Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Cabal Laucher

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Here are a few designed laucher I made and wish to share with you all. :):
These lauchers doesnt need the .bat file to start the game. But it still need your internal.txt in your
data folder. Basically it replace your .bat with this one.

These laucher all comes with the auto update function. And a simple small web browser displaying your
server news. The auto update function is from Nano's guide and thanks to his source code.
Credit to Nano. :):

All these laucher needs to work.

1. Extract this file to your webserver.
(if your are using Xampp, then it should be in htdocs folder)
2. Open the NoticeEvent.php with WordPad.
3. Then look for this lines :-
Code:
 <i><strong><font face="times new roman, times, serif" size="2">[COLOR="Red"]* Server Maintenance - [/COLOR]</font></i></strong>
<i><strong><font face="times new roman, times, serif" size="1">[COLOR="Red"]Weekly Maintenance[/COLOR]</font></i></strong>
<br>
<i><strong><font face="times new roman, times, serif" size="1">[COLOR="Red"]-Every Monday 10.00am-12.00pm[/COLOR]</font></i></strong>
<br>
<i><strong><font face="times new roman, times, serif" size="2">[COLOR="Red"]* Server Event - [/COLOR]</font></i></strong>
<i><strong><font face="times new roman, times, serif" size="1">[COLOR="Red"]Christmas Event[/COLOR]</font></i></strong>
<br>
<i><strong><font face="times new roman, times, serif" size="1">[COLOR="Red"]-Starting 20/12/08 to 31/12/08[/COLOR]</font></i></strong>
<br>
<i><strong><font face="times new roman, times, serif" size="2">[COLOR="Red"]* Server Update - [/COLOR]</font></i></strong>
<i><strong><font face="times new roman, times, serif" size="1">[COLOR="Red"]Cash Shop Update[/COLOR]</font></i></strong>
<br>
<i><strong><font face="times new roman, times, serif" size="1">[COLOR="Red"]-Latest Cash Shop Items updated [/COLOR]</font></i></strong>
4. Replace them with the latest news of your server.
(All have to be short and clear, test it yourself to make sure it fits in the box)

(Patches folder and var.ini)

These are the file and folder for your auto update to work.
Auto update :-
1. Extract this files to your webserver. So it would look something like below :-
C:\Xampp\htdocs\cnlupdfold
C:\Xampp\htdocs\cnlupdfold\var.ini
C:\Xampp\htdocs\cnlupdfold\Patches
(if your are using Xampp, then it should be in htdocs folder)
If you dont have any update then just leave them there in your webserver.
2. You can follow the steps in Nano's post :-
http://forum.ragezone.com/f459/cabal-nano-launcher-v1-0-a-430355/
In the file var.ini you have to specify the new version. The numbers must be 1 to 0
(That means you can type 1 or 5 or 19 or 119 or even 942847238 etc.) and no floats,doubles
or anything else, just clear integers.
For example when you first start all you will have in var.ini: "CurrentVersion = 1"
and when you start launcher it wont do anything, cause in the settings it has version 1 also.
But if you change the version in var.ini to 2 it will start downloading the file for the version from
the "C:\AppServ\www\cnlupdfold\Patches" folder. That means if the version is 2 then
the file name should be "2.exe" (This exe you will have to create in the WinRar, but later)
So if we want the launcher to update the client you have to change the version in var.ini
and use the same number for the patch in the Patches folder.
Okey now I will tell you how to create the specific exe we will need for the updater.
First of all gather all the files you want the user to update.
Then Mark them all:
Press Right Mouse Button and then press the "Add to archive...":
You should see a window popping up:
1) Select RAR
2) Select Best
3) Select "Create SFX Archive"
4) Select the "Advanced" tab
After selecting the "Advanced" tab you should see this:
1) Select "SFX Options..."
In the SFX Options you have to:
1) Select "Create in the current folder"
2) Click on "Modes"
Then in the "Modes" you have to:
1) Select "Hide all"
2) Click on "Update"
Then on the "Update" tab you have to:
1) Select "Extract and replace files"
2) Select "Overwrite all files"
3) Click on the "General" tab
On the "General" tab you have to:
1) Click on "Save current settings as default"
2) Click on the "OK" button
########################
And wolla the next time you will need to create the same .exe archive with all the settings,
you just have to:
1) Gather all the files you want the user to update.
2) Then Mark them all
3) Press Right Mouse Button and then press the "Add to archive...":
In the WinRar which just popped up you have to:
4) Select RAR
5) Select Best
6) Select "Create SFX Archive"
7) And click OK, thats all!
##############################
Thats it for the Auto Updater Guide!
And whenever the launcher will start updating it will download the SFX (.exe)
rchive in the directory where is the launcher and execute it and the SFX will
automatically extract all the new files in the cabal client.

