Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Budget 6000$ PC IDEAS

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Right now I have wrote down alot of things I got on my list my PC will be based of SLI ready technoligy and will be on a budget of 6000$ so far I got the following on my list.

790i Ultra SLI ready motherboard 400$
Liquid cooling kit (thermalake) 250$
Intel Quad core extreme 1,400$
RAM 1GB 2000MHz SLI ready DDR3(comes in packs of 2) 465$
or
RAM 2GB 1333MHz DDR3 164$ ea
9800GTx3 Video card SLI ready 1,600$
Black case with smoked acrylic paint with side view 90$
4x120mm Blue Led fans 50$
1500W Power supply or 2000W 300$

Total = 5,211
so arround 6grand is it worth it?

Anyone got a better Idea? Also I overclock my rigs alot It's for crysis this machine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
imo no-one needs to reply to this, its a stupidly huge budget that's probably fictional if you want to get responses from people who could actually help i suggest you lower your budget and start learning the value of money

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm sorry I like to overclock the poop out of my PC's.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
my point still stands you are wasting a considerable amount of money as well as our time

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm getting opinions don't worry about the cost that's my worry I have the money and I make money so there's no worry and besides my dad works at microsoft security and hacking foundation. I'm just looking for a nice rig and if you had any task you'd understand but seeing how you lack probably so much information on overclocking your pretty much dumb to post here...

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Right now I have wrote down alot of things I got on my list my PC will be based of SLI ready technoligy and will be on a budget of 6000$ so far I got the following on my list.

790i Ultra SLI ready motherboard 400$
Liquid cooling kit (thermalake) 250$
Intel Quad core extreme 1,400$
RAM 1GB 2000MHz SLI ready DDR3(comes in packs of 2) 465$
or
RAM 2GB 1333MHz DDR3 164$ ea
9800GTx3 Video card SLI ready 1,600$
Black case with smoked acrylic paint with side view 90$
4x120mm Blue Led fans 50$
1500W Power supply or 2000W 300$

Total = 5,211
so arround 6grand is it worth it?

Anyone got a better Idea? Also I overclock my rigs alot It's for crysis this machine.

1. 2GB RAM in that system is underkill
2. You're saying that three 9800GT's are 1,6k, and that makes one 9800GT 533$. You could get three GTX280's for 1,6k.
3. SLI Ready ram has nothing to do with SLI itself, it's just a technique that configures your ram for the best settings, like E.P.P.
4. You're the one that lacks knowledge, I hope you blow up your fantasy rig with the overclocking.

Mythic Archon
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That should cost about $800. Not 5000. >.>

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
DaOdin are you bright just the extreme quad core cost 1 grand.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1. 2GB RAM in that system is underkill
2. You're saying that three 9800GT's are 1,6k, and that makes one 9800GT 533$. You could get three GTX280's for 1,6k.
3. SLI Ready ram has nothing to do with SLI itself, it's just a technique that configures your ram for the best settings, like E.P.P.
4. You're the one that lacks knowledge, I hope you blow up your fantasy rig with the overclocking.

Sorry I havn't built a PC with SLI so I'm not so sure if it's overclockable because I use liquid nitrogen with my liquid cooling kit and all my tubing is setup not to freeze under high temperatures and I use this substance in my resovior so that it does not get to cold.

The ram was not coming with just 1 stick I meant 4 sticks so the SLI would be 4gb each at 2000MHz and the other be at 8GB 1333MHz.

I'm not stupid just sometimes I don't make sense and coming from a mod that's sad?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
lock?

I'm just building a rig why does everyone FLAME FOR POSTS?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Because you aren't building a rig at all. From your other posts it's clear your not the brightest of the bunch so I highly doubt you have a $6000 budget, you believe SLI is for overclocking and you think you can put liquid nitrogen in a watercooling loop.

You do realise how much liquid nitrogen costs, yeah? And the fact that you have to top it up every few minutes right?

Seriously, stop wasting our time and get the duck out, if I was still a mod you'd be infracted for wasting everyone's time. You're also the kind of person that makes me rarely post in this forum anymore.

EDIT: Just saw another one of your posts, dual motherboard setup, ahahhahaha.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Acually SLI no why would I overclock it? it's already set to be overclocked when you activate it in your MB through BIOS. I'm not no poor as kid I got a job I been saving for 5 months now and finally have enough so don't come down on my parade...

EVERYONE WITH 500+ post always flame BECAUSE THEY SUCK and want more posts you know what STFU atleast I'm going somewhere in life...

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
yeah you're gonna go far by spending all your money on stuff you know nothing about

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I knew a bit about SLI I was making sure what I was reading and being told was true and it is. My dad is telling me to google SLI because he knows alot about it but he told me just to google it ... He helps me with alot of things so stop flaming.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Acually SLI no why would I overclock it? it's already set to be overclocked when you activate it in your MB through BIOS. I'm not no poor as kid I got a job I been saving for 5 months now and finally have enough so don't come down on my parade...

Ahahahahhahaha.

EVERYONE WITH 500+ post always flame BECAUSE THEY SUCK and want more posts you know what STFU atleast I'm going somewhere in life...

Yeah, because I wasn't a moderator of the very section that you're posting in, which means I clearly know nothing about the topic of computers

Ohgodhowdidigethereiamnotgoodwithcompootar

Reaction score
If he told you to google it, why aren't you on google?

It would be much easier for you to search for it than getting us to search for it and copy and paste for you to read.

Reaction score
This guy is a moron, he has no idea about PC's, he has no idea about SLI, and he claims to be able to sell this PC for $15,000.

Infracted for spamming and wasting our time, but kept open cos i would REALLY like to hear what he has to say about this.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This guy is a moron, he has no idea about PC's, he has no idea about SLI, and he claims to be able to sell this PC for $15,000.

Infracted for spamming and wasting our time, but kept open cos i would REALLY like to hear what he has to say about this.

WTF this PC I wasn't selling I was hearing how you can double up your motherboards from a friend of mine accross the hall from me stop BEING A Ducking stick TO ME.

Back