Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[C#] CefSharp - Submit POST request via browser

Reaction score
I am using

Does anyone know of a way to submit a custom POST request via the browser? I don't have any code examples and I can't seem to find anything in the classes for CefSharp that can do this. Heres what I'm wanting:

1. User loads a page via the browser embedded in to a WinForms app
  2. User clicks a button outside of the browser control. The button takes the username and other profile information that was entered in to the application and saved locally.
  3. Application forms a POST request with the users profile information, then submits the data via POST to via the browser control, simulating user activity such as how a bot would act.
  4. Results of the POST request are loaded as a page within the CefSharp browser.

I'm not trying to save profile information but this is the best way I can explain what I'm trying to do. I can easily do this via a HTTP request in code, but I need the visible results shown to the user as well as authentication prior to the user submitting the data.

I know its kind of vague and a long shot but I've hit a roadblock looking in to it. If anyone has any suggestions at all, they would be much appreciated.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
CefBrowser doesn't appear to be available in CefSharp. I can't seem to find any documentation for this relevant to using CEF with C#.

There is no documentation for CefSharp. And it doesn't look like it exposes much of Cef except for the browser itself. There are a lot of events you might be able to hook into to inject requests, but it doesn't look like CefSharp will let you send arbitrary requests from the browser control.

Reaction score
There is no documentation for CefSharp. And it doesn't look like it exposes much of Cef except for the browser itself. There are a lot of events you might be able to hook into to inject requests, but it doesn't look like CefSharp will let you send arbitrary requests from the browser control.

Seems to be that way. CefSharp for WinForms appears to be using cef1. I may need to switch back to C++ so I can use the full framework and utilize cef3, as I don't really want to use WPF.

Oh well, thanks for the help bud.

Back