Sample :-
cyber37 - Cabal Laucher - RaGEZONE Forums

Here are the 4 difference outlook and design of the laucher.
Choose the one you like to download and extract the files to your client folder.

Edit the cnl.ini file and look for this 2 lines :-
Code:
WebBrowserUrl = [COLOR="Red"]http://localhost/noticeevent.php[/COLOR]
UpdateHost        = [COLOR="Red"]127.0.0.1[/COLOR]

The 1st one is the small WebBrowser address. Replace it with your own address.
The 2nd one is the update host address. Replace it with your own address too.

These are the full guide installation of the laucher.
These lauchers dont come with the button function as shown in the sample laucher.

If anyone would like to have those button function in the laucher. You can PM with details :-
1. Main website address.
2. Forum address.
3. Registeration webpage address.
4. Donation webpage address.(If you have one) :):
I will make them for you and send it to you.

I haven't test this lauchers in others OS(like Vista) yet. So if you come across any problems,
please let me know. I'll try my best to make it work for you. :):

These are my 1st made laucher with limited knowledge of VB, so hope you guys like them and enjoy. :):

Last edited:
The Cat in the Hat
Legend
Reaction score
I should have watched my mouth and not said/talked poop to DeadlyData telling him things like your are not welcome here because then I become the one who is truly not welcome here.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
well here are my suggestions:

1. the idea is cool but the design is awful.
2. the idea of updater is nice but the security is awful.

I guess this launcher is the best one release yet it aint the best i`ve seen but hey that`s all you got.

After i finish a big project i have for my boss, i`ll continue coding cat, finish my updater and launcher, and make some guides for ragezone, but till then that`s all we got.

But hey don`t get sad it`s better than nothing. Maybe you can work on the way the buttons look, maybe put a png instaid of the button donno u figure out something.

Good Luck,
Cypher

Hehe.. thanx for your suggestion, Cypher. :):

Actually I'm working on a better design, but would take much time for it.
As you know working on graphic do take times. :tongue:

I'm trying my best to learn more of VB, hope will get a more better and nice design next time. :):

Anyway, thank you for the suggestion. :):

The Cat in the Hat
Legend
Reaction score
I should have watched my mouth and not said/talked poop to DeadlyData telling him things like your are not welcome here because then I become the one who is truly not welcome here.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
will this one work with vista the other one from nanoman didnt

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sir it's not working on my webserver..Im using Wamp and I configure it properly but when I start the launcher is says "Error connecting in update" something like that...and the notice.png image include it does not appear in the launcher! :closedeyes: I already change it to NoticeEvent.php...How will I fix this?

Thanks! :8:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
kc0gcm : will this one work with vista the other one from nanoman didnt

Sorry, as I've siad I havent tested it in other OS yet. So i dont know it will work or not.
But I'm going to install Vista to my other harddrive OS, so will test it out later. :):

magneticpop : Sir it's not working on my webserver..Im using Wamp and I configure it properly but when I start the launcher is says "Error connecting in update" something like that...and the notice.png image include it does not appear in the launcher! I already change it to NoticeEvent.php...How will I fix this?

Thanks!

Did you extract the cnlupdfold.rar to your webserver root directory? You must have this in your root
directory. I'm not using Wamp, so I just assume it should be something like this after you extract them :-
C:\Wamp\www\cnlupdfold
C:\Wamp\www\cnlupdfold\var.ini
C:\Wamp\www\cnlupdfold\Patches
If you already did this and the error still there, means the IP setting of UpdateHost in the cnl.ini is incorrect.
If your are testing it on your own computer the IP should be 127.0.0.1.

For the NoticeEvent.php you can test it out using the normal IE browser. In your browser type in
"localhost/NoticeEvent.php" and see whats the result. Then you can adjust your news and the
Notice.png. The Notice.png should be in the same directory of your NoticeEvent.php.
example:- if everythingis in drive E inside your Wamp root direcory. Then it should be something like
this in your NoticeEvent.php :-
Code:
background-image: url(file:///E:/Wamp/www/Notice.png);
:):

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Dude I already do your guide but stil error eh...:closedeyes: Also the image still cannot see,,,:(:
Here is my settings..

file:///C:/Wamp/www/CABALONLINE/Notice.png);

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Dude I already do your guide but stil error eh...:closedeyes: Also the image still cannot see,,,:(:
Here is my settings..

file:///C:/Wamp/www/CABALONLINE/Notice.png);

Actually it's simple to test it out if your NoticeEvent.php working or not.
Just open your IE brower and type in :-

Code:
http://localhost/cabalonline/NoticeEvent.php

If nothing display means you didn't extract the file into the right folder.
If the NoticeEvent.php is in the folder as you say, then it should be like this in
your NoticeEvent.php :-

Code:
background-image: url(file:///C:/Wamp/www/cabalonline/Notice.png);
(Your Notice.png should be in the same folder as your NoticeEvent.php)

If you can see all the things then it should be like this in your cnl.ini :-
Code:
WebBrowserUrl 	= http://localhost/cabalonline/noticeevent.php

For the Update IP, as I see you installing them in a folder name cabalonline.
So it should be like this in your cnl.ini :-
Code:
UpdateHost	=127.0.0.1/cabalonline/

Actually this setting it's your own, you should figure it out yourself.
Cause other ppl who using the laucher can make it work, so you should make it work too. :):
Hope you can make it work. :):

Here is another designed laucher I made for people from this forum, and his players are using it too.

