Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Cabal Lanucher

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Im in coding a lanucher for cabal server there is the preview ( its not good in look because im not a atr man ;))

ellemen - Cabal Lanucher - RaGEZONE Forums

* Function

- WebBrowse ( News )

- Start Game ( Starting Appliaction via execution start-cabal.bat )

* New function are:

- Downloading Updates from server

Ill post link to dl it when i finish with update code.:gun_smili

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
@guybrush:
Sorry but your Horrible. Atleast he trys and contributes. What do you do?
guybrush, if you've got nothing productive to say, then don't say anything at all. The least you could have done is explained where you thought it needed improvement. Out of all the posts I've seen you make, about 98% of them were insults, crap and/or unneeded comments. If you're going to continue posting on these forums, then try being a bit more helpful and kind (if you're capable of that...)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That's simple. On startup, just have the program compare it's version to that in a certain file on the net or a database, and if it sees there's a newer version, it DLs it and updates. If you want to do all this without having to write a seperate update program, you'll need to learn how to execute commands from memory after the program exits.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
how to check and get version from cabalmain.exe use vb6?

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
how to check and get version from cabalmain.exe use vb6?

If you are using VB6 i would look at using the FileSystem object as you can do quite a lot with it including getting file information.

You will need a reference to "Microsoft Scripting Runtime" (scrrun.dll) in the project.

Code:
Public Function get_ver(sFilename)
  Dim fso As New FileSystemObject
  get_ver = fso.GetFileVersion(sFilename)
  Set fso = Nothing
End Function

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
lol? There is no file... It says in his 1st post that he will post a download link when he's finished coding the update system, so wth are you trying to download? o_O

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wow you wanna make this project in VB damm thats crazy :p

Good luck men

if you need any help at codding message me im working on a same project
i only dont use vb :p

Here is a Screenshot of the first GUI

Functions:

Launch Game
News Items ( From a Database )
Version check
Auto patch