows the Database part of the menu. On 3.8 server ( DB i mean ) it shows the stuff correctly. Any ideas.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
how do you use it? mine says cannot connect if i put in my info and if i leave it ot trys to connect but just sits there...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
mirror link worked . . but try as i may .. the download tho compete ends up corrupted when expanging it .. anyone else have this prob ?

Guess I'll wait for the re-write ...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
sorry bout the typos .. t'is what happens when someone spills coke on your keyboard ...
doh

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
yeh the mirror download is about 1mb smaller than it should be.
you have to get it from the original site ;)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
can someone please help me use this... it seems very useful and i'd like to be able to use it. i want to know why now when i open it it say loading for like 10 minutes then nothing... my computer says its being dumb and closes it.

D

Dhunter

I need help with GMTool also, can someone explain how to use it?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i still end up with a .puf file .. whats the scoop on this util .. what am I missing here

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok .. I finally downloaded successfully .. implemented it and this is what I get now ...
I'm running 4.4 maybe thats the problem and fix is not out yet...
Error Login Failure for user "RMGS"

Now when I ran the config it came with that default in it as the user with a complex password and it refused to connect to the dbase. I"m running SQL EVAL .. and i got it to work by running the config and editing the dbase to sa and blank password since through the install I had not configured it for one since it's home use ..
Once that got applied it seems the GM Tool became active .. and I could see the Flow Tree in it showing my dbase and it being attached ...
However when I run the actual utility and state to make a change it comes back with
Error Login failure for user "RMGS"

Does anyone know where this is being called from .. as redmoon_as had different info in it ..

Tx for anyhelp .. the util does look like it could be very useful ..

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Received some info on my issue:

I copied the LocalAddLogin.cmd file from the 3.8/9 server folder and replaced it in my 4.4 folder. It appears that the 3.8/9 file has the correct user name and password to allow the gmtool to login ...

Apparently my problem getting the utility to connect was wrong username and password in the localaddlogin.cmd file

So now the util works ... actually connects into the RM dbase ... and even informs you that when you give an item to a character that the database is updated successfully.

However .. it does not transfer the item to the character .. supposedly it sticks it in the first slot in your F3 window ... even if there is something in it .. just supposed to stack the items.
But nothing ever shows up ...

any ideas ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can I get a direct link to download the GMTool? Takes me to some site where I guess I have to sign up and I cant translate it so I dont understand it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
In my experience the best GM tool is one you build yourself. If you don't understand how a database works and how to manipulate the data and structure of the redmoon database your going to have a hard time getting a redmoon server running.

However if your looking for a gm tool I believe some of the Redmoon server downloads on this forum include the Redmoon_AS GMTool which most people who don't know how to build their own use.

Back