Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Cannot see new players entering map.

Reaction score
For some weird reason(I think it's due to packets, I'm not sure), I can't see new players entering the map. Like, when a person goes into a map, I can't see them put warped into the map, I have to !reloadmap the map just to see all the people that are in the map, and !whosthere tells me that there is people in the map, but I can't see them going into the map until I reload the map. Any idea why? This is becoming very annoying how I need to do that. :mad:

Please help?

Reaction score
I looked at it and it seems like nothing is wrong with it..I don't understand, Is it due to something with me adding like bgms to maps?
EX: I added these.
PHP:
 if (mapid == 910000000){
            chr.getClient().getSession().write(CField.musicChange(ServerConstants.FM_BGM));
        }
        if (mapid == 180000000){
            chr.getClient().getSession().write(CField.musicChange(ServerConstants.GM_BGM));
        }
        if (mapid == 180000001){
            chr.getClient().getSession().write(CField.musicChange(ServerConstants.DARK_GM_BGM));
        }
        if (mapid == 100000000){
            chr.getClient().getSession().write(CField.musicChange(ServerConstants.HENESYS_BGM));
        }
to MapleMap.AddPlayer.

Edit: Also, my server is a GM server, so does that affect anything?

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Players are not in Hide correct? Also, you might want to check the SpawnPlayerMapObject packet. But, I'm not sure if that's the issue, since you're not dc'ing and you can see them with !reloadmap. You might want to check an early revision of your source to see if you can see players in the same map as well. Then, your best bet would be to compare.

Upvote 0
Back