Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[C#] Chat system

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If someone has any spear time can they code a simple chatting system? That you can just put your IP address in it and then it will automatically connect to the other clients computer and wouldn't need to open ports?

I have been trying to get my own code to work, it will never actually work without me having to open ports.

Thanks for who ever gave their time to read this post and trying to code a little program for me to use as a guide.

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: [C#] Help

You can easily find a guide or source on google.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm not like takign someones else work. I'm just taking the source and just seeing what that person did and see how they did it differently to my own source. And see what i could do to make mine better.

Also Parker ummm what do I do with your site...?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'm pretty good at C#. What do you mean by, chat system?

Well you know MSN something like that. Where you can just add a few buddies and then you can see weather or not your friends are online and w/e.
Also, you wouldnt need to open any ports and what not.

Simple chatting program.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Generally, the server must open the ports, the clients do not. But if your client is a server aswell...it'll need to open those ports. MSN does that, using an installer they open up the ports they use.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
oh i c...

But another question wat is a basic thing to make out of C# cuz if find Chatting system is a bit hard lol haha is there something thats eaiser

Back