PS : cypher, how's the look of these buttons this time, nice? :p:

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Bro I already put in the same folder the Notice.png and the NoticeEvent.php but still the image not appear in the launcher...:mellow: And I have question bout this launcher! It is compatible with SAURON's patch? Coz when I click the button START GAME a popup error show! It says "D:\Program Files\OGPlanet\Cabal\Data\cabal.enc" corrupted!!!

Sir how to fix this? I'm using SAURON patch weh..:thumbup:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Bro I already put in the same folder the Notice.png and the NoticeEvent.php but still the image not appear in the launcher...:mellow: And I have question bout this launcher! It is compatible with SAURON's patch? Coz when I click the button START GAME a popup error show! It says "D:\Program Files\OGPlanet\Cabal\Data\cabal.enc" corrupted!!!

Sir how to fix this? I'm using SAURON patch weh..:thumbup:

I really dont know what you did wrong. :blink:
Did you test it out in your IE browser and all things display in it? Did you ever tested it?
If yes, and everything display in your browser then it should be working. :blink:
Try send me your NoticeEvent.php and cnl.ini and let me see your setting.

Yes, this laucher works with Suaron's patch. Actually I didnt change any of your files,
try re-patch your files again. Seem like your cabal.enc corrupted.

I've 2 patch with myself, 1 is my own GP-client patch and the othe one is Sauron's patch.
2 of them also works fine. Even my friend full Chinese-clinet also works.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes I test it in my IE browser the notice is appear but the image background does not....Updating is ok the background image and the launching is my only problem.. :?:
Look at my settings:

<!--
body {
background-image: url(file:///C:/Wamp/www/CABALONLINE/Notice.png);
background-repeat: no-repeat;
}
-->

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Code:
Yes I test it in my IE browser the notice is appear but the image background does not....Updating is ok the background image and the launching is my only problem..

Ok.. I've change something in the Notice.php. Go download again.
This time you dont need to change anything about the Notice.png.

Just change the News you want, it should display correctly for you this time. :):

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok thanks dude! How about when clicking the start game button!?? I already try apply the patch of SAURON but still error "cabal.enc corrupted!" :O:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok thanks dude! How about when clicking the start game button!?? I already try apply the patch of SAURON but still error "cabal.enc corrupted!" :O:

ok, try download the below file and patch it to your client. It's the same as Sauron's patch,
I just took it out from chumpy's v2.5 server files. :p:

PS : Let me know if everything works fine for you, thanx. :):

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Actually it's simple to test it out if your NoticeEvent.php working or not.
Just open your IE brower and type in :-

Code:
http://localhost/cabalonline/NoticeEvent.php
If nothing display means you didn't extract the file into the right folder.
If the NoticeEvent.php is in the folder as you say, then it should be like this in
your NoticeEvent.php :-

Code:
background-image: url(file:///C:/Wamp/www/cabalonline/Notice.png);
(Your Notice.png should be in the same folder as your NoticeEvent.php)

If you can see all the things then it should be like this in your cnl.ini :-
Code:
WebBrowserUrl     = http://localhost/cabalonline/noticeevent.php
For the Update IP, as I see you installing them in a folder name cabalonline.
So it should be like this in your cnl.ini :-
Code:
UpdateHost    =127.0.0.1/cabalonline/
Actually this setting it's your own, you should figure it out yourself.
Cause other ppl who using the laucher can make it work, so you should make it work too. :):
Hope you can make it work. :):

Here is another designed laucher I made for people from this forum, and his players are using it too.

PS : cypher, how's the look of these buttons this time, nice? :p:

yeah :thumbup:

haha, cyber, is the enthusiasm with buttons huh :eek:tt1:

The Cat in the Hat
Legend
Reaction score
Re: Cabal Laucher(Update Notice.rar pls re-download)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Bro can you share your working cabal.enc for this launcher??? Coz I'd still got error eh! I applied the sauron's patch but still cannot run the launcher...thnx! :p:

The Cat in the Hat
Legend
Reaction score

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Yes it runs normal! also when using .bat launcher! :): But when I use the launcher I got error! And it says "cabal.enc corrupted!" How to fix this?:(:

Back