Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

brain rules

Reaction score
Wow, now this is pretty damn interesting, you know, i have always wondered how the brain works, how life works, i was talking to friends about it, really strange how we can control ourselves from 1 simple thing. The Brain.

-Joe

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Wow this is really interesting. The things he says are basic but we forget about them and mostly they are true... I wish my employer would see the movie or read the book lol.

Thanks for the link!

- Captain Scrat

Reaction score
I love this sort of stuff. I was a Psychology major for two years before realizing that I'd have to get a P.H.D. to do anything with it.

Though I changed majors and am now in the music industry, I still regularly read up on how the brain works. It's pretty amazing how much we don't know about it. The geniuses of the world only use about 14% of their brains.... Just imagine what we could do if we figured out how to use 100% of it. The possibilities would be endless.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I love this sort of stuff. I was a Psychology major for two years before realizing that I'd have to get a P.H.D. to do anything with it.

Though I changed majors and am now in the music industry, I still regularly read up on how the brain works. It's pretty amazing how much we don't know about it. The geniuses of the world only use about 14% of their brains.... Just imagine what we could do if we figured out how to use 100% of it. The possibilities would be endless.

Wait. You majored in psychology for 2 years, you read regularly about how the brain works... And you still believe in that old "we only use xx% of our brain" myth?

No offence but how is that even possible?

Reaction score
No offence but how is that even possible?

Technically the brain works at 100% but maximizing what it does is a completely story.

Back in 1920 is when the 10% figure came out, and now days people say it's around 70%. There are countless schools sayings it is this figure or that figure. But in reality there is absolutely no way of knowing how much we actually use/control.

In my studies and research I believe that it's in the 14-20% range of being able to maximize what the brain does.

So that's how it's possible, and I would appreciate it if you would stop trying to put down every Ducking post I make. If you have a problem with me PM me.

Last edited:
HAARP
Reaction score
I guess what he meant is that even though there are many scientists studying how the brain works at 100% of their brain capacity, we only know about 14% (citation needed) of it.

I read the article and it's interesting to know that boys inherit most of their genes from the mother.

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

Wow, now this is pretty damn interesting, you know, i have always wondered how the brain works, how life works, i was talking to friends about it, really strange how we can control ourselves from 1 simple thing. The Brain.

-Joe

The brain is actually, very very , very very, very complex.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yes coming from you the world now knows the truth.

Why didn't people just ask you instead of spending billions on research.

They did spend billions on research. They found out we use 100% of our brains.

It's a myth, dude. All of the brain gets used.

Reaction score
Yes that is two articles which both state that the brain is NOT being used 100% of the time. It's on but not being used. Plus like I said a few posts back there are thousands of schools of thought with different labs posting different results.

You could post 100 links proving your side, and I can post 100 more proving my side.

I'm not trying to say you are wrong, I'm just trying to defend that I'm not wrong either. There is NO WAY of knowing for sure what is going on in the brain.

Reaction score
They did spend billions on research. They found out we use 100% of our brains.

It's a myth, dude. All of the brain gets used.

You have no idea how often I have to correct people irl about that.

He's right DaCheat. We use all of our brain as each bit does a different function. It's not like we have the need to use every brain cell at the same time, that would be rather stupid.

What makes a genius a genius, is HOW their brain is connected and how they think. Now what is being used inside it, or how large it is for that matter.

Reaction score
Which is what I've been saying this whole time... Portions of the brain remain dormant until the need comes to where they need to function.

and yet you said 10%.

Seriously if you used 100% of your brain ALL the time it would most likely burn itself out very fast. Not to mention use a lot more energy. Why would you need the memory section and speech sections functioning at their max capacity while sleep? exercising? Humans generally only do a couple of things at once. Using your entire brain to do them wouldn't make you better at it, it would probably detract from what you're trying to do imo. But then we don't really know that since no one can do it...

I still stand by my statement that using all of your brain all the time would reduce it's life expectancy. On the other hand if it's normally our body that dies before our brain maybe we could stand to loose some of that extra time? But I guess it would be the brain cells that die, and the longer we have it working 100% the stupider we get? IDK

Regardless, we don't use a fix % of our brains. We use a section depending on what task we are doing. Sure there are most likely sections of our brain that go unused entirely, but that's because of evolution and it's likely even if we could use them they wouldn't provide anything new.

Back