• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Budget] Best Gaming Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

NTV

Anime Network
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It can be desktop or laptop as long as its the best I can get out of my budget.

But I do prefer a laptop.

I can make about $400-1500.

I prefer the cheapest and the most I can get.

I will be playing Starcraft II and many other fps games on it.

Starcraft II requires a good graphic card too also, I will be running stream, fraps, Mozilla, groove shark, and macro program simultaneously. I prefer that it will not lag.

I've searched for hours and came up with Asus Gaming Laptop however its very expensive.

Also, I'm not good at building custom computers...

Reaction score

If you prefer a laptop and want the best performance for the best price, the ASUS G73JH is an amazing machine @ $900.

Intel Core i7-740QM 1.73GHz (2.95GHz Turbo Boost) Quad-Core with Hyperthreading
6GB DDR3 1066MHz
1GB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870
640GB 7,200RPM HDD (and a spare slot for a 2nd HDD)
17.3" 1600 x 900 LED Backlight
LED Backlit keyboard
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

It has been discontinued so it can only be purchased as refurbished, but it still has 3 months of warranty and the refurbished models have many issues already fixed.

I have had one for a month now and could not recommend it more.

Last edited:
Reactions: NTV

NTV

Anime Network
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'll consider it. If there is anything better its okay if its a desktop as long as it shows that it has more better specs.

Thanks looking forward to more I will be researching for 2 weeks before making up my decision because it is a lot of money for me.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Desktop-wise, I'd suggest you go with the HP Pavilion Elite HPE-580t. It starts at 1,000 bucks, but for that you get a quad-core i7 950, 9gb of RAM, 1.5TB hard drive, and an AMD Radeon HD 6450. But if you want to throw in another 130 bucks, you can get a NVIDIA GTX 460 instead, which is more than enough to power any game. My friend has this computer, and he couldn't be more happy with it.

You could also pay a visit to ibuypower or CyberPower PC, and although you CAN build a PC from the ground up, they also have their own custom computers to buy straight as well. You can get some pretty good stuff from around 900-1400 dollars there.

*Sorry for that quadruple post. Screen froze and I mashed the post button :\

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'll consider it. If there is anything better its okay if its a desktop as long as it shows that it has more better specs.

Thanks looking forward to more I will be researching for 2 weeks before making up my decision because it is a lot of money for me.

Well this is the best 'Bang-for-Buck' build currently available, i just pasted this from the PC Buying Guide. If you want the absolute best performance for the absolute best price, this is it.

Best 'Bang-for-Buck' Build

NZXT Phantom PHAN-001WT White Steel - $140.00

SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6950 2GB - $263.00

CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-750HX 750W - $140.00

CORSAIR DOMINATOR 8GB (4 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 (7-8-7-20 Timings) - x2 = $166.00

ASUS P8P67 PRO LGA 1155 Intel P67 - $180.00

Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) 6MB L3 Cache - $225.00

CORSAIR H50 CPU Water Cooler - $71.50

OCZ Vertex 2 OCZ Solid State Drive 2.5" 60GB - $110.00

Total cost = $1,295.50

Last edited:

NTV

Anime Network
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Wow Rishwin if I can give you more likes I would.

This is incredibly helpful.

If I can build my own computer I would. I'll try to learn how to build computers so I can save a lot bucks and get the best specs. Also thanks for attaching links from Newegg!

Reaction score
No probs, like i said i just pasted it from the 'PC Buying Guide' sticky so it's no biggie :p

If you have no confidence in building it yourself, order the parts online and get your local PC store to build it for you. They shouldn't charge you more than $50-100, and some of them will even include their own warranty for building it.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
alienware!

inb4 trolls on /g/ see this

Reaction score
I would go for alienware, but I think I can get better specs if I get a custom built for a better price too.

Most definitely. Their laptops are actually really good, but their desktops are overpriced and under-perform. They tend to go for entry-level high-end components which give a better appearance but a bad performance-to-price ratio.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
With Alienware, I can upgrade my ram by 6GB for the small price of 1200 USD! What a deal!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Don't go for AlienWare. Its not the same as it use to be. Back before they were bought out by DELL they use to build top notch machines made to perform. Now days all they sell is re-branded overpriced DELL poop (Yes DELL makes some of the worst machines). Go for a custom build if you decide to get a desktop, Newegg is your friend. If you go for a laptop be very cautious about brands and models. If you need any help let me know, because there is no "guide" to buying computer equipment as the technology changes along with the hardware practically weekly.

-War

NTV

Anime Network
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys I will be closing this thread since I have enough information.

Thank you Rishwin and everyone that helped in this thread :)

Appreciate your time and support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back