Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[C] General

Software Engineer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Alright, I wana learn C not C++ but C and not C# but C I know little C# and I know where to learn C from (found a book on the interwebs) but the problem is a GOOD Windows C compiler, I downloaded (Bloodshed?) Dev-C++ which also supposively works with C but every code I put into the damn thing is all screwed up, even simple "Hello world" apps what I want is any C coder(s) to help point me in the direction to a decent windows C compiler and any other extra resources if available, and any tips ect.. anything but Mainly a decent C compiler... Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Re: [C] Help Really Needed

Dev-C++ is not messing your code, it fixes it for you!!
First of all, C and C++ would be the same, only C++ supports more functions.
If Dev-C++ does not meet your needs, nothing does.

Software Engineer
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Well, I made a new project called it "Test" or w/e hit compile and run to see what it looks like ect.. Dev-C++ generated the C code and then it says 'error compiling' and then I try again and same thing, then I try to run it and a "project not compiled" (or similar term) warning pops up, im using their own generated code :S

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Then you missed something. Read the tutorial again or find another one.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hmm...If I remember correctly, in CodeBlock's application creation wizard you have the choise between making an application in C or C++.
You should try codeblocks, may fit your needs.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Agreed with Sythrus. I use CodeBlocks for years for making C or C++ applications. They now have a simply up-to-date installer aswell...see

There you should start a new project, a console project and select either C or C++. Codeblocks also requires you to install a compiler manually...advantage is that you can have multiple compilers and select the one to use. I use MingW...it's not the best but it does the job, and that's fine for my projects. Microsoft C compiler is much better I heard, and Intel C compiler is one of the best one's out there (but has to be purchased).

Software Engineer
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Alright I'll try out codeblocks :] Thanks for the help, at first I was gona try Miracle C but its just kinda erm weird imo looks outdated and too much like MASM anyways thanks I'll give Codeblocks a shot, and post if I have any problems with it, if I can compile and run on it I'll just lock this thread. Anyways thanks for all your help I greatly appreciate it. :]

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Please do not lock or delete threads if it's fixed, it can help someone else aswell.

Back