Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

BNS 2020 Server VM + Client (Simple Installation)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thanks for setting this up. I will be attempting to download the client today, if anyone could seed I would be greatful. :)
I Periodically Sit on the Distribution every Day... If it doesn't Download from You, Try a Proxy or VPN...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I got it downloaded now thanks!! I tried to set up the server, does it work on the same PC host and VM? I set the IP same as my 2017 version, to the vmnet1 -1 IP. I followed all steps in the readme on 2020 changing the INI and XML, including the change in DBO (which oddly adds 2 spaces at the end of IP addy not sure if this is the issue), but the C:\BNS-Server\StServers\Service.RB --Start file won't start successfully. The log reports.
2023-11-24T07:02:49.629+03:00 [SpawnSrv:pORTALDEV:3350] Log Opened [64-bit]
2023-11-24T07:02:49.629+03:00 [SpawnSrv:pORTALDEV:3350] Error SpawnSrv: no servers found in config file (SpawnSrv)

Sorry for the trouble but if you have any ideas?

EDIT: Actually hold on, it seems I have missed a number at the end when doing the replace....idiot me

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I got it downloaded now thanks!! I tried to set up the server, does it work on the same PC host and VM? I set the IP same as my 2017 version, to the vmnet1 -1 IP. I followed all steps in the readme on 2020 changing the INI and XML, including the change in DBO (which oddly adds 2 spaces at the end of IP addy not sure if this is the issue), but the C:\BNS-Server\StServers\Service.RB --Start file won't start successfully. The log reports.
2023-11-24T07:02:49.629+03:00 [SpawnSrv:pORTALDEV:3350] Log Opened [64-bit]
2023-11-24T07:02:49.629+03:00 [SpawnSrv:pORTALDEV:3350] Error SpawnSrv: no servers found in config file (SpawnSrv)

Sorry for the trouble but if you have any ideas?

EDIT: Actually hold on, it seems I have missed a number at the end when doing the replace....idiot me
To be Honest, I didn't Quite Understand the Situation and Your Question, so I can Hardly Help...
First of All, You Need to Start My Virtual Machine and make Sure that the Internet is Working There, only after that Configure the Server to the IP-Address that is Installed on the Virtual Machine...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I am so sorry. I will state the human errors I made in case it is useful for anyone else.

- Editing IP in SQL Database. It says to replace twice. Working in a small window it did not show the column to the right with a second IP to update, the instruction I misread was to replace the same column twice, so I was in error.
- Mistype in my new IP when replacing INI and XML.

Apps-State is now loading.
TLDR: Work in full-screen widescreen mode.
It's starting up now so I think I'm good from here!

It works great thanks so much. I see there are many costumes, is there a way to put everything in the cash shop or look up the item to send using Laragon which is present on the server. Your guidance appreciated.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I am so sorry. I will state the human errors I made in case it is useful for anyone else.

- Editing IP in SQL Database. It says to replace twice. Working in a small window it did not show the column to the right with a second IP to update, the instruction I misread was to replace the same column twice, so I was in error.
- Mistype in my new IP when replacing INI and XML.

Apps-State is now loading.
TLDR: Work in full-screen widescreen mode.
It's starting up now so I think I'm good from here!

It works great thanks so much. I see there are many costumes, is there a way to put everything in the cash shop or look up the item to send using Laragon which is present on the server. Your guidance appreciated.
I'm Glad that EveryThing Worked for You...
It Seems that There is a Laragon in the Server Folder, but I didn't Use It...
As for Setting Up the Store, this is a very Complicated Process... Its Settings are Registered in the DataBase, but It is Very Difficult to Understand There...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I tried looking for the itemIDs for the costumes, I located them in the costume data file but it is difficult to align them with the names in game when previewing as they are called costume001 etc in the xml. All good though, thanks for your help, appreciate it :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Keep in mind that the exact steps and methods depend on your game's database structure and how it handles items and the cash store. Also always check everything before you because it's easy to make mistakes here. Be careful, back up before making major changes, and consult the documentation or community resources associated with your particular game server.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I apologise my previous post came off quite greedy. The client is very nice, I just added the eng maps and voice pack and am ready to go. There should be a lot of costumes in game anyway because this version has a lot of content so I am very happy. Thank you paradox hacker!

Reaction score
I stuck at the main story quest in chapter 6 "Hide and Seek" where I am asked to walk up a wall in a secret passage but I don't have the skill 'Wall climb' to proceed. In order to have that skill, it requires an item "Serpent calling bell" to complete a side quest to unlock it. I tried to use "Send item" to find that item but couldn't find it either. Does somebody find another way to go through this quest?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I stuck at the main story quest in chapter 6 "Hide and Seek" where I am asked to walk up a wall in a secret passage but I don't have the skill 'Wall climb' to proceed. In order to have that skill, it requires an item "Serpent calling bell" to complete a side quest to unlock it. I tried to use "Send item" to find that item but couldn't find it either. Does somebody find another way to go through this quest?
In the Main Post There is an Instruction on How to Get Some Game Items... There, as far as I Remember, There is This Bell...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
1702490998485 - BNS 2020 Server VM + Client (Simple Installation) - RaGEZONE Forums

What happened? I have installed ODBC Driver v13 and v17 SQL Server. StServers is running normally. it's just that the server part doesn't work

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So I did everything as specified in the readme file; everything works fine EXCEPT the Client... Maybe like 5 minutes after logging in, it disconnects, without fail, with the same three error codes:

- SystemErr - (1000 : Disconnected from the server)
- NetworkErr - (132)
- WSALastErr - (10,054)

What gives? Why does it keep kicking me so consistently?
ParadoxHacker - BNS 2020 Server VM + Client (Simple Installation) - RaGEZONE Forums

EDIT:

So it turns out this is actually just an issue with BNS on UE3. I haven't had the chance to test it, will update this post when I do, but if you're having the same issue try the following:

- Run the Client as admin. To do this, go to the Client exe, right click it, Properties, Compatibility, and check Run this program as an administrator.
- If you've gone and set a static IP on your computer (NOT the VM), try changing your prefered DNS servers. Google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.4.4.8 worked for me, though I plan to try others for obvious privacy reasons.
- If literally all else fails, open an elevated command prompt (Run as admin) and type "netsh int ip reset" into the terminal without the quotes and hit enter. Once done, close the prompt and restart your computer.

Hope this helps someone; bit of a sloppy tutorial I know but if need be I'll make a new thread as a tutorial.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
ParadoxHacker Hi there, thx for sharing this Awesome game client and server files and sorry for such silly question but do you where i can find Hongmoon Shop (NCcoin Currency Shop) Database in the SQL at server side for Editing/Adding new items and stuffs in the Shop?!

I'll probably need to experiment it a bit and share the progress here for anyone else's convenience in near future for this release specifically. :cool:

Back